T4....

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

T4....

Post by Omphalos »

....is sounding pretty cool.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

It sure does, one of the things that always bothered me about all the Terminator movies was the predictability of the outcome. Now I’m not saying that I bemoan the lack of neck breaking plot twists but we were told how the whole saga would end by the end of the first reel of the first film.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

They are filming near me as is Transformers 2 right now.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Liege-Killer

Re: T4....

Post by Liege-Killer »

Omphalos wrote:....is sounding pretty cool.
Going by that article, it doesn't sound very cool to me.

But I've never had high hopes for a T4 anyway. They lost me at T3, which was crap.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Robspierre wrote:They are filming near me as is Transformers 2 right now.

Rob
Down in Alamo or Oro Grande? Surely not up in the mountains. I think Transformer 2 was going to do some scenes on Fort Bliss, but I haven't heard for sure.
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Tleilax Master B wrote:

Rob
Down in Alamo or Oro Grande? Surely not up in the mountains. I think Transformer 2 was going to do some scenes on Fort Bliss, but I haven't heard for sure.
Alamo and Holloman which covers a broad range of acreage :wink:

Rob
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

Tleilax Master B wrote:

Rob
If they do em near Fort Bliss, I'll go check it out :P
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I'm with Liege-Killer on this one; I didn't like Terminator 3 at all. The only reason Terminator 3 was saved from critical/fan vivisection was its stubborn determination to remain just a nose above mediocre. But for a Terminator film, it was poor.

And damn Bale for getting in on this! His credibility is undermining my preconceived negative opinion of this third sequel. Well, that does it then. My only hope to save face at this point is to have Christian Bale meet with an unfortunate injury that prevents his involvement in these sequels I so fervently wish to despise. Don't worry Christian, I'll go easy on ya :) :P :lol:
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

T4 sounds interesting, but it should have been the storyline in T3, instead...can't wait for a 2032 story...T3 was ok...love the deleted scene when they explained the creation of the T800 with Arnold speaking with an accent from Texas or something... :lol:
Neutrinos watch alert !

orald

Post by orald »

Christian Bale is hawt. :)

Never watched anything after T2.
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

I'm awake! God help me, I'm awake!
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Here is more on this. Doesnt really say anything new, but I still am going to see this one in the theater.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Egads! I was so excited to see T4 with Christian Bale that I did not even notice who was directing the thing.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Who?

And WTF kind of name is that?

Let me guess...the "G" is short for "Stupid, Pretentious Ass"? :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
orald

Post by orald »

No, McGinty, appearantly.
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

I'm awake! God help me, I'm awake!
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

GamePlayer wrote:I'm with Liege-Killer on this one; I didn't like Terminator 3 at all. The only reason Terminator 3 was saved from critical/fan vivisection was its stubborn determination to remain just a nose above mediocre. But for a Terminator film, it was poor.

And damn Bale for getting in on this! His credibility is undermining my preconceived negative opinion of this third sequel. Well, that does it then. My only hope to save face at this point is to have Christian Bale meet with an unfortunate injury that prevents his involvement in these sequels I so fervently wish to despise. Don't worry Christian, I'll go easy on ya :) :P :lol:
What did you think of the Sarah Connor Chronicles? (I liked it).
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:Egads! I was so excited to see T4 with Christian Bale that I did not even notice who was directing the thing.
So besides the two Charlie's Angels, he made music videos/documentaries ? Hmmmm...are we about to see a dancing Terminator? :shock: All right, maybe not, but i'm afraid about the music being omnipresent in the film (Don't wanna hear Mr. Roboto)...
Neutrinos watch alert !

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Star Dust
I liked the bulletproof couch :)
Other than that, not so much.

Rakis
A sizable chunk of directors get their start in music videos and commercials. I agree in the case of McG, it's not a point in his favour, but legitimate talent does emerge from the pop music video scene. David Fincher (Se7en, Fight Club), Spike Jonze (Adaptation, Being John Malkovich) and Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) are just a few real talents that began in music videos.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Don't forget Michael Bay! :lol: Who did direct The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" video :twisted:

Rob
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:Don't forget Michael Bay! :lol: Who did direct The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" video :twisted:

Rob
How appropriate, considering everything else he has done is nothing more than masturbatory discharge.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well...thank you, Omph, that sums things up prettily for this early in the morning over the ole cuppah.

"Cream in your coffee?"

"Not often."
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
Robspierre wrote:Don't forget Michael Bay! :lol: Who did direct The Divinyls "I Touch Myself" video :twisted:

Rob
How appropriate, considering everything else he has done is nothing more than masturbatory discharge.
Expecting a comment by Orald any second now... :wink:
Neutrinos watch alert !

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”