I was a friend of UltraSpice, Dominos, Lisan and frybread...

Start topics here about Dune that are not bloody likely to be screwed with by me.
A Thing of Eternity

I was a friend of UltraSpice, Dominos, Lisan and frybread...

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Holy shit, what a massacre that just occurred at DN! Did I miss anyone who got banned? :shock:

Lisan Al-Gaib - what the hell did you do to get banned over there? I thought you were pretty civil.

Also, why did Frybread get the boot? Anyone see what sent Byron over the edge on him?

I was a friend of Ultra Spice - he brought great joy to my heart when he revived the FTL critique thread I had started over at DN. Byron was to chicken shit to debate it while I was there, but he was happy to spew rubbish once I was gone. Ultra also managed to beat it into Arnoldo's head that yes indeed; Norma did save all of humanity, which is a total diversion from Frank's themes. It was moving to see Arnoldo run out of bullshit arguments and slink away from the argument.

I was a friend of Dominos - he somehow managed to say exactly what I would have said to Byron in the FTL debate, and helped make a complete ass of him.

I have saved copies of the entire FTL debate, even the posts Byron has now deleted, and with Omphalos's blessing I would like to create a great memorial to Byron's ignorance in the Archives and Other Dead Things section of this site.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

That is a great idea, AToE. Go ahead and start it in that category, and if it gets a lot of attention I will start up a category for off-board archiving of threads. Thought I had one, but I cant find it now. Oh well.

I wonder why Lisan got the axe?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

Obviously I am not trying hard enough to get banned over there. ;)
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:That is a great idea, AToE. Go ahead and start it in that category, and if it gets a lot of attention I will start up a category for off-board archiving of threads. Thought I had one, but I cant find it now. Oh well.

I have a theory about Byron getting deletion/banning drunk sometimes. I've often seen him start by deleting a post which deserved it, but then he just goes on a rampage and even deletes posts which were positive. He deleted a post by me once when Freak and I complimented Arnoldo.

I can see why he deleted Ultra Spice and Dominos (must have looked at the IP records or something) but I have no idea what Lisan did. Was Frybread a sockpuppet or was he just a bystander that got caught up in the banning rampage?
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I did not yet look through that list that Lisan posted here the other day. Did it have any copyrighted materials in it?

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Star Dust wrote:Obviously I am not trying hard enough to get banned over there. ;)
lightweight! :P

A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:I did not yet look through that list that Lisan posted here the other day. Did it have any copyrighted materials in it?
Hmmm. I wonder if that's it. I did see him around at Jacurutu a few days back.
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

Omphalos wrote:
Star Dust wrote:Obviously I am not trying hard enough to get banned over there. ;)
lightweight! :P
But I have had at least half a dozen posts deleted, so I got that going for me. :D
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

too bad. i set up dominos and shared the user name and PW with a few people. my hope was that the style would keep changing and keep byron guessing :D:D

that's why i laughed at the word bedlam in the exerpt, cuz that was dominos PW
A Thing of Eternity

I sure had fun using the Dominos sockpuppet in the FTL thread. Good times. :D
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I did not yet look through that list that Lisan posted here the other day. Did it have any copyrighted materials in it?
Hmmm. I wonder if that's it. I did see him around at Jacurutu a few days back.
I have been thinking if is that too.

Well, my bad about open copyright material for everybody. But he knows i'm not american (I said that a lot of times), and that here in my country we dont have rules about copyright on-line materials.

i'm still thinking he could have sent me a messenger about that. He could have asked me to take out the post with copyright things.
Last edited by Lisan Al-Gaib on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

-from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Unless you have your tongue up the HLP's collective asses, Byron doesnt care enough to ask anymore.

Rakis

Re: I was a friend of UltraSpice, Dominos, Lisan and frybrea

Post by Rakis »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Holy shit, what a massacre that just occurred at DN! Did I miss anyone who got banned? :shock:

Lisan Al-Gaib - what the hell did you do to get banned over there? I thought you were pretty civil.

