Hey Birom, Hye Hippo!!

Any old topic will do, I suppose.

Hey Birom, Hye Hippo!!

Postby Bubba » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:42 pm

Image

Eat it, suckas! :D

Can someone see if my fanfic is still there? I forgot to save anything Bubba said.

Though if truth be told, my favorite was when I called DN the "Land of Milk and Money!" :D

And I'm sorry to any Jews or Catholics that Bubba made fun of. Though I'm sure he meant every word he said about the New Agers, and Anthony. I hope anyone who was offended knows I didn't mean those dumb things I/Bubba said.

Sloey? I love you. :D
User avatar
Bubba
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Postby SandChigger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 pm

:lol:

I've only read a few of the posts.

Nice run.
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Re: Hey Birom, Hye Hippo!!

Postby Nekhrun » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Bubba wrote:Can someone see if my fanfic is still there? I forgot to save anything Bubba said.

You mean this?:
Bubs wrote:Leti II reclaned in his big car and looked at the thronged masses around him. "Silly humans," the worm thougth to himself. "They believe me when I tell them I am the one turd God. But only I know that I lie, and thus I am a tool of the Deciever." That last part Leto only thought, because moneo was there and he didnt want him to hear it.

"Shall we visit Hwi at the marriage-place, my Lord, or would you like to go and eat some dirt?" asked Moneo in his gay-like high voice. Leto was wishing htat he had re-made Moeno like The Duncan, because he could have the Tilaxu fix that annoying voice.

"No Moneo, said Leto. Now that we have visited this planet, Planet Calvary, I would like to speak to the people and tell tehm some Good News." "Can you pull this car over at the temple?" said Leto.

But of course sir. "Let me speak to the driver."

The big fat car that was used to haul around Leto's big self pulled into a parking lot. Leto II did not have to pay the hourly rate in spice essence, because he was believed to be the Lord. Actually the car could park underground, so it didnt even matter at all.

When Leto went upstairs to the main temple of planet Calvary, the worshippers thronged around him. He said "I have good news to share! I am the one true God.!!!" Tehe worshippers believed everything that he said. "Once I was a man, then I did a lot of spice (drugs) and then I became as a God, and you worshpped me from afar, nad now I am here!"

"YES! Yelled the worshippers. Some of htem were falling down, but some were not shoutting. This angered Leto, so he looked crossly at them and they left. Leto could not hear them because super-hearing was not one of his abilities, but they said "This tool of teh Beast does not look like God. I spit on him. I will go to Heaven fo sure now!!!!!!" And they left.

Wehn the audience was over Mohiam walked up to Leto and said "You know that you are not the One True God, don't you? If anyone has good news, it is I." Leto was angered by this too, so he stopped walking forward. "what the heck are you dong on Planet Calvary, anyway?" said Leto. "I have come to confront you, Lord Leto. YOu are the tool of Satan and you will make everyone who believes i you go to Aitch - E - Double-Toothpicks. Yes, that spells HELL! I cant let that happen because I know who God really is."

"Enough! MOneo remove this drug addled whore from my presence" Leto screamed.

"OK. Come here whore." Money grabbed her and put her in irons. He shoved somehting in her mouth to keep her from using that voice too. "I hate her voice and his too," Leto thought. He sounds gay and she is a typical shrew whore.

Once she was in jail, Leto went to see Hwi. "Hello Hwi" said Leto to Hwi. "I have travelled long to see you. If I had feet, I would allow you to annoint them for me with rose waters. I also dont like water now."

"I know," Hwi replied.

"But you may serve me any way, for you are my wife and that is yoru duty. I desire dirt to feed upon and grow strong."

"Whatever my Lord wishes," Hwi said very, very, very subserviently.

"Wife," Leto said. "I have had some problems in town. It seems taht not all hte humans there think that I am the one true God. Did I not deliver a list of Ten Commandments (they were fake) for them to live by? Have I not iposed the Piece of Leto upon them so that they are now happy because ther wars are finally, finally over? It just doesnt make any darn sense!" Just then Leto farted really loud! (LOL)! It was nasty and sounded like a hershey's chocolate suryp bottle when it gets empty. Leto screamed! "OW! That dirt you gave me must have had some water in it! Now my butt burns with lots of pain! I will fix you!"

