The 22 Most Awful Moments in Science Fiction

Start topics here about Dune that are not bloody likely to be screwed with by me.
GamePlayer

The 22 Most Awful Moments in Science Fiction

Post by GamePlayer »

This is old news (Oct 2007), but I just stumbled on this and can't for the life of me remember if we shared it on DN or Arrakeen. Anyway, when I saw it I instantly thought of all you guys and gals :)

The 22 Most Awful Moments in Science Fiction (see #2)

Enjoy :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Hee hee. I hadn't seen that. :D
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Did that make it to DN? It's got to get some face time over there. :D
Be right back. :wink:

Edit: okay I'm back.
Last edited by Nekhrun on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Yar! Blocked by the e-nazis, for "tasteless and offensive content!" Well, I guess Ill just have to be offended once I get home, eh?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Brian Herbert has not just tarnished his father's legacy, he has ridden atop a burning money train straight down the gullet of his father's dessicated corpse, exploding it in a shower of creepy sex scenes and lame multi-page descriptions of giant robots fighting. Burn in hell forever, Brian Herbert. I hope you slip and fall in that new bathroom.
Harumph! Harumph!
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Just checked out my DN post, man that arnoldo is a little bitch. I hate that kid. :evil:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

OK! :lol: I'm home now, and that is funny!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Goddess what a douche!

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Robspierre wrote:Goddess what a douche!
You're not kidding. I just checked Arrakeen and he's already posting links to the Something Awful website. That little prick runs crying to Byron and then does that. I guess the writing isn't as offensive if it doesn't interfere with his idol's sales.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, damn. You mean I'm going to have to sully myself perving DN by proxy again? :roll:

:D

Hang on....

Well, shit. The proxy service I've been using till now keeps timing out. I wonder if that means they're onto me?

I kinda get the gist of what's gone on from the above, but anyone care to fill in the details until I can get through? :cry:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Arnoldo bitched royally on DN about Nekhrun's posting of that link there, saying that it was offensive. He even quoted Byron's rules in large text.

Then he gets interested in the site, found something that he liked that was honestly, probably more offensive than calling Brian a patriamoral corpse-fucker, and posted it on Arrakeen. What a tool!

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Aw, it's a family feeling. :lol:

I love how every pathetic Preek shit that can operate (sort of) a keyboard at one time or other feels the need to ingratiate himself (or herself?) with Byron and the Herberts with a righteous display of indignation over some slight or other.

Remember when Nebby posted about notifying Byron of the thread on Arrakeen about Frank's...what was it, views on sexuality or something?

YAWN.

(Thanks for the info; now I don't need to bother trying to go over there. ;))
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Omphalos wrote:Arnoldo bitched royally on DN about Nekhrun's posting of that link there, saying that it was offensive. He even quoted Byron's rules in large text.

Then he gets interested in the site, found something that he liked that was honestly, probably more offensive than calling Brian a patriamoral corpse-fucker, and posted it on Arrakeen. What a tool!
Yeah, and the pathetic thing is, he succeeded. The topic has been deleted.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Speaking of Byron and DN, has anyone asked him why he hasn't been back to Arrakeen to discuss those things he claimed we didn't want to discuss? Has he gone on about it any more on DN?

I really did not have him pegged for such a chicken shit.
Tleilax Master B

SandChigger wrote:Speaking of Byron and DN, has anyone asked him why he hasn't been back to Arrakeen to discuss those things he claimed we didn't want to discuss? Has he gone on about it any more on DN?

I really did not have him pegged for such a chicken shit.
Well, he is a chicken shit. But he just posted something in response to a post I put up declaring our victory in the BJ debate---since he no longer responds to it--and says he has been busy in "real life." He also chastised me for basically telling arnoldo to shut up because this didn't "further debate." My response was that the little troll doesn't further debate anyway, his ridiculous out-of-context quotes and comments were meaningless to any real discussion. I'll probably get a warning or some such nonsense. boo hoo :wink:
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Arnoldo bitched royally on DN about Nekhrun's posting of that link there, saying that it was offensive. He even quoted Byron's rules in large text.

Yeah, no PM, no email. He used to talk about how he'd do both of those things if he edited or deleted comments. He's never sent me a message any time he's censored me.
Tleilax Master B

Nekhrun wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:

Yeah, no PM, no email. He used to talk about how he'd do both of those things if he edited or deleted comments. He's never sent me a message any time he's censored me.
I sent arnoldo a PM congratulating him on being a successful little cry-baby. I told him to quit being a hypocrite and stopping posting things from that site at 'keen if it disturbs him so much.

Off topic--WTF is "superduperpuck" up to? Jesus, he changed his name and now he is even weirder and more verbose.

And how is it that manbearpig gets to keep posting when Tyrant was banned? He even has the fact he was Tyrant in his signature.

I have an uncontrollable urge to be disruptive over there :twisted:
Tleilax Master B

Oh, this is good too, apparently "preek" is now being edited out of post by the "almighty one"--at least he recognizes its a bad word :D

He sent me a PM to explain it was no longer allowed--because it was derogatory. Sounds to much like "pricks" I guess :D

He also deleted Freakzilla's post in the password topic where Freak said his password was "dune7sucks" :)
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Tleilax Master B wrote:Oh, this is good too, apparently "preek" is now being edited out of post by the "almighty one"--at least he recognizes its a bad word :D

He sent me a PM to explain it was no longer allowed--because it was derogatory. Sounds to much like "pricks" I guess :D
You mean he finally caught on?