Also, why did Frybread get the boot? Anyone see what sent Byron over the edge on him?

I was a friend of Ultra Spice - he brought great joy to my heart when he revived the FTL critique thread I had started over at DN. Byron was to chicken shit to debate it while I was there, but he was happy to spew rubbish once I was gone. Ultra also managed to beat it into Arnoldo's head that yes indeed; Norma did save all of humanity, which is a total diversion from Frank's themes. It was moving to see Arnoldo run out of bullshit arguments and slink away from the argument.

I was a friend of Dominos - he somehow managed to say exactly what I would have said to Byron in the FTL debate, and helped make a complete ass of him.

I have saved copies of the entire FTL debate, even the posts Byron has now deleted, and with Omphalos's blessing I would like to create a great memorial to Byron's ignorance in the Archives and Other Dead Things section of this site.
Wow...that's a fucking purge... :shock:
Neutrinos watch alert !

Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Well, we don't call him Ole Dune "Pussy" for nothing.
Narf!
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm continually suprised to go there an not find myself banned.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm continually suprised to go there an not find myself banned.
its because you are always making great contributions over there :P

But i'll never read them anymore :evil:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:That is a great idea, AToE. Go ahead and start it in that category, and if it gets a lot of attention I will start up a category for off-board archiving of threads. Thought I had one, but I cant find it now. Oh well.

I found it. It's in the reading group catagory. Just move mine whereever you want it, I'm planning on doing a couple more, but I need a break. That first one took over two hours I think.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:

I found it. It's in the reading group catagory. Just move mine whereever you want it, I'm planning on doing a couple more, but I need a break. That first one took over two hours I think.
Wow, it was a really big discussion. And you copied and re-posted post by post! You have a great pacience!

It would be nice to save the Salusa Secundus topic too. It have a lot of nice quotes from the book proving the non-existence of a nuked salusa past.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm continually suprised to go there an not find myself banned.
I'm having a bit of deja vu thinking that I may have asked this before, but can any of you tell if my account has been banned? I'll never set foot in that place again to check, but I am kinda curious as to the status of my account. :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

All about The Player of Games

Total posts: 724 [1.68% of total / 0.96 posts per day]
Interests: Science fiction no?
:D
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Hehehe, there I was, or still am as it were. Gawd, that avatar stunk. It's so nice to be on a proper board here at T(A)U with real avatars.
So I guess there's no "status" feature on the software they are using? Or would it say "banned" if I was?

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:Hehehe, there I was, or still am as it were. Gawd, that avatar stunk. It's so nice to be on a proper board here at T(A)U with real avatars.
So I guess there's no "status" feature on the software they are using? Or would it say "banned" if I was?
You would have no entry on the membership page, your avatar would be deleted on the board, and you would have no post count. But your posts would still be visible on the board, and you would be marked as a "guest."

Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Omphalos wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Hehehe, there I was, or still am as it were. Gawd, that avatar stunk. It's so nice to be on a proper board here at T(A)U with real avatars.
You would have no entry on the membership page, your avatar would be deleted on the board, and you would have no post count. But your posts would still be visible on the board, and you would be marked as a "guest."
humm, now I understand why AToE was a "guest" at DN.
I wasnt believing that byron could have envited AToE to post there =P

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Ah, thank you Omphalos. That makes sense.

Well, I guess my account at Dumbnovels will stay up then. I thought that perhaps my status as a political moderate would be revoked ever since I started building my posters. But I guess not. Perhaps I need to be more dastardly :)

But in all honesty, I never really cared; the KJA/BH books suck, I said they sucked and that was really all I had to offer. I can't really dwell on that sort of stuff unless I've got something to do. Now I've actually found a fun way to bash those awful books using my "creative outlet". :)

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I have a theory about Byron getting deletion/banning drunk sometimes. I've often seen him start by deleting a post which deserved it, but then he just goes on a rampage and even deletes posts which were positive. He deleted a post by me once when Freak and I complimented Arnoldo.
This makes a lot of sense.

