SandChigger
Archivist

SyFy Channel?

Post by SandChigger »

Stupyd.

Ydyotyc.

Gymmycky bullshyt.

WTF next? :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

TV sucks anyway. It's on the outs. Internet programming is where it's going to go. Let them name their stupid channel whatever the hell their focus-group-branding-scheme-demographic-expansion bullshit tells them to.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

They bought the name from SyFy Portal because they wanted a name they could own and SciFi is already generic.

I don't care what they call their channel, I just wish they had some decent science fiction programs. Right now it's all really bad movies, wrestling, and ghost shit.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Silly Funny Channel? Sounds about right.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

with battlestar over, i have no reason to tune in.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Nice to see we're all basically on the same page. ;)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Still, what change over there could make things worse? :lol:
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

KJA Presents BattleStar Hacklactica, a revisionism of Fred Herbert's Dune, set in the Battlestar Universe. With Macaulay Caulkin as Edward james Olmos as Duncan Adama.

3 part, no FOUR Part miniseries! Coming Soon!
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

Didn't he already write that ? The Butlerian Jihad or something ?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh yeah, this has disaster written all over it :)

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0725350/
Ad Agency Says It Wasn't To Blame For SyFy Rebranding

27 March 2009 2:37 AM, PDT

With the Sci-Fi Channel being lampooned for its decision to change its name to SyFy -- a slew of syphilis jokes have arisen over the rebranding -- the advertising agency representing the channel took the extraordinary step Thursday of distancing itself from the name-change call. Ken Runkel, executive director of Landor Associates, the branding firm hired by Sci Fi, told today's (Friday) New York Post, "Yes, we worked with the Sci-fi Channel, and it hired us to consult on the project. However, SyFy was a name generated internally and pretested at the channel before our involvement."
LOL! Granted, the Ad Agency isn't "taking blame" as far as the quote is concerned, but Landor Associates is clearly declaring the ridiculous name change is the work of Sci-Fi Channel, not themselves. I can't blame them :)

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

So it's looking more and more like the "bright idea" of some dipshit channel exec. (Or whatever PC-addled thing he's fucking?) :roll:

Reminds me I started but didn't finish a blog post dissecting the "Why I'm OK with the name change" reasons in a blog by that Paul Levinson I mentioned a while back.

Feh.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

You should go with it. There's still plenty of mileage in this mess. :)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I was holding back a bit after "The Resnick Affair"; how many "big names" do I really want to piss off? :P

But after hearing/reading his "Chani kidnapped by bad guys" mistake in that podcast/essay, I knew he's not infallible. ;)

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Short for syphilis ? :lol:

" You not only can see crap, but you can also catch some..."
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Crap or Clap? :shock:

Wakarimashita!

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”