God, is he a bit slow, or what? :roll:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Wow. I wonder if this means that hes ramping up the Newspeak efforts again? I called arnie a troll over there yesterday, but it was in the thread that was deleted.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Tleilax Master B wrote: I sent arnoldo a PM congratulating him on being a successful little cry-baby. I told him to quit being a hypocrite and stopping posting things from that site at 'keen if it disturbs him so much.
Good idea. I have an idea for a little message of my own. :twisted:
Tleilax Master B wrote:Off topic--WTF is "superduperpuck" up to? Jesus, he changed his name and now he is even weirder and more verbose.

Don't know, I haven't read one of his posts for over a year now.
Tleilax Master B wrote:And how is it that manbearpig gets to keep posting when Tyrant was banned? He even has the fact he was Tyrant in his signature.

That one baffles me as well, I asked the same question over at DN after the banning. Byron must have a soft spot for his original shit-quel loving persona.
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:Wow. I wonder if this means that hes ramping up the Newspeak efforts again? I called arnie a troll over there yesterday, but it was in the thread that was deleted.
He's going to have to get busy, because I started posting over there again today. 8)
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Wow. I wonder if this means that hes ramping up the Newspeak efforts again? I called arnie a troll over there yesterday, but it was in the thread that was deleted.
He's going to have to get busy, because I started posting over there again today. 8)
I just realized I called arnie an ass-hat over there too, and it didnt get deleted. I seriously think that Byron is fucking with me.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:I just realized I called arnie an ass-hat over there too, and it didnt get deleted. I seriously think that Byron is fucking with me.
I saw that, how is that okay but preek isn't. I guess people that like the new books are now supposed to be called ass-hats. :wink:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Call this a conspiracy theory if you wish, and call me a crack-pot if you think it (shut up, Ragabash. You too Chig), but Byron honstly leaves me completely alone. I say some of the most ban-worthy things on DN, and I get nothin. I have wondered for a while if Byron has some devious plan going on where he treats different ones of us differently.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

He wants you.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Ooooo! I stand corrected!
From boardadmin
To Omphalos
Posted Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:09 pm
Subject Warning
Warning. Please don't insult other members (Arnoldo: "...that little a$$...).

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Your days are numbered, you hairy-armed board bully! :P :D :wink:

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Out of all the things Ive said and done, who'd a thunk that one would get me in trouble?

Sometimes I feel so low about that place. Its like I cant even log on without thinking about stirring up some crap. I gotta stop going there and stop being such an ass.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I was addicted to lurking but the new template cured me of that. I haven't been back over there in a while.. have they made the font bigger or do you still have to squint to read the posts?
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Mandy wrote:...or do you still have to squint to read the posts?
You still have to squint.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Maybe they're trying to discourage us old farts from participating. :)
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

The Preeks do seem to be a buncha youngns.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I haven't looked on Dunenovels properly in months. The last time I was on there was in that idiotic thread about robots having souls. I've looked at the site once this year and saw the names of the last people who had posted in the threads - Arnoloco, Superfuckhead and even that retarded hick Hyppo and I couldn't be arsed opening any of the threads. Looks like I've finally lost all interest in even looking at the dump. The thought of posting there again just feels like flogging a dead horse.

What is it about Dune that attracts such mongs to its websites, especially the admins (apart from Omfartloss and Freak)? I can't understand why such a great book is read by such fucktards, unless these people are the fans of those shit Anderson efforts.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Every fandom is filled with it's own populations of morons, some unique to each sub-fandom, others much more common. A certain percentage of undesirables is only to be expected, since internet communities are unique in that we must interact with those people whom we normally would not.

What I've found unique to online Dune fandom is the unwillingness to ban true forum trolling. Never have I been on non-parody message boards so tolerant they allow trolls to operate almost indiscriminately. On any other message board, users like sloeman, arnoldo, and the like would have long been banned.

Tleilax Master B

Omphalos wrote:Out of all the things Ive said and done, who'd a thunk that one would get me in trouble?

Sometimes I feel so low about that place. Its like I cant even log on without thinking about stirring up some crap. I gotta stop going there and stop being such an ass.
No you don't :D I love it when you post shit like that and get away with it. I'm baffled at what you get away with over there--but I love it.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Out of all the things Ive said and done, who'd a thunk that one would get me in trouble?

No you don't :D I love it when you post shit like that and get away with it. I'm baffled at what you get away with over there--but I love it.
I think those days are over. Ive been exchanging PM with the 'Ol Dune Dud, and it appears that his tactics with me may have changed. Apparently hes tired of me. Oh well.

Tleilax Master B

Omphalos wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:

I think those days are over. Ive been exchanging PM with the 'Ol Dune Dud, and it appears that his tactics with me may have changed. Apparently hes tired of me. Oh well.
Tough shit for him. I'm sure he is tired of me too, but I still intend to push it. 8)

Return to “Dune Talk”