SG: U

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

SG: U

Post by Omphalos »

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2010/12/16/s ... -canceled/

Absolutely F, F, F SyFy and the bloated, roided up WWE wrestler that they rode in on. I am absolutely done with that goddam "network" for fucking good. Just like Fox, never again will I watch any Sf shows on your bullshit network.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Re: SG: U

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Tell us how you really feel!

Makes me glad I don't even have Syfy.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I think The Hack Twatted about this the other day.

Siffy: Think STD-Brain-Damageder! :D
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

That's sad, I really enjoyed SG:U. It was the only SG since the 1st movie that I dug. Christ even Atlantis got 5 seasons. :roll:
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I was completely UNinterested in Atlantis when it started, but ended up watching a lot of it just because there'd be nothing else on. The one episode of Universe I've seen, while back this year, looked much, much better.

Oh well. :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

A few of those mid-season episodes in season 1 (like 11-15 or so) were some of the best SF I've seen on TV yet. Were comperable IMHO with the BSG episodes "33" and "Flesh and Bone."
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I'm a season 2 BSG guy personally, I've got my girlfriend watching the whole show from start to finish with me right now, she actually is enjoying it which is surprising.

Season 1 has really good moments, but moments of utter garbage too (like when Starbuck figures out how to fly that cylon fighter... total crap). Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a season though. Season 2 is just harder to watch/deal with, sticks with you more somehow.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”