Battle: Los Angeles

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
SandChigger
Archivist

Battle: Los Angeles

Post by SandChigger »

Just watched the two trailers for this. Looks like adventure/splatter fun with alien machines!

Due out in March.

Oddly enough, it also looks to be based on an "It was UFOs, Billy Bob!" interpretation of the same WW II incident that that Skyline flick in the other thread was based on.

Heard anything?

(Has this been mentioned here or on Jacurutu? Searching didn't turn up anything here. :? )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Liege-Killer

Re: Battle: Los Angeles

Post by Liege-Killer »

More aliens who haven't figured out they can totally destroy us from orbit without any fuss.

Looks like fun, though.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Liege-Killer wrote:More aliens who haven't figured out they can totally destroy us from orbit without any fuss.
But where's the fun in that? :lol=:
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Omphalos wrote:
Liege-Killer wrote:More aliens who haven't figured out they can totally destroy us from orbit without any fuss.
But where's the fun in that? :lol=:
Exactly. It's great sport to come down to the surface and do it the old fashioned way. :D
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I love when the plot dictates that the aliens need our brains or something to eat. They can travel FTL, but they can't grow some potatoes? Gimmie a break. Anyone with that kind of tech could set up house on pretty much any planet/moon with some decent sunlight and get growing (forget terraforming, just build airtight greenhouses).
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:They can travel FTL, but they can't grow some potatoes?
:lol: You just reminded me of Marilyn in the Aliens forum over on Amazon: when asked why the ships of these super-advanced aliens who can whoooosh across the galaxy (or through inter-dimensional wormholes) seem to crash so often, she claims it's because the Earth's magnetic field or atmospheric composition has changed since the last time they visited. Or it's because the Earth is a "water world" and those are rare, so the aliens are unfamiliar with our dense atmosphere and can't compensate.

:doh:

Wingnut logic... I LOVE it! :dance: :lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

They always have answers though.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I hate it when people have to use BS. I mean, I get it - sometimes you end up realizing way later that a key element of your story isn't rock solid, so you have a choice, either you go back and make it good, even if that means a rewrite of the entire thing, or you leave it as crap and then try to argue like a jackass later.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Yep. And it doesn't help if you've been eating moon squid sashimi for years and washing it down with the purple cool-aid. (Marilyn's been pretty quiet this week. I bet she's writing another of her eighth-grade level "research" papers. :lol: )

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”