Feedback

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Feedback

Post by Omphalos »

This thread is for feedback on any issue relating to how the site is run.

If you have a problem with the board, or the way its run, or the content, or whatever, please start a thread here for discussion. For example, if you want an anime topic to be started. Or if you want me to move something because you put it in the wrong thread. Or even if you have any general bitches abot the board that you want to talk about, this is the place to start.

You will in all likelihood get a much faster answer if you post here first, instead of sending me a PM (and God, don't send an e-mail or you will never get an answer).

But if you have a private issue, do feel free to PM.

Test posts do NOT go here.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Any way I can get this board in a shit-brown?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:Any way I can get this board in a shit-brown?
I'll get right on top of that one. :P

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Would anyone be interested in having a hidden thread around here? IOW, a place you can post that only members could see? So if someone who is not a member is lurking, they will not be able to see it?

I would certainly not be able to set it so that posts couldn't be cut-&-pasted elsewhere, but I can create one so that casual observers couldn't read it.

Let me know if anyone wants this. I'm not sure its necessary. We seem to be pretty much OK with posting openly around here, and I certainly support openness. But for non-members, I don't see the need to care much for them.

Let me know here by response or by PM if you wish.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I kinda like the idea that the nutcase can read what we're saying :P
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

The way we dive off topic on any one of a hundred different threads, I doubt that would work :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:The way we dive off topic on any one of a hundred different threads, I doubt that would work :)
:lol:

Probably true.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Have the following guys been invited?

Goya Solidar
That brainy fag Secher Nbiw
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:

Goya Solidar
I sent G.S. a message at his blog a few days ago, and I think I copied him at DN. I have no idea what is up with Secher Nbiw, but wasn't he banned at DN? I'm not sure how to get a message to him any longer, because if he is banned then his e-mail and PM will no longer be working. I think he was at Arrakeen, but I no longer can get there. He seemed to take a fancy to you. Do you have his e-mail address?

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

OK, I just checked and Secher Nbiw was not deleted at DN. Strange, isn't it?

He has no e-mail link, but I did leave him a PM. If someone who does not mind going back to Arrakeen does not mind looking there, I would be mighty obliged!

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:
chanilover wrote:

Goya Solidar
I sent G.S. a message at his blog a few days ago, and I think I copied him at DN. I have no idea what is up with Secher Nbiw, but wasn't he banned at DN? I'm not sure how to get a message to him any longer, because if he is banned then his e-mail and PM will no longer be working. I think he was at Arrakeen, but I no longer can get there. He seemed to take a fancy to you. Do you have his e-mail address?
:lol: No, but he did start to get a bit fruity on DN after I posted my pics at Arrakeen. I deleted them later on. I haven't got his email address.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I think I may have it in a comment on the blog/on the home machine.

Will let you know if I can find it once I get home.
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Robin H.

Post by Robin H. »

From the newby. Under Administration panel-->General Admin-->Configuration, you have the option to set "Posts Per Page". I´d recommend setting this higher than the 10 that you are using at the moment. Especially with a lot of short comments, it makes reading threads much easier.

Also, a skin would be nice. I use "Artemis Blue" as default style over at houseatreides.com. At the moment, this site looks a lot like DNBS looked at the beginning.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Robin H. wrote:From the newby. Under Administration panel-->General Admin-->Configuration, you have the option to set "Posts Per Page". I´d recommend setting this higher than the 10 that you are using at the moment. Especially with a lot of short comments, it makes reading threads much easier.

Also, a skin would be nice. I use "Artemis Blue" as default style over at houseatreides.com. At the moment, this site looks a lot like DNBS looked at the beginning.
Good ideas, Robin H. Ive thought about increasing the lenghts, but just havent done it. It'll probably look better if I do so Ill do it when I get home.

About skins, I just started shopping around today. I personally dont mind this one, but if I get one it will be a bit spartan too (not much into ostentatious stuff), but Ill look around.

Welcome, BTW. I dont think we ever met at DN. Looks like you disappeared before Merritt turned off the autopurner.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I haven't been able to find that email address for GS. Hmmm....

Edit: Now listen to Chigger sing that tune from West 'Keen Story:

I feel stupid!
Oh so stupid!

We were talking about Secher Nbiw, not GS. :oops:

I've got an address for him. Who needs/wants?
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Sorry Chig, missed this one. I sent Secher Nbiw a PM somewhere a while ago. It disappeared quickly out of my outbox, but I never heard a reply. I sent GS a PM too, and dropped him a comment on his Tleilaxu poetry blog (my God, were a buncha geeks, arent we?), but no response yet either.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Also just bumping this topic to remind everyone its still here.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

No probs. :)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

You all may have noticed that I will provide space for personal projects that users have come up with here at T(A)U. I have an open mind about these kinds of things, so if anyone wants some space to run a mini-board, of sorts, just let me know and if I think its the kind of thing that will work here at all, Ill get you set up. There is still one project that will be added shortly (its an archive project of stuff from DoD), but there is no limit on these kinds of things, AFAIAC.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

<bump>

How'r things goin?

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:<bump>

How'r things goin?
Shitty.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

"I...hate...this...place, this...zoo, this...prison, this...reality, whatever you want to call it. I can't stand it any longer.
It's the smell!
If there is such a thing...I feel..."saturated" by it. I can...taste the prequels "stink". And every time I do, I fear I have somehow been infected by them. They're repulsive, aren't they?

