Saint Patrick's Day

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Saint Patrick's Day

Post by Eyes High »

Any one here celebrate this holy day? If so, why and how?

Any favorite or funny stories about this day that you would be willing to share?
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I pass up no opportunities to drink.

But St. Patrick's Day holds no particular significance for me.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I don't go out on amature night.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

It's two days before my Birthday so I always do a little bit of something, kinds blends in with my b-day though, and I'm not much for occasions in the first place.

My girlfriend likes it because she dresses up our halloween skeleton that we hang on our apartment door to match whatever holiday is actually happening. So far it has a santa suit, and she made a cupid costume for it for valentines day, hopefully she can get it a nice green suit with a beer mug or something for St. Patricks day.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

GREEN BEER! BREEN GEAR! BEAN GREER!

:shock:

Nah. Wouldn't have even remembered if Eyes High hadn't posted. :P

When I lived in Tsukuba some of us used to go out with our Green Dye No. 6 (or whatever) and do a pub crawl, ordering one big mug at each place and putting in the coloring, much to the consternation of the staff and customers at each fine establishment....

But that were many a year ago, when I had more sense. :lol:

(Ooh! Eternal's getting OLD! :D )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^ Man, you was born old :P :)
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I was, you know.

Me mum told me when I was a wee thing they used to call me "Old Man" on account of the way I moaned and groaned and was obviously bitching about the misery of it all even before I could talk.

I were a psychological Benjamin Button! :P
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Right up there with Easter on my list of useless, meaningless holidays.

Green stuff and beer, rabbits and eggs and resurrected dead guys?

Nah, I'll pass. Give me July 4th or Memorial Day anytime, those are real holidays that celebrate something meaningful.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I've never celebrated it as a holy day, I have been drunk a few times on St Patrick's day.
Reductio ad Hypatiam
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Liege-Killer wrote:Right up there with Easter on my list of useless, meaningless holidays.

Green stuff and beer, rabbits and eggs and resurrected dead guys?

Nah, I'll pass. Give me July 4th or Memorial Day anytime, those are real holidays that celebrate something meaningful.
4th July is meaningless to anyone outside the US. Just a bunch of terrorists overthrowing the legimate authority of the country, oops, I mean a bunch of freedom fighters throwing off the tyranny of the oppressor. :lol:

Easter is a great holiday - we get Good Friday and Easter Monday off work in the UK.

Yeah, I get pissed up on Paddy's day. My dad's Irish so that gives me good reason.
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

chanilover wrote:4th July is meaningless to anyone outside the US. Just a bunch of terrorists overthrowing the legimate authority of the country, oops, I mean a bunch of freedom fighters throwing off the tyranny of the oppressor. :lol:
Either way, worth celebrating. :lol:
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

I'm with Omph, no amateur night for me.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone.

And thank you to all those who replied to my inquiry.

Y'all have a nice day, take care, and be careful.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

i'm gonna celebrate tonight with some innis&gunn special edition (matured in rum bottles) :D
I am not my own.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:i'm gonna celebrate tonight with some innis&gunn special edition (matured in rum bottles) :D
That stuff is AMAZING. Man, now I want some... but I have class tonight...
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:i'm gonna celebrate tonight with some innis&gunn special edition (matured in rum bottles) :D

i know. the regular stuff matured in whisky barrels is great and then i learned of the rum cask edition and had to buy it. $5 a bottle, but definitely worth it. 107 day creation process; 1 evening of bliss. :D
I am not my own.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:

i know. the regular stuff matured in whisky barrels is great and then i learned of the rum cask edition and had to buy it. $5 a bottle, but definitely worth it. 107 day creation process; 1 evening of bliss. :D
I'm not sure which one I've had, I think just the whisky version. It was about that price though (then again I'm in BC where liquor costs an arm and a leg...)
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

Baraka Bryan wrote:

I'm not sure which one I've had, I think just the whisky version. It was about that price though (then again I'm in BC where liquor costs an arm and a leg...)
ok... the whisky version is 3.50 in Ontario and the limited edition rum stuff was 4.95.
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/ProductRes ... EM_NUMBER=
http://www.innisandgunn.com/thebeer_newproducts.htm
I am not my own.
A Thing of Eternity

I really can't remember... I'll just have to go buy more. :D

Return to “General Chat”