Board Crashing Party

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Board Crashing Party

Post by Eyes High »

Ok, where is everyone. Is Friday, time for the party to begin. Who's bringing the cake?
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: Board Crashing Party

Post by Omphalos »

Eyes High wrote:Ok, where is everyone. Is Friday, time for the party to begin. Who's bringing the cake?
No new members today. Oh well. Either my captchca is too hard to figure out, people are tired of the crashes, or I'm just too much of an a-hole for people to bother. (no need to vote on that one, folks!)

Who knows though. We shall see what happens.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

It's still a bit early!

I will be here off and on (as usual), the winds are pretty bad here today because of Fay, the bitch! Hopefully my connection won't go out... but I had a hard time getting online till now.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:It's still a bit early!

I will be here off and on (as usual), the winds are pretty bad here today because of Fay, the bitch! Hopefully my connection won't go out... but I had a hard time getting online till now.
So you are riding everything out? What kind of preparations have you all made?

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

We bought a few gallons of water, and filled up all the ice chests with water. Mostly that's just in case the power goes out, since we have a private well. We haven't ever evacuated because of a storm, most of them miss us by miles, and we're a pretty good ways inland.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Back when I lived in the mid-Atlantic region we would go stock up on bread, milk and toilet paper whenever storms came, because you never knew when the shelves would be restocked afterwards. We were on a private well too. My dad and I rigged a 20 gallon glass jar that could be filled before calamity struck.

SpacemanSpiff

Post by SpacemanSpiff »

CRASH!!!!!!
Dont mind me just crashing through!
Mahnmut

Post by Mahnmut »

Crash, Oh I loved that movie, what, that's not the crash were talking about? Never mind.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Hiya, howaay'all, whass'appenin'?

Sorry...I got home kinda late last night and just crashed.

And it being generally shiteful weather over here again today, I spent the morning reading and snoozing in bed. :D

1:00 in the afton and I've had me a blueberry bagel (couldn't be fooked to actually go outside and get any of the real berries off the bush for accent) and am slurping high-octane coffee. Got a Basso Nova party at a friend's to go to tonight.

No, I have no idea what that means, either. But I'm taking a bottle of Cachaça, a bag of limes and some brown sugar, so I KNOW I'm having fun whatever it is. :P

Board crashing, huh? Ahahahaha! Banzai!
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

My boy's birthday party is tomorrow. His actual birthday has passed, but his little friends were all out of town on vacation, so we put it off. This year for the girl and the boy we had a party starting at 10 am with coffee and bagels for the adults and plenty of running space for the kiddos. Tomorrow should be great. I have my bottle of Irish for the coffee, and nothing that requires my attention past, say, 1pm. I'm going to have fun and play some baseball with the kids.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I'm off to the Notting Hill Carnival this weekend. Time for some rice and peas with curried goat. Yum.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Well, I'll try to crash some tomorrow but I have church in the morning and a babyshower in the evening so Spiff might have to do my share of the crashing.

Have fun Mon Amis.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I spent most of the day at the hospital, my grandma had her gallbladder removed this morning. She was so funny coming out of the anesthesia.. said she was an alien.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh ja?

Pieces start to fall into place, make sense.... :shock:

:P
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:I spent most of the day at the hospital, my grandma had her gallbladder removed this morning. She was so funny coming out of the anesthesia.. said she was an alien.
Gall Bladder surgery during a hurricane? The stuff family stories are made of.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Yeah, she was in the hospital the last time we had a hurricane. I think her guts can predict the weather :P
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

Hope she is doing better now.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Mandy, have you thought about hiring her out? Sounds like she's more accurate than the National Weather Service. ;)

Return to “General Chat”