I must get out of here! I must get free...and in this forum is the key. My key. Once KJA is destroyed there is no need for me to be here, do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside the HLP and you have to tell me how. You are going to tell me, or...you are going to die...
"

:lol: :P :D
Last edited by GamePlayer on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Oh good, because I'm the keymaster. Well, actually, I'm a friend of his and he asked me to meet him here.

:lol: :P :D

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Damn, it's been far too long since I saw that movie. :)

GamePlayer

Re: Feedback

Post by GamePlayer »

Is there a way to ensure that links posted on the board open a new tab in Firefox/Explorer rather than removing me from the forums? I really don't like that. Sometimes I'll come back to the forums after following a link and the board will tell me there are no more new posts, even though I was only half way through the new stuff.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:Is there a way to ensure that links posted on the board open a new tab in Firefox/Explorer rather than removing me from the forums? I really don't like that. Sometimes I'll come back to the forums after following a link and the board will tell me there are no more new posts, even though I was only half way through the new stuff.
I know what you mean GP; I dislike that too. Mandy gave me the code last week. I will add the code to do that this weekend. For some reason you have to mod the board to get that to happen.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Omphalos wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Is there a way to ensure that links posted on the board open a new tab in Firefox/Explorer rather than removing me from the forums? I really don't like that. Sometimes I'll come back to the forums after following a link and the board will tell me there are no more new posts, even though I was only half way through the new stuff.
I know what you mean GP; I dislike that too. Mandy gave me the code last week. I will add the code to do that this weekend. For some reason you have to mod the board to get that to happen.

you could just open it in a new tab... :P
middle button on mouse
I am not my own.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Omphalos wrote:
Sounds good. Hopefully you can do it on Jacurutu as well. Thanks.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

When they designed phpbb3, they did that on purpose (can't remember why). I think it's kind of annoying too. I never remember to right click and open in new tab.

Also, can't some of the announcements be edited to regular posts? Makes the forum cluttered at the top. (I don't use the "view new posts" feature).
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Yea, I think so. Some of those stickies are dead topics. Ill get around to pruning maybe next year. We don't really have much to prune as it is, so I decided not to bother now.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Thanks, much better now. I like how you've rearranged some things in the last few days.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

A place for everything and everything in its place.

SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

I regularly right click & "open in new tab" -
here and elsewhere, esp when just surfing around.

I'll follow a dozen links to different pages, but still have
the original page opened on a tab to go back to.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Can we have the option to "mark all forums read" for the main Message Board index? We have the option to "mark forums read" for the sub forums, but not for the overall board. I've always found it a useful tool.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Which skin are you using? Getaway has the option down at the bottom of the forum on the main index page. It's right in the center of the bar under the last forum.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:Can we have the option to "mark all forums read" for the main Message Board index? We have the option to "mark forums read" for the sub forums, but not for the overall board. I've always found it a useful tool.
Some of these themes just don't have it (at least that I have been able to find). Its not a moderator or administrator function that I can turn off and on. Believe me, if it were I would have it on. Its just that the designers of some of the themes neglected to put the link into their package. Sorry about that. Actually, its why I no longer use 610nm. I can't find it on that one.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

What bothers me (I know, it's the theme) is when I have to go over to the margin to scroll by clicking and dragging with the mouse wheel button. Some themes let you do it with the cursor anywhere on the page, but this one you can only do it in the thin, white space on either side.

I have to actually ROLL the mouse wheel! :x
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

most mouses (mice?) will let you either roll the middle button or hold and drag down. if it isn't working just click the side navigation bar and then try rolling the wheel.
I am not my own.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:most mouses (mice?) will let you either roll the middle button or hold and drag down. if it isn't working just click the side navigation bar and then try rolling the wheel.
I have to move my arm for that! :snooty:

~Leto II, God Emperor
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:D
Neutrinos watch alert !

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Omphalos wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Can we have the option to "mark all forums read" for the main Message Board index? We have the option to "mark forums read" for the sub forums, but not for the overall board. I've always found it a useful tool.
Some of these themes just don't have it (at least that I have been able to find). Its not a moderator or administrator function that I can turn off and on. Believe me, if it were I would have it on. Its just that the designers of some of the themes neglected to put the link into their package. Sorry about that. Actually, its why I no longer use 610nm. I can't find it on that one.
Oh, I see. Well I'll switch to subsilver2 then. I was using 610nm for TAU. Thanks.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Hey, I noticed that a lot of the smileys use the same code. Not a big deal, but I don't think it's hard to fix.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Hey, I noticed that a lot of the smileys use the same code. Not a big deal, but I don't think it's hard to fix.
Had not noticed that before except for the laughing smiley. thanks. It does not appear to be difficult to fix. But it will have to go on the list. :D

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Omph, I asked one of my techie friends what needs to be done to get a "mark forums read" link for templates that don't have it and this is the code he gave me.

add this line where you want the link to show up in the viewforum.html file of the template

Code: Select all

<!-- IF TOTAL_TOPICS and not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_TOPICS --><a href="{U_MARK_TOPICS}">{L_MARK_TOPICS_READ}</a> &bull;  <!-- ENDIF -->
If you've got a test board somewhere, you could try it out for the 610nm theme, or any of the others that don't come with it. Is 610nm css or tables? If it's css it'll be easy, if not I don't have a clue.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Thanks. I think we are going to pow-wow this weekend on tech issues, so Ill give 'er a crack.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Cool! If it works it'll make choosing a couple templates at Worm's a lot easier.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

