Hunter's Prey

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Hunter's Prey

Post by Omphalos »

Another one right out of the blue. My gut is that it be a sucky knock off of Enemy Mine.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Weird. Kinda interesting but I'm not sure about this one. I'd have to see more.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:roll:

I always have to do that when I see alien planetscapes with enormous moons hanging in the sky. Little things like Roche limits, massive ocean and land tides, crustal melting from excessive heating caused by the latter of the preceding...you know, that kinda stuff sorta bothers me. ;)

Plus something about the alien's helmet (I assume that's what's on his...its left shoulder? Please don't tell me it's the skull of a fallen comrade and he's out for revenge :roll: ) bothers me.

Yep, looks like an Enemy Mine remake. (sigh)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

GamePlayer wrote:Weird. Kinda interesting but I'm not sure about this one. I'd have to see more.
Ditto. Looks more like a 10 millions dollars movie, we'll see...
Neutrinos watch alert !

Himachil

Re: Hunter's Prey

Post by Himachil »

Looks cheap as hell... but I actually quite like the look of this one though. :P
And that, children, is how the little bunny rabbit got his fluffy white tail.

As a minimum, we must demand from SF that it be wiser than the world it speaks to.
--Darko Suvin; On the Poetics of the Science Fiction Genre
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Neat Star Wars costumes. :P

Actually, this might be a fun one to mock and throw popcorn at. I'd watch it on my movie channels.

I'm cheap that way. :)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

It does look low budget...

Reminds me of the scenes where R2-D2 got trap by the...er...not the ewoks, but those little guys with the shiny eyes... :)
Neutrinos watch alert !

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Rakis wrote:It does look low budget...

Reminds me of the scenes where R2-D2 got trap by the...er...not the ewoks, but those little guys with the shiny eyes... :)
oh you mean lucas' version of the fremen? :P
I am not my own.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Baraka Bryan wrote:

Yeah, that's it !

The Fredwarfs!

(Gonna have to look at wiki for the name of the little bastards... :think: )
Neutrinos watch alert !

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:

Yeah, that's it !

The Fredwarfs!

aren't they ewoks? meh i dont really care for star wars anyways :P
I am not my own.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:

Yeah, that's it !

The Fredwarfs!

No,no...in Episode 1...the ones who get burn to the ground by the Empire when they search for the droids...
Neutrinos watch alert !

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:

Yeah, that's it !

The Fredwarfs!

No,no...in Episode 1...the ones who get burn to the ground by the Empire when they search for the droids...
ya i have the right scene in my mind, just not the name... as i said, i dont really care for star wars and it's been years since i've seen it :P

edit to add from wiki:

Jawa
In the fictional Star Wars, the Jawas are a pygmy and rodentlike race inhabiting the desert planet Tatooine. They are a hardworking people that work as scavengers and tinkerers. They are entirely covered in brown cloaks and their glowing yellow eyes are the only body parts visible. They use vast Sandcrawlers as transports in the desert world. These sandcrawlers can house a family unit as well as store cargo that they have collected on their journeys. Most Jawas belong to clans. Half of the clan work in the sandcrawlers while the other half live in desert fortresses in remote areas. These fortresses have high walls made from large chunks of old wrecked spaceships for protection against Tusken Raiders and krayt dragons. They also serve as a home for the rest of the Jawa clan which store the wealth gathered by the other family unit in the sandcrawlers. They appear in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as enemies using Grenades and a Laser Pickaxe. They are usually 1m to 1.5m tall (between three and five feet). Jawas are not as short as they appear to be, because in actuality they are taller than Master Yoda, Jedi Master.[9]
I am not my own.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

As soon as that trailer started my mind started wandering; seconds after it was over, I had forgotten everything in it. Not really a good sign for the movie.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Liege-Killer wrote:As soon as that trailer started my mind started wandering; seconds after it was over, I had forgotten everything in it. Not really a good sign for the movie.
It's never a good sign when a trailer shows you the same scene over and over, but from different angles... :naughty:
Neutrinos watch alert !

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”