"Hwi shiverred in fear. "Not the punishment again!" Just then the floor broke and Leto and Hwi died. They landed on top of Moneo and Mohiam. Everyone died, but Mohiam went to heaven only. Everyone else went to HELL!


Need anything else?
User avatar
Nekhrun
Archivist
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Postby Omphalos » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 pm

That's it. Thanks, Nekhrun. That one I was proud of. :D

You know, I think most of Bubba's posts were responsive, so I'm not sure any others will make sense out of context. Maybe the one where I told Hyppo that I didn't want to witness to her until she had a husband who would listen?

Honestly, Byron has that place locked down tight. I'm not even sure what is left.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby chanilover » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am

He deleted a post where I asked why Bubba was banned. I think I vaguely remember something in the rules about not discussing bannings now, so there you go.

Oh well, at least they've still got Antony and his thinly veiled antisemitism, and the sexist gay-hater Fantomas. What a great bunch of people the site has attracted, I can't believe the blatant prejudice people are spewing on that site and not getting banned for it.
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Re: Hey Birom, Hye Hippo!!

Postby Purge » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:09 am

Bubba wrote:Image

Eat it, suckas! :D

Can someone see if my fanfic is still there? I forgot to save anything Bubba said.

Though if truth be told, my favorite was when I called DN the "Land of Milk and Money!" :D

And I'm sorry to any Jews or Catholics that Bubba made fun of. Though I'm sure he meant every word he said about the New Agers, and Anthony. I hope anyone who was offended knows I didn't mean those dumb things I/Bubba said.

Sloey? I love you. :D


Bubba was hilarious, and his fan-fic a work of art.
Purge
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Postby Star Dust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 am

Props to Omph! I half-way considered you for the culprit, what with the horrible spelling. ;)

Seriously though, very well played.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby GamePlayer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:54 am

How bizarre, how bizarre :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
User avatar
GamePlayer
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby chanilover » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:25 pm

I still can't believe that so many people on Dunenovels took Bubba seriously and were arguing with him. In fact, they were goading him into arguments.

Fucking hell!
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:36 pm

It was remarkable.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Omphalos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:53 pm

:D

One is proud to stir the pot occasionally.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Mandy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Man.. I miss out on all the fun by not registering over there. :)
User avatar
Mandy
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Postby Star Dust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Mandy wrote:Man.. I miss out on all the fun by not registering over there. :)


Mandy honey, even I have started posting over there. Doing some recon and stuff.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Freakzilla » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm

I knew it! :lol:
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
User avatar
Freakzilla
Archivist
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA

Postby Sparafucile » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Kudos on a job well... trolled :) Personally, I would have laid off the mispelling more. When I realized just how many words in the English language Bubba butchered and how badly he butchered them, I figured out he was just trying to cause trouble, since nobody (please god, nobody) can be that stupid.

The key is a nice balance, IMO. Like Ultra Spice :D But hey, Bubba seemed to have worked well enough. Got a fair amount of people hooked :wink:
User avatar
Sparafucile
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 am

Postby Star Dust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Freakzilla wrote:I knew it! :lol:


:)

It's...bazaar over there. My very first post was deleted, but since then I've
been left alone, and that was with calling BoardAdmin (Byron?) out for
suggesting that the (non) issue of Paul's birth world as somehow fitting in with
FH's theme of plans within plans within plans. Which is of course ludicrous.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Himachil » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm

:lol: :lol: Genius!
And that, children, is how the little bunny rabbit got his fluffy white tail.

As a minimum, we must demand from SF that it be wiser than the world it speaks to.
--Darko Suvin; On the Poetics of the Science Fiction Genre
User avatar
Himachil
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 am
Location: Cool Britannia

Postby Omphalos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Star Dust wrote:what with the horrible spelling. ;)


Hey! :shock:

What's that mean?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Mandy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Star Dust wrote:
Mandy wrote:Man.. I miss out on all the fun by not registering over there. :)


Mandy honey, even I have started posting over there. Doing some recon and stuff.


So many boards.. so little time :P
User avatar
Mandy
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Postby Star Dust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm

Omphalos wrote:
Star Dust wrote:what with the horrible spelling. ;)


Hey! :shock:

What's that mean?


I assure you it was tongue-in-cheek. But surely you must know that, at times, you're spelling is...original?

