Battlestar Galactica season 4 (may contain spoilers)

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Mandy

Battlestar Galactica season 4 (may contain spoilers)

Post by Mandy »

OK Omph, I'm on the hunt for season 4 spoilers.

So far there's not much beyond episode titles and brief descriptions. grr.. the link to the info at sides express isn't working anymore. (none of this stuff is verified, but that's the nature of spoilers) OH and Razor was episode 1 & 2.

4.03 - He That Believeth In Me (Sounds like the title is referring to Baltar's little cult)

4.04 - Six of One (Casting sides say they are looking for a head Baltar)
One of the spoiler sources says:
the human-cylons are going to have a taste of their own medicine when the Centurion guards turn on the human-cylons. Can you say Cylon Civil war when bombs start exploding aboard cylon baseships
4.05 - The Ties That Bind (no info)

4.06 - Escape Velocity ( casting for a Gemenon representative, and various marines)

4.07 - Into the West (ok.. not sure about this title and have no more info on the episode... sides express doesn't have title)

4.08 - Faith ( this may be the episode that Nana Visitor appears in.)
Interview with Grace Park at TWoP
'Athena and the others are on board the 'Demetrius', which we've been jokingly calling a 'plop a drop ship', because it's an old sewage refinery ship', 'it's gritty, it's nasty, it's hot, everyone's sweaty, living in cramped quarters, and not at all happy. It's a small hand-picked crew that includes Helo, Anders and Athena as well as a couple of other familiar, as well as new characters, and they're on a mission that Admiral Adama okayed, but that has now gone on for longer than they expected'.
'In the previous episode, there are just two days left before our absolute final deadline where we have to meet back up with Galactica. Unfortunately, there is also dissension within the ranks. One of the team isn't ready to go home just yet. In fact, this individual wants to venture out further out in space and things get out of control. That's how episode seven ends, and when we come back in this one tensions are running high and the you-know-what really hits the fan. It's a great episode'
4.09 - no title yet and can't find any info

4.10 - IMDB has the title as Sine Qua Non but anyone can register there and add info.

Sorry that's all I've got right now. You can check out Spoiler TV if you like.. dial up keeps me from watching the clips :(

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

None of that sounds too exciting, does it? I was hoping that they would learn from last season when the show almost jumped the shark because they went off too much from the main story. Oh well. Ill still watch, but Ill be nervous now.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Yeah.. I've decided to lower my expectations (especially after so many duds in season 3) that way I won't be disappointed if season 4 sucks.

Found an interesting article from the Chicago Tribune (always a good source of BSG info). The first part of the interview with Ronald Moore is in regards to Razor, but the second half has some tidbits about season 4.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com ... -your.html

The episode titled Sin Qua Non is confirmed, as is The Ties That Bind.

I'll see what else I can find.. I'm sure there are more leaks that I haven't found yet. I just have to remember the name of a website I used to go to for reliable info... lol my brain's capacity to hang onto useless information isn't what it used to be.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Did you ever see those videos of The X Files where they gave you only the episodes where they were dealing with the aliens? Those were pretty good with all the unimportant crap pulled out. Maybe they will have to do that with this show. Though I did like the show Scar, which had like, zero to do with the Cylon threat.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I only watched The X Files on TV and gave up when the show started sucking. I did love the alien episodes.

OK.. well this is strange I don't know what the title of episode 11 is but 12 is called Revelations. BIG rumor - Roslin dies in episode 11.

Katee has let it slip that they find Earth kinda early in the season.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Well now that could make things interesting. It will change the show drastically for the crew to go from a cat-and-mouse mindset to a siege mentality, but Im thinking that maybe its time to end the chase anyway.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

My season 4 speculation - I'm thinking that the Cylon civil war will be near Earth and it will be fought between the pro human Cylons, the Cylons who want the humans dead, and maybe some Centurions who rebel against the human-Cylons.

I read something about "Guardians" and the ship of lights today, but I don't remember what the context was... coulda been fanwank.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:My season 4 speculation - I'm thinking that the Cylon civil war will be near Earth and it will be fought between the pro human Cylons, the Cylons who want the humans dead, and maybe some Centurions who rebel against the human-Cylons.

I read something about "Guardians" and the ship of lights today, but I don't remember what the context was... coulda been fanwank.
Ship of Lights? Wasn't that from the original series? Kind of stupid I recall, with the guy in the white viper pilot uniform?

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Yeah it was in TOS.. that's why I was thinking it was just fans talking. Unless they totally revamp the idea of the ship of lights and these guardians are in it, it would be pretty silly.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Yeah it was in TOS.. that's why I was thinking it was just fans talking. Unless they totally revamp the idea of the ship of lights and these guardians are in it, it would be pretty silly.
I thought that the Jewish mysticism that they incorporated into TOS was pretty well done. Then they went and did that and even as a kid I asked "WTF?"