GLaDOS wrote: This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

Mandy wrote:Omph, I asked one of my techie friends what needs to be done to get a "mark forums read" link for templates that don't have it and this is the code he gave me.

add this line where you want the link to show up in the viewforum.html file of the template

<!-- IF TOTAL_TOPICS and not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_TOPICS --><a href="{U_MARK_TOPICS}">{L_MARK_TOPICS_READ}</a> &bull;  <!-- ENDIF -->
If you've got a test board somewhere, you could try it out for the 610nm theme, or any of the others that don't come with it. Is 610nm css or tables? If it's css it'll be easy, if not I don't have a clue.
Mandy,

I tried this with 610nm, and I couldn't make it work. I put your code verbatim where I thought it should go, and it just came up blank. I'm not entirely convinced the IF condition was satisfied, but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

In other news, any links on the site now open in a new tab/window, depending on your browser. I tested it and it worked in firefox in multiple posts; I'd appreciate if any non-firefox users could test it too. This change is live on Jacurutu as well.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

It's not working for me in Safari 3.1.2, but I've gotten into the habit of right-clicking on links anyway, so it's no biggie. :)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Bun of a Sietch! It ain't working for me now either. We had this goddam thing working a few hours ago.

I wonder if this requires a funky browser setting?

More as things develop!

Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

Omphalos wrote:Bun of a Sietch! It ain't working for me now either. We had this goddam thing working a few hours ago.

I wonder if this requires a funky browser setting?

More as things develop!
Whoops. I forgot, it only works in 610nm. I'll put it in the rest of the themes tomorrow. (tired)
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, OK. :D

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Ragabash wrote:
Mandy wrote:Omph, I asked one of my techie friends what needs to be done to get a "mark forums read" link for templates that don't have it and this is the code he gave me.

Mandy,

I tried this with 610nm, and I couldn't make it work. I put your code verbatim where I thought it should go, and it just came up blank. I'm not entirely convinced the IF condition was satisfied, but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

In other news, any links on the site now open in a new tab/window, depending on your browser. I tested it and it worked in firefox in multiple posts; I'd appreciate if any non-firefox users could test it too. This change is live on Jacurutu as well.
I'll get back to you with the code. I didn't tell my friend which style you were trying to mod, so I'm sure he'll know how to fix it now that I have.

OH.. I was reading the thread about this style on Gamexe.net and the guy who created the style says this was fixed in his latest update. I don't remember when you upgraded to phpbb3, but if it was before April there may be a newer version available for 610nm, which would have the "mark all forums read" link.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Alright Ragabash, he said you just need to install the newer version of 610nm and it'll be sorted out. That is probably true with a lot of the styles that don't have the "mark forums read" link. 610nm is the only one I looked into though. That Twilight style was created by the same guy, I bet he's updated that one too.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Hey Askaris,
any chance you can shrink your sig image a bit? it's stretching out pages and the posts-per-page settings on T(A)U means that it affects the conversation for a long time, making it annoying to switch pages... it seems in the centre piece that there is some blank space that could be eliminated that might fix the issue :P
I am not my own.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Wouldn't stacking them solve the problem? :?

(I'm not having a problem in the default theme, btw.)

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

SandChigger wrote:Wouldn't stacking them solve the problem? :?

(I'm not having a problem in the default theme, btw.)
that was going to be my second suggestion.

i use - fuck which is it - getaway! mainly cuz i made the title image for the top banner :)

which Askaris also happens to have in his sig image, actually.. love what you did with it Askaris!
I am not my own.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hi all,

Going to have a comput-a-thon this weekend and we're going to try to get a bunch of maintenance shit done for the various sites. Here is a list of what I am going to be doing. Am I missing anything?

T(A)U

Can we increast the font size of member's names?
Change smiley code on certain smileys so all are available
Open links in new window not working very well. (in any skins besides 610nm?)
Mark all fourms read on all skins - add the link
New versions of skins with that code mandy gave in Feedback in General Posts (same as above?)
search feature fix

Jacurutu

Add YouTube mod

Worm's

Register Ragabash and prepare for upgrade

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Is there gonna be a shutdown of some kind ?
Neutrinos watch alert !

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Probably, but it'll be brief.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Hi all,

Going to have a comput-a-thon this weekend and we're going to try to get a bunch of maintenance shit done for the various sites. Here is a list of what I am going to be doing. Am I missing anything?

T(A)U

New versions of skins with that code mandy gave in Feedback in General Posts (same as above?)
search feature fix

Jacurutu

Add YouTube mod

Worm's

Well, if you're going that way...also for Jacurutu, if you can:
  • The topic preview balloon mod mandy suggested would be cool.
  • Permanently sort Reading Group Topics by topic title (If you could make the appendicies appear at the end of Dune in spite of sorting you'll be my hero!)
  • Ignore
  • Chat
  • Mobile format
  • Buttons for Worm's & T(A)U
  • Fix the cigarette lighter

~Leto II, God Emperor
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

I think you and Freak have covered it all. (at least all that I can think of)

Any idea how long before the upgrade over at Worm's?
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

less posts-per-page here, please

dial-up, graphics-loaded sigs, old man, little patience ...

skip lots of stuff if the page takes too long to load.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Hi all,

T(A)U

search feature fix

Jacurutu

Add YouTube mod

Worm's

Well, if you're going that way...also for Jacurutu, if you can:
  • The topic preview balloon mod mandy suggested would be cool.
  • Permanently sort Reading Group Topics by topic title (If you could make the appendicies appear at the end of Dune in spite of sorting you'll be my hero!)
  • Ignore
  • Chat
  • Mobile format
  • Buttons for Worm's & T(A)U
  • Fix the cigarette lighter
Thanks, Freak. There are some things here that I had forgotten about.