Hope I didn't offend.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Omphalos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Star Dust wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Star Dust wrote:what with the horrible spelling. ;)


Hey! :shock:

What's that mean?


I assure you it was tongue-in-cheek. But surely you must know that, at times, you're spelling is...original?

Hope I didn't offend.


Well, like I said...somewhere, in the last few days. I have no spell check on my office computer. And Im a lazy ass. So no, no offense taken. :wink:
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Star Dust » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Omphalos wrote:
Star Dust wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Star Dust wrote:what with the horrible spelling. ;)


Hey! :shock:

What's that mean?


I assure you it was tongue-in-cheek. But surely you must know that, at times, you're spelling is...original?

Hope I didn't offend.


Well, like I said...somewhere, in the last few days. I have no spell check on my office computer. And Im a lazy ass. So no, no offense taken. :wink:


It's a damn good thing I'm so perfect that I can criticize you, ain't it? ;)

<country club laughter>
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby GamePlayer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm

I admit, reading the threads with Bubba is one thing I would likely regret about avoiding DN. But that's not nearly enough to get me to go back.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
User avatar
GamePlayer
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby Robspierre » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:37 pm

GamePlayer wrote:I admit, reading the threads with Bubba is one thing I would likely regret about avoiding DN. But that's not nearly enough to get me to go back.


Go look, I was damn near pissing myself with laughter :lol:

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robspierre
Archivist
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 am
Location: The Cascades of Oregon

Postby Omphalos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 pm

OK, I did save a few of Bubba's comments from PM's. Here is what I said about immigration. Not illegal immigration mind you, but immigration:

The sad fact is that immigrants take food out of the mouths of American babies and nursing mothers. How is someone supposed to work if some ilegal immigrant from Los Salvador will do their job ofr much less money and no benefits. They cannot all be fruity pickers, can then? No! And they come here and dillute our culture and our way of life too. Im ean, they should be entitled to thier own way of life, but not here, not on my watch!


And when Sole Man got mad at him:

Put aside your anger, Sole Man. No matter what you say, I love you. I love you, Sole Man. I love you because Jesus told me to love you, and he loves you too.


I was going to remind Sole Man to get his ass over to Jacurutu the day I was banned again. Too bad I didn't get to do that.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby SandChigger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:08 pm

Yeah, someone tell that little shit again to get his misspelling butt over to Jacurutu. :lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby inhuien » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:07 am

Fruity Pickers, genius !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
inhuien
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am

Postby Star Dust » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:29 am

SandChigger wrote:Yeah, someone tell that little shit again to get his misspelling butt over to Jacurutu. :lol:


hmmmm.....
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
Image
User avatar
Star Dust
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Postby Purge » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:07 am

:lol: Los Salvador
Purge
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Postby SandChigger » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 am

(Huh? Los? As in "Lost me on that one". ;) )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby GamePlayer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:44 am

Omg, that is some comedy gold right there. I can just imagine the response. It's like Borat :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
User avatar
GamePlayer
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby chanilover » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Guess who's bleating her righteous indignation on Dunenovels. None other than Hyppo. I've copied these here as they'll probably get deleted. Well, my response will at least.

Simon wrote:
Bubba was Omph?

I get the bad spelling (were all idiots, great. ).
What was the point of the religious jabber?


Hyppo:

That was just to annoy people. In other words, your basic troll.

_________________

oneeyedunicornhunter:

hmmm...

i'm not so sure. any evidence to back this up?

i'm sure byron knows for sure, but i doubt he'll shed any light on this.

or will he?


Hyppo:

Evidence that Bubba was really Omphalos? Yes.

Evidence that the motivation for this was to annoy people? Yes.

Quote:
"i'm sure byron knows for sure, but i doubt he'll shed any light on this. or will he?"

That's up to Byron.

_________________


Talos Aquinas



oneeyedunicornhunter, the individual formerly known here as Omphalos has admitted he was Bubba on another site (the BBS he runs).


Fantômas'

Simon wrote:
"Bubba was Omph?
What was the point of the religious jabber?"

To get someone upset enough to spew out curses so they get banned.
Plans within plans.
They will try again. Very childish games they play, and not even play fair.
I would really like to talk to Mr. U.S. Attorney and ask WTF!
Imagine a U.S. Attorney behaving in this matter; now is my turn, thread lightly!

