Dune Reading Group

How this works
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Dune Reading Group

Post by Omphalos »

Hi all,

This section of The Undeleted is being set up for Freakzilla to post all of the chapter summaries and reviews that he has created over at Arrakeen. The purpose is not to take something great away from that site, but instead to serve as a library of sorts where Freakzilla can archive his hard work. Right now it is set up so that the unregistered may see the threads and may view the content, but only Freak can add. This particular thread has been left open for comment, so if you have any, put them here. If you have any suggestions as to how either Freak or I can improve this area of the forum, please either PM us or post a message.

What is really going on here is that I personally wanted someplace where the stupidity would stop. I promise to have a much heavier hand than the moderators at Arrakeen have shown. I personally think its great that that forum has some traffic and interest, but IMHO there has to be a place where OH can go and read important stuff without having to skip over pointless crap. IOW, this now and forever will be an OH site.

Im also open to archiving any other threads, or whatever materials you have that you would like to be separate and available to us in a private library. Just let me know and I'll get you set up.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Eru

Post by Eru »

This is a great idea. Every time that I see one of Freak's chapters with a new post, and it's from arnie, a little piece of me dies inside. I really don't get why he's still even at 'Keen. After his little "phukyoutalifan" homage to your "fuckyoupreeks" stunt, I really thought it was bye bye arnie. And yet there he remains.
"We must make an Idol of our fear and call it God"

--The Seventh Sign
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Ditto on the great idea. :)

(I've tried ignoring Awny—honest, I have!—but his stupidity just screams for someone to bash him. :( )
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

SandChigger wrote:Ditto on the great idea. :)

(I've tried ignoring Awny—honest, I have!—but his stupidity just screams for someone to bash him. :( )
I'm not ignoring him anymore; my goal is to continue to make him look like an ass. That little twit is so annoying, and the sad thing is he only hurt's Byron's arguments by making preeks look more and more stupid.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I really think arnold is playing some perverse game, getting off on baiting anyone he can by just saying the stupidest thing that comes to his mind. Its like everything he says contradicts everything else he said before. A human brain cannot be that disorganized, can it?

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

He's a troll. I don't know what he's been doing at Arrakeen but it was pretty obvious at DN. Getting you guys to argue with him is his goal.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Arnoldo disturbs me. He occasionally cites some pretty interesting-if irrelevant- ideas, and sometimes even seems to understand what he's talking about.

Honestly, sometimes I think he's an OH in disguise, looking to discredit the HLP through pure reductio ad absurdum.
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Phaedrus wrote:Arnoldo disturbs me. He occasionally cites some pretty interesting-if irrelevant- ideas, and sometimes even seems to understand what he's talking about.

Honestly, sometimes I think he's an OH in disguise, looking to discredit the HLP through pure reductio ad absurdum.
Eh, I don't know. I think he is just an ass. He PMs me stupid links to articles I don't give a flying fuck about--I never, ever reply to any of them. But I won't lie; I like having a new TAZ to beat on :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:Arnoldo disturbs me. He occasionally cites some pretty interesting-if irrelevant- ideas, and sometimes even seems to understand what he's talking about.

An OH in disguise? No way. Not with some of the crud that has come out of his warped little brain. No way. You really think that arnoldo may possibly be an Uber-Nekhrun or Uber-Xibabla? What has he said that gives you that notion?

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't mind him so much except that he's almost always off-topic.

Anyway...

I'm going to start copying the chapter summaries I've done at Arrakeen this weekend. It'll be good to have an archive in case something happens at Arrakeen.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't mind him so much except that he's almost always off-topic.

Anyway...

I'm going to start copying the chapter summaries I've done at Arrakeen this weekend. It'll be good to have an archive in case something happens at Arrakeen.
Maybe I would feel that way if I had six kids at home too, and had to deal with that level of thinking all the time. :wink:

Honestly, you must have the patience of a saint if he doesnt drive you a little bit batty.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Honestly, you must have the patience of a saint if he doesnt drive you a little bit batty.
I'm nothing in that respect compared to my wife.

His "guess what I'm thinking" quotes with no comments of his own when he first started posting drove me nuts.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I get a bit annoyed when he starts asking questions about the point he is trying to make. Read the books, foo! I guess maybe he thinks its a reading group and not a bitterly divided group of fans. :wink:

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freak, please dont forget to update here as you finish. I saw that you are thinking of doing other FH books when you are done with Dune. I think that is awesome, so be sure to ghost them here as read-only.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Will do.

~Leto II, God Emperor

Return to “Reading Group Administrivia”