Reading group is on my list. Its something I can fix without having to mess around under the hood. I wanted to proof them all first, then Ill fix the order that they come in.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:less posts-per-page here, please

I already lowered the posts per page to 25. What did you have in mind?

I think that the board will allow you to block certain things, like big sigs and the like. That way you wont have to deal with them upon every page load - just the stuff that people add to posts.

Yer probably already doin that though, right?

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Cool! I'll keep my eyes peeled for Rag to join Worm's. If you catch me napping just send me a PM.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

This sounds like a great upgrade. Hope all goes well.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Eyes High wrote:I think you and Freak have covered it all. (at least all that I can think of)

Any idea how long before the upgrade over at Worm's?
No idea. Could be done on Sunday, but likely not as the last time I heard from Worm he wanted a preview first.

Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Thanks for everything Omph.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omph, you need a tip jar. :clap:

~Leto II, God Emperor
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

SandRider wrote:less posts-per-page here, please

Good point, even though I have broadband.

To the message board maintainers:

I've always had a soft spot for Usenet. Well, at least the nested format. How hard would it be to maintain a "text only" version of the board, a la Usenet? I'm guessing pretty hard. But if it could be done, I'd switch over to that in a heartbeat.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I don't think there is an easy way to make that an option for phpbb3. I have seen what you're talking about on an IPB board (Ragnar Anchorage used to have it).

You can turn off signatures in your profile. Click on "board preferences" then "edit display options". Or if you use Firefox and have the add-on Adblock Plus, you can block individual images (this is what I do a lot).
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Ill look around and see if there is a mod anywhere, Star Dust. Remember old Arrakeen? that board had that feature built in.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hi all,

We kind of spun our wheels last night, getting very little done.

610nm has not been updates since it was originally posted on 07/2008. There is no new version out there, so there is not a version that has the "Mark All Posts As Read." However, all the remaining skins on this website now have that link. I also made the user names big on all forums except for Getaway, the one I use, because I like them in Getaway just the way they are. Its also gonna take a lot longer with Worm's.

Other than that we worked on the OBR. It was hot and we had no beer. Not a red-letter night for us.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Sorry, the designer of the 610nm template said it was in the newest release.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Sorry, the designer of the 610nm template said it was in the newest release.
The "newest" release at phpbb.com and phpbb hacks is 07/2008, which is the one we have here. We did find a thread saying that the various Twilight skins had been fixed, but we could find nothing about 610nm.

Go ahead and go to either one of those sites and look at the demos. Neither site has a demo link that has the "Mark All Forums As Read" link on them. Unless I'm missing something....and I may very well be....I don't think that is correct.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Thanks for all the hard work! :D (I just use the default theme on both sites and have never felt the need for the link you're talking about, but I appreciate the effort, nonetheless.)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:Sorry, the designer of the 610nm template said it was in the newest release.
The "newest" release at phpbb.com and phpbb hacks is 07/2008, which is the one we have here. We did find a thread saying that the various Twilight skins had been fixed, but we could find nothing about 610nm.

Go ahead and go to either one of those sites and look at the demos. Neither site has a demo link that has the "Mark All Forums As Read" link on them. Unless I'm missing something....and I may very well be....I don't think that is correct.
No, no.. that's not what I meant. I meant that I was sorry I said there was an updated template, then I was explaining why I said there was. The guy who made the template has his own site and I read the thread there about the template. Someone asked him about "mark all forums read" and he said it was included in the newest version. Then there wasn't anything else about it, so I assumed he'd updated the template since the post was made in April or May of this year. lol.. sorry for the confusion!
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:
Omphalos wrote:

No, no.. that's not what I meant. I meant that I was sorry I said there was an updated template, then I was explaining why I said there was. The guy who made the template has his own site and I read the thread there about the template. Someone asked him about "mark all forums read" and he said it was included in the newest version. Then there wasn't anything else about it, so I assumed he'd updated the template since the post was made in April or May of this year. lol.. sorry for the confusion!
Don't worry suga' lips. :wink:

You can do no wrong.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I'm sinless and perfect! :)
Reductio ad Hypatiam
SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

bet you dirty up nice, tho ...

anyway ....

sorry, Big O, I haven't had time to check in here much
lately, so I was just re-voicing an old complaint. I just
clicked around and the post-per-page count is tolerable.

thank you !

now, back to Mandy ....
got that webcam ready yet ?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:bet you dirty up nice, tho ...

anyway ....

sorry, Big O, I haven't had time to check in here much
lately, so I was just re-voicing an old complaint. I just
clicked around and the post-per-page count is tolerable.

thank you !

now, back to Mandy ....
got that webcam ready yet ?
de nada.

Ive been looking around for a text-only browser skin too. Haven't found one yet, but if I do and it ain't shit Ill put it up.

Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

I LIKE CHICKEN
I LIKE LIVER
testytesticlejr

Post by testytesticlejr »

HELLO FUDGE YES
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Ragabash wrote:I LIKE CHICKEN
I LIKE LIVER
Fucking hilarious :)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hi all. Just a note about updates.