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I just watched Razor over the holidays and it was quite good. It's nice to see some other stories in the second Cylon war. The creators did a fantastic job portraying the hardships and circumstances that lead to Admiral Cain's decisions and why the crew was so messed up. And poor Steve Bacic, always landing the role of the first officer who gets killed :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I watched only the broadcast version, and liked it. I hear that the DVD version is much better. Ill have to get it one day. I discussed it at my blog. Here's a link:

http://blog.solahpmo.com/?p=21

Ouch! Just looked at my blog on the work computer and see that big pic is really screwing things up. Dont have that problem at home. Is anyone else seeing a screwed up screen?

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I don't know what the differences would be between the broadcast and unrated versions of Razor. I believe the DVD has both and we watched the unrated version.

Your blog looks okay to me, but I'm not seeing a "big pic". I only see the blog header and then your article. I'm about to leave work for the day, so I'll look at it on my home computer as well.

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I sent you a link to the Razor article only. On the main page I posted a pic of a remainder marked book, and on this computer its so big it screws up the rest of the page. Not on my home moniotor though.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh, I see. It looks fine on my home system. No formatting problems at all. Sexy forearm hair by the way :) :P

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Thanks! I just had it styled and trimmed! Its so nice that you noticed!

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I knew it! You big flirt :)

So here's a good question: assuming the writers strike is resolved eventually (say, a month or so), when will the forth season eventually air? Will it be spring or will they have to just bump the show to the fall 2008-2009 season?

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:I knew it! You big flirt :)

So here's a good question: assuming the writers strike is resolved eventually (say, a month or so), when will the forth season eventually air? Will it be spring or will they have to just bump the show to the fall 2008-2009 season?
I would guess it would depend on how many they had in the can before the strike started. They have had enough time to get them all done, but Id hate to assume that they were all written.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I heard they had half the episodes already in the bag when the strike hit, but producers said they didn't want to air the season unless they could air the whole thing.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:I heard they had half the episodes already in the bag when the strike hit, but producers said they didn't want to air the season unless they could air the whole thing.
Why the hell not? That has never stopped them before? :lol:

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Smartass :) :P

They wanted to play it in the same season. If they went ahead prior to the strike, we'd get the first half of season 4 last fall in 2007 and we'd have to wait all the way until fall 2008 for the second half. That would suck :)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Everything I've read says that the fourth season will begin in April. So I'm hoping that is still true. What scares me is that RM keeps saying that if the writer's strike goes on they may not be able to finish the series at all. He said he may have to do a graphic novel or something similar.. he even mentioned finishing it on his blog just so the fans will know how it was supposed to end.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

That would suck beyond belief.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Have faith. J. Michael Straczynski feared having to do the exact same thing with Babylon 5 when it was in danger of being cancelled. But that series was completed. Here's hoping Battlestar Galactica (2004) enjoys similar good fortune.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

I like how The first Cylon War was WWII era, the Second is very much Vietnam/Iraq, I wonder what the final season will bring us?

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Sounds like transformation, from what the spoilers are saying. But I tell you, if the human looking Cylons side with us in a war against the tin-cans, that is going to be right out of left field. They have never ever built up for that, and is pretty much a 180 to the feelings that they have been fosterign for years now. I can say that I will like that if that is what happens. Besides, I think that the public is ready for a decisive victory. I think that is what we may get.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

If the final 5 Cylons are viewed as some type of godly beings they might be able to swing some of the other humanoid Cylon models over to their side. It wouldn't surprise me if the 8's, 3's and 6's came over to the humans... maybe the Leoban model too, but he's so kooky it's hard to tell.
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Knowing that they will have a full 22 episodes including Razor, maybe the writers can craft a solid run of episodes since they now have the end goal in sight.

Tigh did say that being revealed as a Cylon did not change who he was or what he has done, that to me shows that there will be discord among the Cylons in Season 4. I'm hoping for something totally out of left field in part because I'm not a fan of formula and I think the writers and actors could pull it off.

Rob
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

March 25 Season 3 will be released on DVD, six disks all 20 episodes. No splitting like they did with Season 2.

Rob
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

And the "About Bloody Time" award goes to...BSG Season Three DVD :)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Here's a season 4 preview.. I haven't seen it yet but I'm told it's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15Kp9tPubQ
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Cool. Katie Sakhoff says something in it about her character being a Cylon. I wont spoil it for you, Mandy.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannae wait till April 8)

Rob
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Very nice pictures. Lucy, Tricia and Grace in one shot = heart attack :) :P

Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

GamePlayer wrote:Very nice pictures. Lucy, Tricia and Grace in one shot = heart attack :) :P
Word to that. Too damn hot.....
13athroom

tonights the night

Post by 13athroom »

the premiere episode of season 4 is on right now if you are lucky enough to leech proper bandwidth to view it.

http://www.scifi.com/index.php

im only getting a preview at the moment, but sci fi claims that the episode is viewable as of noon california time TODAY.

get clicking of you cant wait for tonight.

edit:

seems that this may be only a one time live feed. sci fi still claims otherwise though.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36268
Kilroy was here
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

It was pretty good. Didn't completely "wow" me, but decent.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I loved it. I thought it was really well done.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Loved the set up, plenty of material to work with for season four. Being a two-parter I wish they had just aired it after instead of waiting.

