Golf

You've seen these types of things on virtually every other board you've been on, so why not?
Nekhrun
Archivist

Golf

Post by Nekhrun »

Now that I'm at home I can post a picture of how I made golf fun again.

This is my 3rd attempt at the Booze Bag and think I'm finally on to something. The bag was a $20 find at a used sporting equipment store. It's iPod compatible/with speakers, holds a case of beer, 4 literjons of alcohol and has a cooler attached that can hold another few bottles/cans. It comes with it's own cart, holds clubs and has a great drink umbrella. The drinks are delivered through a spigot at the bottom. So far no catch pockets from which I can drink. Urine and feces are processed by the grass on the course.

History of the Booze Bag

Version 1.0 was simply a bag with two gallon and a half pressurized sprayers with nozzels for the top, fake golf clubs for realism.

Version 2.0 was another bag with tube coiled around PVC pipe and a hose spigot at the bottom. This one held real clubs. There is also a documentary made about its creation.

Version 2.1 was the same bag with another tube/spigot added for tequila.

I really think #3 is our finest bag to date and will probably add another few liters for next season.

Instead of keeping score in golf we score how many and what kinds of beverages we have at each hole and at the end compare notes. You can add golf carts and or course shenanigans to make variations to the game as well. Generally we don't finish a complete round, sometimes not by our own choice.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

Something so wrong it's gotta be right! :D
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

So, how is the bag holding up?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Wow. You found a way to make golf not suck. I didn't think it could be done!
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I must say, my wife would appreciate the um... thriftiness of avoiding paying the drink prices at the golf course.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor

Return to “Blatant Post Count Boosters”