P.S. You're on thin ice liar!

_________________


chanilover



Well well, look at who is most indignant about Bubba. Hyppo, the person who finds it acceptable to lie to members on her forum and open private emails but is too spineless to admit it, and Fantomas, who finds it amusing to call gays chi chi man.

He took you for a ride and injecte a bit of much-needed humour on here. You were had good and proper, deal with it.

_________________

Hyppo, spouting off about "evidence" the same week as I gave her evidence of her lies on Arrakeen. I'm convinced she's as thick as pigshit.
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm

I was laughing my ass off at that. Who the hell is she talking to tread lightly? Thin ice? WTF does that mean?
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Omphalos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Tell Hyppo to blow her moral outrage out her ass. I may have been trolling (though for a different purpose than she supposes; what the hell do I care who goes to DN and joins?), but I already received my punishment for doing it. I was banned. My punishment has been carried out. End of story.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Omphalos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 pm

A Thing of Eternity wrote:I was laughing my ass off at that. Who the hell is she talking to tread lightly? Thin ice? WTF does that mean?


I think that was Fantomas saying that. (?)
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Tleilax Master B » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:47 pm

Hehe, I knew it was someone here. Well played ol' chap... :D

I PMed Byron asking if Bubba was a sock puppet and who he thought it was. He replied "He's banned, let's just leave it at."
Image
User avatar
Tleilax Master B
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Omphalos wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I was laughing my ass off at that. Who the hell is she talking to tread lightly? Thin ice? WTF does that mean?


I think that was Fantomas saying that. (?)


Oh, that explains why it makes no sense. I still have no clue who that was supposed to be directed at.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby The Phantom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:05 pm

at first when i saw thread lightly i thought wow that's something close to a clever forum pun.... then i realized it was Fanto saying it.... so it was obviously just a typo :P

the sock puppet account sounds like fun... maybe i'll give it a try. seems to stir up more shit than my faux registrations did :D
User avatar
The Phantom
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Omphalos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 pm

OrangeFantamas has turned up at HA, and boy is he pissed about something. :roll:

Proably what I said about the Catholics. Poor kid just doesnt get the joke. :D

http://houseatreides2.freeforums.org/is ... 0.html#673
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby SandChigger » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Join a moribund board (sorry, RobinH, but them's the breaks) 'cause the only other one that will tolerate your nonsense is a PR tool...another swift move from FantaPôp! :lol:

I think I just counted coup on Green Cow Without Hope of Calves over there. ;)

Poor dear, still relatively young and yet already the memory and mind seems to be going. Sad, truly sad. :lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby chanilover » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 am

This is classic. From Sloey in the Friend of Omphalos thread on Dunenovels.

My good Freind? Omphalos? Why would he...Becuase He never could!

That explains it! When Bubba first came here, He said that he thought me and him were "freinds," despite the fact I already insulted him several times. Omphalos wanted me to jion over at Jacrutu, or Arrakeen, or some other place, but I said I wouldn't leave this board! He must've figurerd he could annoy me enough o get me to say something that would get me banned to get me to go over to the other board. Makes perfect sense!

Why am I the central figure here? Becuase I am that self-obbessed!
_________________
I'm a Sole Man.

I was never here



La Cochonne is in the thread again, spewing crap which I replied to. Retarded clown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyppo wrote:
Whatever makes you think I took "Bubba" seriously? I knew it was one of you from Jacurutu; I just wasn't sure who.

Now the question is, which one of you is "Ultra Spice"? Same posting style, similar patterns... could it be yet another one of Omphalos' personalities manifesting itself? Or maybe it's catching?

Me:

How about, just for once, you try to be honest and tell us if you can actually remember the last time in your life you were genuinely happy. I'm starting to pity you, despite yourself.
_________________
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby chanilover » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:50 am

Omphalos wrote:OrangeFantamas has turned up at HA, and boy is he pissed about something. :roll:

Proably what I said about the Catholics. Poor kid just doesnt get the joke. :D

http://houseatreides2.freeforums.org/is ... 0.html#673


Oh my God, Orangefantamas is as insane as Hyppo. Looks like another on-line romance is about to blossom. Time to dust off my fanfic pen, I think.