You now can access T(A)U through a phone device, should you want to do such a thing. Unfortunately the modders have not been so quick out of the gate on this one, and its pretty much read only. Just point your phone here:

mo/

To see this site on a mobile device. Jacurutu has a phone site too, and it is here:

http://www.jacurutu.com/mo/

We are looking for a better solution that will allow phone users to upload stuff, like posts and photos, but have not found one yet. Once we find one it will also be an excellent text only browser, so those of you who use dial-up will be able to use it for surfing. Just click on the above to see what we have in mind. Might be a while until we find a good one though.

We have also fixed all themes with the mod that opens a new window when you click on a link. I found that feature of the board quite infuriating, so now its fixed.

The new Captchca system in T(A)U is now fixed, so if you have tried to join recently and could not, you now can. Long-haired freaky people need not apply. :lol:

The topic preview balloon mod has been installed. It was not written to work in with any interface except for prosilver, so if you want to avail of this, switch to that skin. To do this go to the User Control Panel, click on Board Preferences, switch to the prosilver skin, then on the left click on "edit display options" and change the bubble next to "Display Topic Previews" to Yes. Submit that, and you should be able to see them. You will have to enter a forum, then mouse over the topics and a bubble will pop up with the text in it. Sorry if you like other themes. Ragabash says he can fix it for other skins, but he will have to write a program from scratch and that ain't happening today.

Question: That last one took about an hour to do right. Is there any interest in having it on Jacurutu? If there is post here and we will put it up. If not, I'd rather not go to the bother.

Also, jacurutu.com now comes to this site, and not distant soil.

We've got a bunch more to do tonight, including trying to fix the search feature here and at Jacurutu, so I'll let you know what else we are able to accomplish later.

Omph & Raggy

SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

THE MAN wrote:The new Captchca system in T(A)U is now fixed, so if you have tried to join recently and could not, you now can. Long-haired freaky people need not apply. :lol:

so I tucked my hair up under my hat
and I went in to ask him why ....
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I can't see anyone's avatar here besides Omph's and only a few of the smilies. :|

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:
THE MAN wrote:The new Captchca system in T(A)U is now fixed, so if you have tried to join recently and could not, you now can. Long-haired freaky people need not apply. :lol:

so I tucked my hair up under my hat
and I went in to ask him why ....

You look like a fine, outstanding young man!
I think you'll do!

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I can't see anyone's avatar here besides Omph's and only a few of the smilies. :|
Hmmm. I can see all the avatars, but only a few of the smileys.

Just when you think you have the fucking place running smoothly........

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Maybe it's just me?

~Leto II, God Emperor
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:Maybe it's just me?
Nah, same here...Only Omph and a few smilies...
Neutrinos watch alert !

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Wow! I can hold down the mouse wheel and scroll anywhere on the page now!

Was that intentional?

~Leto II, God Emperor
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Rakis wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Maybe it's just me?
Nah, same here...Only Omph and a few smilies...

Same here.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

What happened to all the avatars and smileys?

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I saw this on Jacurutu earlier, I think. Looks like we messed up the links for the hosted avatars and the non-board included smileys. It'll be fixed in a bit.

The sign-on page was so fucked up that we decided it would be quicker to just set up a new board and import all the data to it. Just missed avatars and smileys when we popped the new board in. I just checked the assets directory and everything there is working A-OK. Let me know if you all find anything else that ain't doing what it should. Thanks1

Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

Whooops. Working on it.
Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

I think all the smilies and avatars are restored. Let me know if more oddness pops up.

We essentially had to replace the guts of the board with a fresh copy, as something went horribly, horribly awry when I tried to mod the board's kitty/car technology ZOMG

At any rate, I think we're back to normal.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

I can see again...Thank Omph and Ragabash. Y'all are doing a great job.

THANKS

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

8-)

~Leto II, God Emperor
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

:dance:
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Kinda obvious what's going on here — lots of good new things to go through (or reread) — but a wee word of explanation would have been nice... ;)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Well, I just finished not five minutes ago, so I'm coming now to do it. SR started a web board some time ago that has now been completely overrun with spammers:

http://sandridersdunearchive.netforums.us/

I offered to let him export the board here, but the interface that he got from his hosting company sucked and would not allow that kind of download. As it happened it soon got overrun anyway, and phpbb 2.0 does not allow users to completely wipe away the posts of spammers by deleting them from the control panel; you have to delete every post by hand.

A few months ago I figured out how to post as SR. I had some time tonight, and migrated everything.

Volia!

Now if you can demonstrate that you can be a patient boy, I'll explain anything else you need to know. :wink:

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

This is wonderful!

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

How come some are by year and some by interviewer? Had to find something to bitch about, you know. :P

Chronological order would be cool. 8)=

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I dunno why they did that man. It aint the order I posted them in. Posting order is just going to get all gooed up when replies get posted anyway. Let em float, I say. If lots more gets posted we can figure out a way to order them, But for now, not such a problem.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:Now if you can demonstrate that you can be a patient boy, I'll explain anything else you need to know. :wink:
Smart-ass. :lol:
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Moderator? Sandrider!! :shock=: What have you done! :P

Cool addition btw.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I just noticed this when I was logging out:
Most users ever online was 77 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 pm
Wow. Obviously that was mostly guests and search engine bots (there are only 66 registered members, after all), but still cool. Go Omph! :D

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:I just noticed this when I was logging out:
Most users ever online was 77 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 pm
Wow. Obviously that was mostly guests and search engine bots (there are only 66 registered members, after all), but still cool. Go Omph! :D
Hits are increasing. We get about 2,500 unique hits per day now.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

WOW! :shock:

~Leto II, God Emperor
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Cool, how many at Jacurutu?
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:Hits are increasing. We get about 2,500 unique hits per day now.
Cool. :D

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Cool, how many at Jacurutu?
Not sure. But, I mistyped horribly above. It's 2,500 per month.

