Heroes <snicker> of Dune

Start topics here about Dune that are not bloody likely to be screwed with by me.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Heroes <snicker> of Dune

Post by Omphalos »

I found this over at Fed2K. Its from an interview that the board owner did with Anderson by e-mail. In it he says:
We haven’t even officially sold JESSICA OF DUNE or following books yet,
Here is the link.

This is news to me. Hadn't they sold all their crap series as one before? I think I remember him bragging about that. I can never be sure, but maybe the publisher is taking a pensive approach to these books because they think that it (finally) is coming to an end? Or maybe they realize the true intensity of the fire that these two idiots are playing with by daring to add interquels to FH's books? One can only hope.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

More likely with the "Official" finally published they are thinking there may be an over saturation of the market concerning Dune.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Um...that's from back at the end of March. I think Dunenewt posted elsewhere when they announced the signing of the contract for Jessica through Leto (which is when they announced the last; it hadn't been mentioned before that).

Here's the post: Topic: UK and Commonwealth rights signed for 3 more Dune books :)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

:cry:

But on the bright side, I see that Hyppo actually is not a preek. That's good to know. :wink:

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, yes, there IS that. :roll:

But unlike us she has an open mind and is flexible enough to admit the New Crap as an "alternate Duniverse" and actually discuss various possibilities and outcomes there. You have to admire that about her and her "beautiful mind", no?

The physical equivalent would be bending over backwards and inserting your head up your ass. :lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Personally, I think asking for more stories to clarify points, then "sniping," or whatever the hell it is she says she does is a little duplicitous. And constantly shoving her nose up The Old Dune Prude's ass doesn't make it much better.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Snarking. That's what she calls it. Or spamming. Maybe they're the same thing. Whatever.

And it's more a case of her crawling OUT of his ass to comment. Or breathe. ;)

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I haven't seen her around for a while. I thought perhaps she had gone off to club seals to death with her walking stick.
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote::cry:

But on the bright side, I see that Hyppo actually is not a preek. That's good to know. :wink:
Bullshit. It's just an act.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote::cry:

Bullshit. It's just an act.
Yes, let's see here copy and paste that comment on DNBBS... :P
Neutrinos watch alert !

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

chanilover wrote:I haven't seen her around for a while. I thought perhaps she had gone off to club seals to death with her walking stick.
Maybe she's doing her fanfic... :roll:
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

On Kaitain under Muad'Dib, life for those of us in the harem of the former Emperor Shaddam would appear to the casual observer to have changed but little. However, the real changes were profound. We were much greener, for one thing, recycling our skimpy silk outfits—which never really fit my ample figure to begin with—for much more ecologically sound and far less sexist unisex outfits of Ecazi cotton....

:roll:

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Looks promising.

Do you remember when Hyppo was proudly banging on about how she wore trousers in the 70s and was trying to get the old biddies in town to follow her lead. She was probably just thankful that she could finally cover her ugly, misshapen legs. (HI HYPPO!)
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

You really think it was the legs?

I assumed it had to do more with her prolapsed vagina. (Hype's box, sounding much like Bette Midler: "That's it, Soph. If I ain't gonna get any action stuck between these hairy slabs o' flab, I'm OUTA HERE!") She had to wear trousers to keep the nasty thing from dragging on the ground behind her.

:shock:

Damn...I'm pretty proud of that one. :lol:

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

So you think she would make tracks like a snail if she didn't wear pants?
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Definitely.

THIS thick.

Viscous.

And glistening.

And don't even let me commencer on the smell.

(But you know that rotted fish soy sauce the Thais use? That's just suggestive.)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Im sure it would dry to a beautiful opalescent sheen.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Kevin has blahgged on MySpace that he has finished "writing" his half of Jes' Icky of Dune.

If he started "writing" at the beginning of August as he wrote he was going to back in July, he finished it in less than a month.

And considering the various Cons he's been at this month, he maybe spent about two weeks on the first draft, at most?

Quality and time spent...what was the relationship again? :roll:

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Kevin has blahgged on MySpace that he has finished "writing" his half of Jes' Icky of Dune.

If he started "writing" at the beginning of August as he wrote he was going to back in July, he finished it in less than a month.

And considering the various Cons he's been at this month, he maybe spent about two weeks on the first draft, at most?

I think him fucking with Jessica's character is going to piss me off more than the others in this series. She was an extremely well developed character by FH, that will make it easier for him to fuck up.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Oh come Sandchigger be generous, he could have taken 3 weeks, you never know he might talk in his sleep. :mrgreen:
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I'm being as generous as I can by buying their books.

To rip up.

Figuratively. :D

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

That you are, but think you could give the Yen to a local urchen and instruct them to go and steal it for you :twisted: . That ways you're giving something back to your community :idea: .
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Do you think Jessica will give Gurney a blow-job?

She was a great character, but I think she's just the sort of strong female character Anderson hates. He's bound to have her rutting like a slig on heat at some point. Not that I'll know, I won't be reading it. Why would I want the smell of shit on my fingers afterwards?
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

SandChigger wrote:Kevin has blahgged on MySpace that he has finished "writing" his half of Jes' Icky of Dune.

Remember his little snippy comment when I asked that question during the online chat? He doesn't send anything out unless he is personally satisfied as to the quality.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Ugh, that's right.

And we're all just jealous because HE'S the one that gets to write Dune stories.

Such a grip he has on reality. :roll:

Return to “Dune Talk”