Wonder what Hyppo means by a non-sequitor? So much for her claming for be a proof-reader, no wonder she can't find any work. The only times people in her neighbourhood can see any kind of eclipse is when Hyppo bends over.
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby SandChigger » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 am

I was just on the phone with Teg and he nearly hung up on me. :shock:

This is a first. Usually it's me threatening to hang up on him.

All I was doing was relating my vision...

Of Green Cow going out into her yard butt-nekkid to commune with Mother Goddess and Sister Moon and perform a fertility ritual, in an environmentally sound and responsible way, her never ever trimmed bush and trees glistening wetly in the moonlight (dew and slugs, nothing else), her many oft-abused cats (except the one that bit it last year, choking on a hairball...of her pershwanky hair) with their rough dry tongues ministering to her..."needs".

And Mother Goddess looked down in disgust upon the scene, but finally took pity and said, "Silly Cow, give it up. You are and will remain as barren as Sister Moon here's surface—cold, airless, dead. Your womb is like a party you've thrown and no one came."


That's not really so bad, is it? :?
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby Omphalos » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 am

Why do I want to Image
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby SandChigger » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Are you saying it was over the top, then?

I really can't tell anymore.... :(
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby Robspierre » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:10 am

SandChigger wrote:Are you saying it was over the top, then?

I really can't tell anymore.... :(



Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robspierre
Archivist
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 am
Location: The Cascades of Oregon

Postby Omphalos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 am

Robspierre wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Are you saying it was over the top, then?

I really can't tell anymore.... :(



Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob


Things are a bit......different in the high desert.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby chanilover » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:11 am

The thread on House Atreides is good for a chuckle. Why does she keep saying 'Omphalucy?'.

I liked Hyppo's idea of doing something other than bitching about Arrakeen, like sitting on her fat arse in front of the TV watching the Olympics. :lol: Makes a huge chage from sitting on her fat arse in front of a computer screen.
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby inhuien » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:23 am

SandChigger wrote:I really can't tell anymore.... :(

Cool personality crisis 8) there there many legged one all will be well in the mourning.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
inhuien
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am

Postby SandChigger » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:21 am

Robspierre wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Are you saying it was over the top, then?

I really can't tell anymore.... :(


Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob

Um...OK, Rob, if you say so.... :shock:

Omphalos wrote:Things are a bit......different in the high desert.

Ya THINK?

(Have anything to do with the teenage-years trauma he's referred to before? :shock: )

:lol:

I never really got the "Omphalucy" thing, either. Was she saying she's "Ompharicky", then?

I guess that's the best she can come up with? That or it just tickles her special funny place so much she can't stop using it.

Tickling her special funny place...now there's a sick-making thought fer ya, what? :P

(And thanks, wee tireless bouncy thang! :) )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby Robspierre » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 am

Omphalos wrote:
Robspierre wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Are you saying it was over the top, then?

I really can't tell anymore.... :(



Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob


Things are a bit......different in the high desert.



I blame bad drugs.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robspierre
Archivist
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 am
Location: The Cascades of Oregon

Postby Mandy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:34 am

Omph + fallacy = Omphalucy (I think)
User avatar
Mandy
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:28 pm

Postby Omphalos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:18 am

Mandy wrote:Omph + fallacy = Omphalucy (I think)


That is how I took it. She started doing it after I changed the boardware here so that when ever anyone typed her name correctly it was automatically changed to Hyppo.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:26 am

Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:Omph + fallacy = Omphalucy (I think)


That is how I took it. She started doing it after I changed the boardware here so that when ever anyone typed her name correctly it was automatically changed to Hyppo.


I figured it was her adding Lucy to the end to make it a girls name.

Shame she's missing out on the much more than obvious mean change that could be made to your name. :lol:
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Omphalos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:29 am

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:Omph + fallacy = Omphalucy (I think)


That is how I took it. She started doing it after I changed the boardware here so that when ever anyone typed her name correctly it was automatically changed to Hyppo.


I figured it was her adding Lucy to the end to make it a girls name.

Shame she's missing out on the much more than obvious mean change that could be made to your name. :lol:


I think Sole Man already copyrighted Omphalus.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Rakis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Omphalos wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:Omph + fallacy = Omphalucy (I think)


That is how I took it. She started doing it after I changed the boardware here so that when ever anyone typed her name correctly it was automatically changed to Hyppo.


I figured it was her adding Lucy to the end to make it a girls name.