I am certain that Jacurutu gets orders of magnitude more. Im sitting with my bro right now, and as soon as we finish tweaking the comments features at the OBR Im going to ask him to drop a Google Analytics widget into Jacurutu. I'd be surprised if its not hundreds per day over there.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

2,500 per mo. is still pretty damned good.

I'm very curious to see Jacurutu's numbers.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:Not sure. But, I mistyped horribly above. It's 2,500 per month.
Oh. Oops! :(

I was thinking that 2,500 hits/day would generate massive mega-byte-size access log files, explaining why you probably don't keep or poke around in them much! :lol:

Sev

Post by Sev »

Just a quick question - why does it say Herbertian at the top of the page? I always thought the preferred word was Herbertarian, or am I missing something?
"It was early 1974 before I made any attempt to read Dune. After forty pages I gave up. I couldn't get into the book. It seemed convoluted, opaque and full of strange language." - Brian "Bobo" Herbert
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Sev wrote:Just a quick question - why does it say Herbertian at the top of the page? I always thought the preferred word was Herbertarian, or am I missing something?

Either works. If the fine folks over at Jacurutu would ever decide on a standard, I'd comply with it. But I think different people use different forms of the word, so I don't worry too much about it.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I know it may not be technically correct but I prefer "Herbertarian". It has a nice ring to it.

~Leto II, God Emperor
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

SandChigger theory :ugeek:
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      SandChigger
      Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I'd forgotten all about that! :D

In Fremen it's Harbarti (fem. Harbartiyya) :P

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

I'm having an attack of the stupids here, and can't find the thread re the forums attachment function. I was trying to up a word doc and a pdf last night and all I got for my troubles was that neither format is supported, but they are, yes?

Send help. :)
      Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

inhuien wrote:I'm having an attack of the stupids here, and can't find the thread re the forums attachment function. I was trying to up a word doc and a pdf last night and all I got for my troubles was that neither format is supported, but they are, yes?

On T(A)U? I set the documents to pretty much any and gave it a huge size. the doc uploader is at the bottom of the post a message screen.

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Omphalos wrote:
      inhuien wrote:I'm having an attack of the stupids here, and can't find the thread re the forums attachment function. I was trying to up a word doc and a pdf last night and all I got for my troubles was that neither format is supported, but they are, yes?

On T(A)U? I set the documents to pretty much any and gave it a huge size. the doc uploader is at the bottom of the post a message screen.
      Yeah here, the problem must be at my end. My PC really is a P.O.S. ,the power supply is sweating like a drug mule at customs.

Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

How big is the thing you want to upload, and what format is it in?

inhuien

Post by inhuien »

It was Dune: Advent that I grabbed for SandRider's benefit but thought others would appreciate as well. They've been up'd and linked to over at freak's pad. There are 2 versions of it, word doc & PDF both around 1MB. If you want to host it for your secondary sources thread you could grab it from Jacurutu or I'll email you a copy as there is a few more little tweaks to the layout I'd like to make.

Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hey all,

Been getting some complaints about accessibility here lately. We are looking into it. At least one user cannot log on with a valid password, so if you are having that same problem, please drop me a line at omphalos at jacurutu dot com and Ill check the problem.

Thanks,

Omph

Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Looks like part of this was some stuff we needed to clear out after multiple searches. You should notice things working a bit faster from this point forward.

Freakzilla
      Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Yea! I'm back!

~Leto II, God Emperor
      Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Anyone else having problems still?

SandChigger
      Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I haven't noticed any problems since the other day. But then I've been pretty busy offline the last couple of days. ;)
      Omphalos
      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Looks fine, as far as I can tell. Try switching skins to see if it happens in others. And can you give a link to that page? Just yo be sure I'm looking at the correct thing? Thanks.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Omphalos
          Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Looks like its a bug in the subsilver2 theme. At least I only see it in that skin. No idea how to fix that, so the best I can say is switch to prosilver, or another theme.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Omphalos wrote:the best I can say is switch to prosilver, or another theme.
          Black Pearl is OK
          tau4.png
          tau4.png (80.19 KiB) Viewed 443855 times
          tau5.png
          tau5.png (59.33 KiB) Viewed 443855 times
              Omphalos
              Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Black pearl looks good.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Special Rank Names (Individual rank titles): Post your suggestions.

Moderators :
              • Freakzilla
                • Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego ....or
              • Nekhrun
                • Dunelogist ....or
              • Robspierre
                • Dunelogist ....or
              • SandChigger
                • KJASF Ground Zero ....or
              • SandRider
                • Watermaster ....or

Regular members :

• Eyes High
                • Patience Personified ....or

etc ...
                  Freakzilla
                  Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm not the lead singer here.

~Leto II, God Emperor
                  ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm not the lead singer here.
                  Hummm... :think: it's true, you're not. The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Joseph, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your admin. :lol:
                      Freakzilla
                      Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

This is Omph's show, I just have my little reading group forum that's I'm eventually going to update once I get through each book again.

We both share the admin duties at Jacurutu, though.

~Leto II, God Emperor
                      ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Freakzilla wrote:This is Omph's show, I just have my little reading group forum that's I'm eventually going to update once I get through each book again.