I have just cracked it at Byron by PM for deleting my thread criticising the Paul of Dune excerpt. This was one of many unjustified thread deletions including "I was a friend of AToE".

His answer pissed me off so much that I asked him to delete my account.

That place is just getting even worse lately.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SimonH wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I have a theory about Byron getting deletion/banning drunk sometimes. I've often seen him start by deleting a post which deserved it, but then he just goes on a rampage and even deletes posts which were positive. He deleted a post by me once when Freak and I complimented Arnoldo.

I have just cracked it at Byron by PM for deleting my thread criticising the Paul of Dune excerpt. This was one of many unjustified thread deletions including "I was a friend of AToE".

What was Byron's answer? Come on, man, share the bullshit ! :P
Neutrinos watch alert !

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Rakis wrote:
SimonH wrote:

What was Byron's answer? Come on, man, share the bullshit ! :P
I won't cut&paste the PM at the moment. See how I feel in the future :D

basically that OH's just hate the new authors and are just trying to discredit them by posting as many negative comments as possible. My reply was that I wasn't posting anything personal towards them, I was directly criticising the text. I am outraged by how bad that excerpt really is.

He sounds like George Bush saying "either you are with me or you are against me". I don't like being stereotyped. But then I think it is all just bullshit to try to divert attention away from the obviously obscene shit that makes up McDune.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

The true is: Without us at the DN forum, that will became a salad of "What your favorite house?", "Duncan is cute?", "Superman vs Norma",...

As I said to AToE, when byron finished the purge agaisnt every "negative member" he will see himself alone on his sand castle.

An din the end, he will see that it was us, the OH, that made the best topics, the best posts, the best discussions.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Everyone should just stop posting over there, sockpuppets included.

Let it die.

(Which means, let it become the abode of ass-kissers they seem to want it to be.)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

A Thing of Eternity

SimonH wrote: His answer pissed me off so much that I asked him to delete my account.
Looks like he followed through on your request :D
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.
:lol: does this mean that I can't even read it anymore? if so, great, I won't be tempted to go there
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Everyone should just stop posting over there, sockpuppets included.

Let it die.

(Which means, let it become the abode of ass-kissers they seem to want it to be.)
Agreed. Although it may be a bit hard to swallow, since I've already had my fun over there. :wink:

A Thing of Eternity

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Everyone should just stop posting over there, sockpuppets included.

Let it die.

Agreed. Although it may be a bit hard to swallow, since I've already had my fun over there. :wink:
I agree, I promise no more sockpuppets.

If I happen by DN and see something I must respond to I will copy it here and respond here so we can all laugh at whatever it was.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

It's like quiting smoking!

I need to be strapped down with a morphine drip. :(
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Dunenovels is dying on its arse. It's fairly active, but most of the people on there seem a bit dim.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:It's like quiting smoking!

Everytime you want to reply to something at DN, cut and paste it over to Jacurutu. Within a few weeks, volia!

Oh yea, and go post something truly vile at DN and get your ass banned. that helps a LOT!

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:It's like quiting smoking!

Everytime you want to reply to something at DN, cut and paste it over to Jacurutu. Within a few weeks, volia!

Oh yea, and go post something truly vile at DN and get your ass banned. that helps a LOT!
Hmmm...yeah, but it's not Freak's style to post something truly vile :wink: ...and i think Byron appreciates too much Freak's knowledge to actually ban him...Byron knows that if Freak is gone, anybody serious will leave too and his board will be left with the credential of a teletubbies fansite...
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I'm deriving a GREAT amount of pleasure at seeing just how shitty and low-level it has become over there.