Shame she's missing out on the much more than obvious mean change that could be made to your name. :lol:


I think Sole Man already copyrighted Omphalus.


...And she can't use a word she knows NOTHING about... :P
Neutrinos watch alert !

Image
User avatar
Rakis
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Postby Sparafucile » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 pm

I think it's hilarious how she keeps asking not to be addressed as sweetheart. As if that would actually work.
User avatar
Sparafucile
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 am

Postby SandChigger » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Let me call you sweeeeetheart:
I'm in LOATH. WITH. YOOOOOOOOOOU!
:lol:

Just another loathly day in Paradise....
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby Freakzilla » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 am

Robspierre wrote:Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob


Would you consider that more entertaining than reading a Dune prequel/sequel?
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
User avatar
Freakzilla
Archivist
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA

Postby SandChigger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am

NOT if that particular whatever-quel was

THE BEST THING THEY'VE WRITTEN SO FAR!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God, Byron is such a joke now.

OK, I'll read Paul of Dune and see for myself, but I just can't imagine that they improved that much over the few months between when they finished Sadworms and started writing it, especially considering they wrote the thing exactly the same way they've written all the others. :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:37 am

SandChigger wrote:God, Byron is such a joke now.


You said it. WOW. Anyone who hasn't popped over there and looked at the Writing Critique thread where Byron and Ultra Spice are arguing with pretty much everyone else about whether or not rocket engines can indeed break lightspeed should really go look. It's amazing. It's an orgy of ignorance. It's: IDIOT-SIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH GOD HAS NEVER SEEN!

I wish Byron had gotten involved when I started that thread (and wasn't banned) there are so many things I'd love to be saying right now. Oh well, I'll just watch and laugh. :twisted:
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Freakzilla » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:42 am

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SandChigger wrote:God, Byron is such a joke now.


You said it. WOW. Anyone who hasn't popped over there and looked at the Writing Critique thread where Byron and Ultra Spice are arguing with pretty much everyone else about whether or not rocket engines can indeed break lightspeed should really go look. It's amazing. It's an orgy of ignorance. It's: IDIOT-SIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH GOD HAS NEVER SEEN!

I wish Byron had gotten involved when I started that thread (and wasn't banned) there are so many things I'd love to be saying right now. Oh well, I'll just watch and laugh. :twisted:


Several times today I've started to reply to that thread, but I figure if I have to explain to Byron what striking random particles at FTL speeds has to do with space travel I may as well just hit myself in the head with a hammer.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
User avatar
Freakzilla
Archivist
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SandChigger wrote:God, Byron is such a joke now.


You said it. WOW. Anyone who hasn't popped over there and looked at the Writing Critique thread where Byron and Ultra Spice are arguing with pretty much everyone else about whether or not rocket engines can indeed break lightspeed should really go look. It's amazing. It's an orgy of ignorance. It's: IDIOT-SIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH GOD HAS NEVER SEEN!

I wish Byron had gotten involved when I started that thread (and wasn't banned) there are so many things I'd love to be saying right now. Oh well, I'll just watch and laugh. :twisted:


Several times today I've started to reply to that thread, but I figure if I have to explain to Byron what striking random particles at FTL speeds has to do with space travel I may as well just hit myself in the head with a hammer.


I have to limit how often I go look, I've actually started to get shakes when I read his answers, the guy is so deluded and confused it's actually deeply disturbing. He just doesn't understand that Relativity ALLOWS FTL. It just doesn't allow accelerating to FTL. I really doubt anyone could explain it to him in a way that he'd understand. Foldspace (whether explained as hyperdrive or wormhole) makes infinitly more sense than rockets that go faster than light.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Omphalos » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
SandChigger wrote:God, Byron is such a joke now.


You said it. WOW. Anyone who hasn't popped over there and looked at the Writing Critique thread where Byron and Ultra Spice are arguing with pretty much everyone else about whether or not rocket engines can indeed break lightspeed should really go look. It's amazing. It's an orgy of ignorance. It's: IDIOT-SIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH GOD HAS NEVER SEEN!

