Air-Wolf

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Air-Wolf

Post by Omphalos »

Oh, yeah!!!!

EDIT: Name fixed in title.
Last edited by Omphalos on Sat May 17, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Things like this remind me of uni, where we used to watch cheesy old 80s action films like Top Gun. I'd love to own that. I bought my b/f a helicopter flying lesson as one of his Christmas presents which is due in July. Think I might try it myself.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

I used to watch that show all the time.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Hmm.

Airwolf, right? Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine flying around doing do-gooder kinda things but with a righteous application of explosive missiles, right?

Nah...it just never worked for me.

I mean, my oldest memories of Borgnine are from McHale's Navy...twenty years earlier. :shock:

Anyway...what I want is one of those dragonfly thingies they make in Taiwan or Hong Kong that fly around your room on batteries. :D

(What are you going to do with a full-size helicopter replica, anyway? :? )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

SandChigger wrote:Hmm.

Airwolf, right? Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine flying around doing do-gooder kinda things but with a righteous application of explosive missiles, right?

Nah...it just never worked for me.
Hey what's wrong with missiles? :lol:

Anyway, I was a teenager at that time, so all those cheesy 80's action shows worked for me. The A-Team, The Master, that kinda thing.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Plus, it was Jan Michael Vincent's last hurrah before he descended into his personal Hell. I loved the show, and I thought it was canceled too early. I also loved the helicopter movie with Roy Scheider.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I loved Airwolf too. Jan Michael Vincent was hot :P
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Omphalos wrote:I also loved the helicopter movie with Roy Scheider.
Blue Thunder? I know I saw it, but don't remember any of it.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Blue Thunder. That was it. Advanced city helicopter warfare, with a warrior with an overblown conscience. It was pretty cool.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Nothing's wrong with missiles...I like to see things go BOOM as much as the next guy...but that show just didn't do it for me. :(
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

www.hulu.com

That website has saved me from boredom more times then I could count.

Return to “General Chat”