Rob
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

A good episode and a fine opening to season 4. There was plenty of tense drama and the action was fantastic. The possibility that Starbuck is a Cylon is far too obvious to be true, IMO. The writers are just throwing out misdirection to set the viewer up for something else. I really liked Tigh's waking dream at command and control. It was very creepy. And dear Gaius; the guy has more harems than the entire (anime) genre :)

It's great to finally see BSG back in action. This was a fine way to get me into the final season.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I cant wait til Starbuck skrags her husband for being a Cylon.

Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

GamePlayer wrote:The possibility that Starbuck is a Cylon is far too obvious to be true, IMO.
I stated the same opinion about 60 seconds ago on another forum. :lol:
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Ompf
It's gonna happen. Or at least in some manner. It's the only way Kara can be made single again, thus allowing her and Lee to hook up :)

Liege-Killer
So in other words, you have nothing to add here whatsoever :)
LOL, just kidding. It's actually a popular theory. I've posted it and read it already posted on a few other boards.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I only saw the first couple of episodes until recently when SF channel had a mini-marathon. It's a great show, I don't see why they're canceling it.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

BSG is not being cancelled, Freak Z. Hard as it is to believe, this final season was a conscious decision by Moore and Co., a decision to tell a finite story with a proper beginning, middle and end. The creative staff behind BSG has worked hard to craft a tale that builds and they want to end it high on their terms, not have it linger on like some bloated self-important show for 8 or 9 seasons until it fades into irrelevancy (like nearly every other successful TV show).

This is one of the reasons I'm so hopeful for the show and so impressed with it. I want this to be a complete sci-fi tale with a strong finale. BSG is already the smartest, most provocative sci-fi television series to air in the last decade. Now it has a chance to show all those other television series that dragged on too long how a great show should be ended; to thunderous applause :)

Besides, the new show Caprica will basically fulfill the studio's need to milk their successful shows until it's bone dry and dead :)

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

That's good to know.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

WOW! :shock:

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hubba squared!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Someone has seen Revelations (season finale) and describes it in detail.. I'm not kidding, don't click the link if you don't want to know everything that happens :P

http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php/20 ... ed-review/
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Someone has seen Revelations (season finale) and describes it in detail.. I'm not kidding, don't click the link if you don't want to know everything that happens :P

http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php/20 ... ed-review/
Are you kidding me???? DAMN YOU MANDYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

:D

I stopped reading about halfway through! I've been avoiding spoilers this year, since it's the last season. I have enjoyed it much more not knowing everything that's going to happen.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I'm enjoying it too much to spoil myself. This finale season is kicking butt so far.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Damn you and your nipples to hell!!!!!!! I will not make with the clicky!!!!!!!

Rob
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Add me to the list of those who won't click. What I have clicked on though is a video about Starbuck and Tricia Helfer riding motorcycles and being into that. I also accidentally looked at Tricia's photo spread for Playboy on some website. :oops:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Billy says that he ain't the final Cylon. Fine with me.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I had no idea

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Really? I heard many rumblings about Singer's version, especially the controversy regarding Richard Hatch's version which got trumped because of Singer's pitch. Actually, a Singer version of BSG would have been really good and much better than some of the other projects he pursued.

I can't recall seeing any actual production work from the Singer BSG era, but it looked interesting. Having said that, I think Moore's BSG turned out great, even if it is a bit too much "of it's time" (mysterious, cliff hanger shows have been all the rage since 24). The type of issues Moore's BSG re-imagined dealt with and the honest attempt to elevate sci-fi on television to a more serious, adult status are benchmarks that would be tough to beat. I've certainly no problems with the Moore show so far.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I'm glad that version didn't make it. Sounds really cheesy.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:Billy says that he ain't the final Cylon. Fine with me.
That would have so frakkin boring if it was the case...
Neutrinos watch alert !

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Here is a blog article by some guy who claims to know someone who has come concrete evidence, or something. Anyway, the old man ain't on this list.

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

I'm betting on Admiral Adama...
Neutrinos watch alert !

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

So it's someone we know the voice but don't know the name ?

That was born as a child as a Cylon ?

What the Frak?
Neutrinos watch alert !

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:SCIFI.com has some vague clues http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/youwill ... ?pageid=10
Cryptic bullshit diversions. Assholes. But mark my words. The last clue will be a photo of the Galactica.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

BSG Simpsons

Post by Omphalos »

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Best-baby-toaster-ever... :)
Neutrinos watch alert !

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Universal is pulling a season 2 on us, splitting it into two halves. Season 4.0 goes on sale Jan 6, 09.

Rob
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:Universal is pulling a season 2 on us, splitting it into two halves. Season 4.0 goes on sale Jan 6, 09.

Rob
Just in time for Christmas.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”