Arny, Fanty, NudeFussBuster, Hype...it's a perfect abode of idiots now. :D

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote:Well, I'm deriving a GREAT amount of pleasure at seeing just how shitty and low-level it has become over there.

isn't it? :P

...without debate or actual thinking, it's like watching the Weather channel's hosts trying to do small talk with each other... :shock:
Neutrinos watch alert !

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Well, I'm deriving a GREAT amount of pleasure at seeing just how shitty and low-level it has become over there.

I'm OWNING the Olympics thread, they're all so badly informed and ignorant that they're actually making me look good. :lol:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

And NOW on BBS 1...

No users active over the past five minutes.

FantyAss: The spice prolonged life. Even the pope would do it. Well, you know what I mean.

OneEyedPantsUnicorn: the pope does not fear death!

BoredAdmin: I'm gonna vote for the world's sexiest athlete!

FantyAss: I was approached one time in Coconut Grove by a dude who said I look like the type that could play D&D. He took my beeper # and two weeks later I was beeped with a code 666. What is with this game? Is it evil? May I play? and don't forget the Dunerihuana

Simon: To the Dunemobile!!!

Awnowdo: The Mormons certainly believe the Jesus visited the tribes here in America or even that some of the native tribes are some of the lost tribes of Israel; however this seems highly unlikely at least according to any NT texts. ... In Hebrew, Philip's ability to jump across great distances would be known as Kefitzat Haderech ( ???????? ?????????) , or "shortening the path." A various times in the old testament people traveled great distances such as when Moses sent spies into the promised land or when Ezekiel was transported in a vision(?) from Babylon to Jerusalem.

GO DUNE NOVELS!!! :lol:

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:And NOW on BBS 1...

FantyAss: The spice prolonged life. Even the pope would do it. Well, you know what I mean.

FantyAss: I was approached one time in Coconut Grove by a dude who said I look like the type that could play D&D. He took my beeper # and two weeks later I was beeped with a code 666. What is with this game? Is it evil? May I play? and don't forget the Dunerihuana

Awnowdo: The Mormons certainly believe the Jesus visited the tribes here in America or even that some of the native tribes are some of the lost tribes of Israel; however this seems highly unlikely at least according to any NT texts. ... In Hebrew, Philip's ability to jump across great distances would be known as Kefitzat Haderech ( ???????? ?????????) , or "shortening the path." A various times in the old testament people traveled great distances such as when Moses sent spies into the promised land or when Ezekiel was transported in a vision(?) from Babylon to Jerusalem.

:lol: Arnoloco keeps using words like ad hoc, ad hominen and straw man. Internet debating has now become his vocation. After masturbating.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Thanks, Byron. :D

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:And NOW on BBS 1...

I nominate this post as an example of the reason I left DN :)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

It's pretty damned sad when arnoldo's posts read as the closest to intelligent, no?

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Lets not give credit where credit ain't due.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

The "closest to intelligent" among a bunch of blithering idiots is still pretty stupid. ;)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Oh. You mean "close to intelligent," like Paraguay is "close to the ocean."

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Or like Australia is close to Portugal, though what chigger means is further away than that; like Pluto is to the Sun.
"But if self-replication can be considered a life-form, then intelligence should be, too.
The real problem is that "life" is such an unscientific word" - Masamune Shirow
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Takes over five hours for LIGHT to travel the distance.

Yeah, that's the kinda "closest" I meant. :lol:

Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:Takes over five hours for LIGHT to travel the distance.

Yeah, that's the kinda "closest" I meant. :lol:
Excuse me while i laugh my ass off :lol:
"But if self-replication can be considered a life-form, then intelligence should be, too.
The real problem is that "life" is such an unscientific word" - Masamune Shirow
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Express yourself on the DUNE NOVELS DISCUSSION FORUM
Hey Byron, I think you should change that welcome phrase! :twisted:

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Nah, it's fine. He just needs to add the "BSP" fine print. :P

Return to “Dune Talk”