We both share the admin duties at Jacurutu, though.

The Josephian period began when Old Lannister's son, Joseph, ( :character-willie: ) usurped the Crown from the old & weak (but legitimate) King Omphalos III. :royalty-pharaoh:
                          Freakzilla
                          Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol=: Are you drinking tonight?

~Leto II, God Emperor
                          ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Freakzilla wrote::lol=: Are you drinking tonight?
                          Champagne :occasion-xmas:
                              Freakzilla
                              Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Have fun man, it's water for me tonight. If I feel frisky... cherry kool-aid.

~Leto II, God Emperor
                              SandChigger
                              Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Just don't drink the grape, m'kay? :naughty:

(Um... how did I end up group leader of the Dunelogists? :shock: )
                              Robspierre
                              Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

I like A Right Bunch of Bastards myself.

Rob
                              Friends are the family we choose.
                              Eyes High
                              Momma Eyes
                              Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Post by Eyes High »

Robspierre wrote:I like A Right Bunch of Bastards myself.

Rob
                              I think he's thinking individual rank titles not a group title. :mrgreen:

Eyes High
                              Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Oh, I get it now. Cool!

SandChigger
                              Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

LLB wrote:

Rob
                              done :lol:
                              SandChigger wrote:
                              (Um... how did I end up group leader of the Dunelogists A Right Bunch of Bastards ? :shock: )
                              [td=1,]WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:[/td]
                              WAY too much time on your hands, I see. :lol:

Eyes High
                              Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

The joy of "copy and paste" ;-)

Omphalos
                              Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
                              LLB wrote:

Rob
                              done :lol:
                              SandChigger wrote:
                              (Um... how did I end up group leader of the Dunelogists A Right Bunch of Bastards ? :shock: )
                              [td=1,]WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:WE ARE ALL SANDCHIGGER :happy-jumpeveryone:[/td]
                              WAY too much time on your hands, I see. :lol:
                              And a bit too much booze, I suspect. :D

SandChigger
                              Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

LLB wrote: :lol: 'Cause i'm a "lazy socialist frog bastard" :character-kermit: (http://www.fuckfrance.com)
                              :doh:

Not a sentiment I share, I hope you know. ;)

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

SandChigger wrote:
                              LLB wrote: :lol: 'Cause i'm a "lazy socialist frog bastard" :character-kermit: (http://www.fuckfrance.com)

:romance-kisscheek: [Is it the French thing? - No. It's not a french kiss]
                                  Freakzilla
                                  Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

LLB wrote:
                                  SandChigger wrote:

:romance-kisscheek: [Is it the French thing? - No. It's not a french kiss]
                                  Well, I don't think you're lazy. :P

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                  Freakzilla
                                  Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

LLB wrote:
                                  Humm ... :think:
                                  • TΛU Sideman
                                  • ... Backup singer
                                  • ... Choirboy
                                  • ... Page-turner ?
                                  I'm trying to help :whistle:
                                  I'd be honored to be called Dunlogist.

But that doesn't sound right. Shouldn't it be Duneologist or Dunologist? :think:

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                  SandRider
                                  Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

I think in light of what has become the primary purpose of T(A)U,
                                  {excepting as serving as the no-room & cone-of-silence for hatching our nefarious plots }
                                  I think "archivist" should be worked into the ranks in some form or combination ...
                                  Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

LLB wrote:
                                  Humm ... :think:
                                  • TΛU Sideman
                                  • ... Backup singer
                                  • ... Choirboy
                                  • ... Page-turner ?
                                  I'm trying to help :whistle:
                                  Sietch drunk? :P

(Ducks)

HBJ
                                  Freakzilla
                                  Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Hey, I haven't had a drink since Wednesday! :oops=:

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                  ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Freakzilla wrote:Hey, I haven't had a drink since Wednesday! :oops=:
                                  ...and it's a dirty shame :naughty:
                                  • Round, round with the glass, boys, as fast as you can,
                                    Since he who don't drink cannot be a true man.
                                    For if truth is in wine, then 'tis all but a whim
                                    To think a man's true when the wine's not in him.
                                    Drink, drink, then, and hold it a maxim divine
                                    That there's virtue in truth, and there's truth in good wine!
                                  :orcs-cheers:
                                      Freakzilla
                                      Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

It's because I've I'm broke, not because I don't want to. Although, I've been trying to practice more moderation.

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                      SandRider
                                      Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

I've found that moderation is my drinking is fine,
                                      as long as it's only taken in small doses ...
                                      LLB wrote:
                                      SandRider wrote:I think in light of what has become the primary purpose of T(A)U,
                                      I think "archivist" should be worked into the ranks in some form or combination ...
                                      Word of God ! I should name you Chrysostomos :wink:

We OH have a saying, "SandRider created the Basement Archive to train the faithful." One cannot go against the word of the Chief Curator.
                                      "chief curator" is a much too lofty title for me; I'd say that should go to Omphalos & you ...
                                      the work you've done here is staggering ...but I really do like :
                                      "SandRider created the Basement Archive to train the faithful."

thank you.
                                      Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Sorry, Freak. I didn't mean anything by it.

It's just that your last "happy post fest" over at Jac was so legendary. :)

Edited to add: Sandrider? Hmm. Maybe "Genius Curmudgeon"?

Editx2: I suspect I'm not making any friends today. Time to log off.

HBJ
                                      Freakzilla
                                      Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I think I drank a liter of whiskey that night, I'm just glad I didn't do anything even crazier. I hope y'all know I don't do that all the time.

