BSG guitar

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

BSG guitar

Post by Omphalos »

Here is something I'm pretty sure there will be limited demand for.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Re: BSG guitar

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Omphalos wrote:Here is something I'm pretty sure there will be limited demand for.
I saw that. I want it, but I wouldn't pay much money for it.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

i can't play guitar. Or afford that one. But I loves me some BSG. :D
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

These are the kind of things people look at in 10-15 years and ask "why?" :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:These are the kind of things people look at in 10-15 years and ask "why?" :)
More like, "what can I get on ebay for it now?

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

A Thing of Eternity

That price is actually pretty reasonable all things considered, assuming it doesn't go way up. A standard American Strat streets for about $1100 - $1200, and even though it's not actually master built (which would have it starting at probably $3000) the fact that it was customized by two master builders does put the price up a fair bit, signatures don't really add much if anything though. As a collector item it's probably priced about right at anything under 3K.

I wouldn't buy it though, I prefer a guitar I can play without looking like a goof (I would like one of those sans-paintjob though...)
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

What AToE said, a nice guitar messed up completely.

If you want an American classic you should go to the company who invented the electric guitar and get something like this.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

That's a bass guitar.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Omphalos wrote:That's a bass guitar.
\

:lol: :lol: :lol:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Yip, you’re right there. Or to be more exact it is a converted Rickenbacker 4000 Bass Guitar. :)
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

A Thing of Eternity

inhuien wrote:
Yip, you’re right there. Or to be more exact it is a converted Rickenbacker 4000 Bass Guitar. :)
I had a hunch that was the same inhuien I saw on some Rickenbacker forums! I'm saving pennies for a nice Ricky semi-hollow six string some day.

I was unaware however that they produced the first electric, are we counting the old jazz hollowbodies with the neck P/Us? Or are you talking solidbody? I was pretty sure Les Paul beat them there but I could be wrong....
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

It was a solid bodied guitar type thing dubbed the frying pan, It’s more of a lap/Hawaiian affair than what we'd think of as an electric guitar but close enough to prevent anyone else being granted a patent.

Image Image
And guilty as charged re ric.com & rrf, it’s a fair cop. Did you post there as well?

A Thing of Eternity

inhuien wrote:It was a solid bodied guitar type thing dubbed the frying pan, It’s more of a lap/Hawaiian affair than what we'd think of as an electric guitar but close enough to prevent anyone else being granted a patent.

Image Image
And guilty as charged re ric.com & rrf, it’s a fair cop. Did you post there as well?
Okay, I remember that guitar now, I'd forgotten that was by Rickenbacker (the pics aren't working for me though, I just remember the frying pan) - and no, I never posted there. After someone asked how to pronounce your name I figured I'd google it and see if it meant anything, T(A)U, Jacurutu and Rickenbacker sites where all that I found. Does it mean anything?
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Nope, not really. The only thing it means is I’m so unimaginative to still be using the same user name for the last… well forever .

Here are the links direct
http://www.rickenbacker.com/images/hs-patent.jpg
http://www.rickenbacker.com/images/hs-fryingpan.jpg

Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
A Thing of Eternity

Star Dust wrote:One word.

Creston

http://www.crestonguitars.com/gallery/index.php
They look like the usual Fender copies... are they of very high quality or have some kind of secret under them thar paint jobs?
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Star Dust wrote:One word.

Creston

http://www.crestonguitars.com/gallery/index.php
They look like the usual Fender copies... are they of very high quality or have some kind of secret under them thar paint jobs?
I like the colors. Seriously, I don't play anything. Wish I did, but I don't.
But, all my alt-country friends love these. They're custom made by this
dude in NY somewhere. Seems there's a waiting list if you want one. I
have no idea on price range, but I'm pretty sure you can expect to pay 2k,
give or take.

But like I said, I like the paint job. I mean, looking good has got to count, no? ;)
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================

Return to “General Chat”