Dark City Re-release

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Dark City Re-release

Post by Omphalos »

According to this page, someone is redoing the effects and re-releasing this hated-or-loved film from the late 1990's. I was not too impressed with the original, but I will give it a shot.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I like it well enough...although I'm not quite sure I've ever seen the whole thing from start to finish in one sitting. :shock:

(Seems like I always find it on from about the last hour or half, or start to watch it and have to leave to do something, etc. I have seen ALL of it, tho. ;) )

Not sure why the effects have to be redone, though.

(Haven't read the link yet.)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I liked the movie right up until the end, where the main character discovers that he has this mental uber-mental power that makes him stronger than the bad-guys, only he didn't know it. :roll: :roll:

Great movie up til then though. Then it turns into a KJA book.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Only without the midget metamorphosis. :D
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Only without the midget metamorphosis. :D
I dunno. Rufus Sewell and Kiefer Sutherland are in it. :P

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Zing! ;)

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

I enjoyed it, the commentaries on the disk were quite interesting, especially the Ebert one which was based on the frame by frame break down he did of the movie with film students and fans.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

I saw this in the theater when it was released. But hell, a decade is too long ago for me to remember much detail. I just remember thinking it was really bizarre, almost too bizarre to bear, but I also remember walking out of the theater feeling there was something brilliant about it. Maybe I'll watch it again sometime and see how I feel about it now.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”