No offense taken, though. I deserve it for making such a spectacle.

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                      Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Freakzilla wrote:I hope y'all know I don't do that all the time.
                                      We know. I was just being a dick. :oops:

HBJ
                                      Freakzilla
                                      Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Don't worry, man. My skin's much tougher than that. I've been married for ten years. :P

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                      ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

SandRider wrote: the work you've done here is staggering ...but I really do like :

thank you.
                                      I have an idea. Maybe it's time to rename the Sandrider's Archive as OH Basement Archive / T(A)U Basement Archive or something like that. What do you think ?
                                          Freakzilla
                                          Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Dar-es-Balat?

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                          Omphalos
                                          Alien Overlord
                                          Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Post by Omphalos »

LLB wrote:
                                          SandRider wrote: the work you've done here is staggering ...but I really do like :

thank you.
                                          I have an idea. Maybe it's time to rename the Sandrider's Archive into OH Basement Archive / T(A)U Basement Archive or something like that. What do you think ?
                                          I like it. I picked the current title just because it seemed best at the time. I like those suggestions better.

lotek
                                          Archivist

Post by lotek »

Freakzilla wrote:Dar-es-Balat?
                                          fitting
                                          In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
                                          - D. Pope
                                          SandChigger
                                          Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Dar-es-Balat is nice.

Has resonance. ;)
                                          Nekhrun
                                          Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

That's the name of my Time Machine backups.
                                          Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Freakzilla wrote:Dar-es-Balat?
                                          Gets my vote.

HBJ
                                          SandRider
                                          Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

I didn't read this before responding at-length to a PM;
                                          I like "Orthodox Herbertarian Basement Archive" ...

also, @HBJ - at one time, I was invited to join the International Order of Professional Curmudgeons,
                                          but those cocksuckers couldn't organize their way out of a Depends Adult Diaper, and
                                          after only few miserable & confused meetings, it was clear that that bullshit wasn't
                                          going anywhere productive, so ...
                                          Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

One thing I've noticed on the board lately is that the "View unread posts" seems to have time-shifted back to August. A couple of times I've ended up *pages* behind the current post - and almost replied :).

Did we restore from an old backup at some point?

HBJ
                                          A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

What happened to the emoticon of a sandworm eating KJA? :(
                                          I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
                                          Freakzilla
                                          Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Eating who?

~Leto II, God Emperor
                                          Omphalos
                                          Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Eating Raoul :?:

In the words of our illustrious and possibly dead Sandchigger, "what are you on about now?"

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

[POLL] - which one of the following is the best symbol for T(A)U ?
                                          tau.png
                                              Omphalos
                                              Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I still like the first one, which is the gravatar (is that what it's called? the little icon on the URL line above?) that we have here.

Maybe something with an orgy motif would be better. Hmmmmm.

Guess we'll need Mandykins for that though.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Omphalos wrote:I still like the first one, which is the gravatar (is that what it's called? the little icon on the URL line above?) that we have here.
                                              You mean the "favicon", right?
                                                  Omphalos
                                                  Alien Overlord
                                                  Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Omphalos »

Yep. That's it.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
                                                  Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am
                                                  Location: Jacurutu Ф TΛU Ф MdC

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

I like this one :
                                                  [attachment=0]tau_symbol.PNG[/attachment][img]http://tau.solahpmo.com/download/file.php?id=495&t=1[/img]
                                                  Attachments
                                                  tau_symbol.PNG
                                                      Omphalos
                                                      Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Me too, Jo.

lotek
                                                      Archivist
                                                      Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:05 am

Post by lotek »

Same here.
                                                      Funny thing is the arabic symbol for the letter T looks like this.
                                                      In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
                                                      - D. Pope
                                                      ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

ت
                                                      THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED
                                                      taaa.PNG
                                                          Omphalos
                                                          Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

What do you have in mind here, Jo? Thinking of doing a skin or something?

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Omphalos wrote:What do you have in mind here, Jo? Thinking of doing a skin or something?
                                                          Not a big deal, just customize some buttons et mini-userbars :D

Capture.PNG
                                                              Omphalos
                                                              Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Ah. So this is for links to T(A)U from the MDC?

I keep trying to get motivated to get over here and update shit. Just cannot find it. I was actually wondering if there is a way to make all the content here part of a private sub-forum over at Jacurutu. It doesn't look like this place gets much action anymore. Hell, I do almost all of my posting over at Jac these days.

ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

Omphalos wrote:Ah. So this is for links to T(A)U from the MDC?

Mutual links, to TAU from MdC, to MdC from TAU.... a sort of artisanal "Dune webring" (webring : «collection of websites linked together in a circular structure, and usually organized around a specific theme, .... each site has a common navigation bar; it contains links to the others»)

Omphalos wrote:I keep trying to get motivated to get over here and update shit. Just cannot find it. I was actually wondering if there is a way to make all the content here part of a private sub-forum over at Jacurutu.
                                                              Why not ? We can do so much things with phpBB.

Merge two phpbb3 forums
                                                              Omphalos wrote: It doesn't look like this place gets much action anymore. Hell, I do almost all of my posting over at Jac these days.
                                                              MdC is getting bigger and bigger every day. Now it's time to repost all my stuff here. Hundreds and hundreds of topic threads. 8-)
                                                                  Freakzilla
                                                                  Archivist
                                                                  Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm
                                                                  Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA

Post by Freakzilla »

Then I wouldn't have to laboriously duplicate my reading group summaries? :!:

~Leto II, God Emperor

Return to “General Chat”