Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Trannies of Dune, Volume I

Post by Omphalos »

Here is a link to the original:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1310

Here is the review:

Up next from my bookcase, is a Dune spin off called Trannies of Dune, by the man known only as Chanilover. Chanilover is a man of contradictions. He seems a being full of passion, yet his internet handle suggests some sort of platonic fixation which, by all the best evidence, will likely NEVER be consummated. In any event, this is only the first volume of what is being marketed by the publisher as a trilogy. Yet despite the deep river of...something...that obviously runs through this man, his years seem meager, and perhaps we can all hope that this is merely the first book of Chanilover's own Canterbury Tales.

Oh, where to begin with the majestic vision that is Trannies of Dune? From the start, the reader is swept away on a veritable wave of cattiness and snide asides, the likes of which have been seen only in Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, and The Speeches of Richard Nixon: The Agnew Years. And despite the seeming solitary focus on cross dressing, with perhaps a generous use of the subtheme of objectification of sailors as slavering men good only for one thing - the purchase of intoxicating beverages for tarts of all fiqh or ilm, the true scope of this work may never really be truly said to be "known." At least, I find myself asking "Why was this written," after each and every foray into its pages.

A thorough examination of this masterpiece would not be complete without a discussion of the characters Chanilover so obviously engineered into his work. The juxtaposition of the trailer tart Kailea plays so well against the nubile innocence of Norma, that the enabler and instigator Erasmus is not even necessary. But Oh, how less rich would this work be with out him. Her. It. Whatever. And the transformation of Norma half way through the work into the enigmatic, and somewhat confusing, Chi-Chi, can only be compared to the flowering of a drunk after his first crack at going through a 12-step. And who could forget the conflict between Kaila, bottom hole of the French Republic, and Murbella, she who can kill with hairspray? Murbella teaches a lesson that humanity will remember in its bones.

If you have a chance to pick up this tome of literature, it is worth every cent that Chanilover is currently charging for it. I give it a 5 out of 5.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Ha! Too funny. :)
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I hope he writes another one soon. I think he was a little fed up after the last one though.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

CL, I think you should write another one. Look at the stats here. The Trannies of Dune threads are almost the most recent posted, and by far they have been the ones that get the most viewings. I think your public cries out for another installment.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I need to read Sandworms of Dune for inspiration, or maybe someone could give me an idea to run with. I found it easier to take the piss out of Seruna k'Anus's and Nebby's fanfic than to come up with any kind of ideas of my own.

All I've got so far are a couple of half page pieces of shit about Norma getting a face lift, Kailea being interviewed on Wallach IX for a job as an imprinter, and Hwi Noree and Norma swapping sex stories about Leto and Aurelius. I'll read Sandworms sometime in the New Year and see what happens.

I still prefer my worm stories, though.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe a daytime soap theme..."As the Worm Turns"?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:I need to read Sandworms of Dune for inspiration, or maybe someone could give me an idea to run with. I found it easier to take the piss out of Seruna k'Anus's and Nebby's fanfic than to come up with any kind of ideas of my own.

All I've got so far are a couple of half page pieces of shit about Norma getting a face lift, Kailea being interviewed on Wallach IX for a job as an imprinter, and Hwi Noree and Norma swapping sex stories about Leto and Aurelius. I'll read Sandworms sometime in the New Year and see what happens.

I still prefer my worm stories, though.
How about a piece where the Sloe Thing escapes and Kaila has to recapture it and put it back in his cage. You could do a first person narrative where she chases him through her dungeon while avoiding tossed balls of rolled up poop. Imagine how you could let her mind wander during the chase. And shes probably had much worse on her than Sloey's poop, so those things wouldn't bother her to much.

HoosierDaddy

Post by HoosierDaddy »

OMFG, that was hilarious! We need more of this stuff.

Return to “Book Reviews”