I wish Byron had gotten involved when I started that thread (and wasn't banned) there are so many things I'd love to be saying right now. Oh well, I'll just watch and laugh. :twisted:


Several times today I've started to reply to that thread, but I figure if I have to explain to Byron what striking random particles at FTL speeds has to do with space travel I may as well just hit myself in the head with a hammer.


someone tell Byron to read Tau Zero, then come back and apologize.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby Sparafucile » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Yeah, but no matter what evidence anyone could bring to the table, he would just cop out with his 'Who knows what technology they discovered so far in the future' which is an extremely weak argument at best. :roll:
User avatar
Sparafucile
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 am

Postby Robspierre » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:15 pm

Freakzilla wrote:
Robspierre wrote:Dude, over the top is a monkey fucking a football while getting diddled from behind by a man dressed like Barney while listening to Michael Jackson's thriller.

Rob


Would you consider that more entertaining than reading a Dune prequel/sequel?


Oh hell yes.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Robspierre
Archivist
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:52 am
Location: The Cascades of Oregon

Postby Freakzilla » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Sparafucile wrote:Yeah, but no matter what evidence anyone could bring to the table, he would just cop out with his 'Who knows what technology they discovered so far in the future' which is an extremely weak argument at best. :roll:


You called it:


boardadmin wrote:
dominos wrote: argument that a ship could use rocket propulsion to accelerate to or past light speed, the authors still messed up big time by forgetting that there shouldn’t be any g-forces because the people had the tech to counteract them (artificial grav and anti grav)!


Perhaps there was partial counteraction. Perhaps there is a small delay in jumping to lightspeed and the brief sensation of G-forces. This is a lame argument. There are so many future possibilities that your argument falls apart.


:lol:
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
User avatar
Freakzilla
Archivist
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Duluth, Georgia, USA

Postby The Phantom » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Freakzilla wrote:
Sparafucile wrote:Yeah, but no matter what evidence anyone could bring to the table, he would just cop out with his 'Who knows what technology they discovered so far in the future' which is an extremely weak argument at best. :roll:


You called it:


boardadmin wrote:
dominos wrote: argument that a ship could use rocket propulsion to accelerate to or past light speed, the authors still messed up big time by forgetting that there shouldn’t be any g-forces because the people had the tech to counteract them (artificial grav and anti grav)!


Perhaps there was partial counteraction. Perhaps there is a small delay in jumping to lightspeed and the brief sensation of G-forces. This is a lame argument. There are so many future possibilities that your argument falls apart.


:lol:



heh. go dominos
User avatar
The Phantom
 
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Omphalos » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 pm

This is that whole BS argument Simon kept bringing up months ago. What a load of crappola.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

"No Aliens or FTL in the Duniverse!"

Postby SandChigger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Wasn't there something, too, about drawing a parallel between the sound barrier and the "light barrier"? (Yes, movement through a the fabric of spacetime itself is exactly like movement through a fluid physical medium. :roll: ) OK, sure, I'm not a physicist but I have done a bit of reading in this area and think I have a pretty good gasp of the basic concepts. Nothing I've seen from that thread (I have someone feeding me quotes) convinces me that Byron can say the same. "In the future we'll be able to do this and that and the other thing!" is the lame argument, if this and that and the other thing are thought to be physically impossible according to our current understanding of the universe.

I know we don't all exactly agree on this next point, but I prefer to believe that Frank Herbert came up with spacefolding because he knew enough about REAL science to know that FTL as commonly portrayed in pulp scifi is nonsense but he also needed a fast method of transportation for his Imperium and its civilization to be possible. Or maybe he just wanted something different from the crowd. Unless they come forward with notes indicating one way or the other, maybe we'll neve know.

Either way, Kevin and Brian could have handled the history of the era surrounding the Jihad much differently and stayed faithful to what I believe was FH's vision WITHOUT introducing "vroom-vroom"...simply by passing on the opportunity to slag off Holtzmann (oh, look, the most famous inventor/theorist of the Duniverse has feet of clay) and to build up the dwarf and have spacefolding be an already established aspect of the civilization.

But they didn't so here we are, with a silly extraneous element (but only one of many, eh :roll: ) added to the Duniverse and Frank's grandson making a fool of himself for all the world (that cares) to see.

Lovely. Praise be to Kevin. :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm

At first he was just talking out his ass because he wanted to back up the new authors, now he’s went and found papers by fringe scientists backing up the whole “relativity is wrong” argument. What a goof. I hope this Dominos guy/girl tears him apart.

Freak – I loved your “what does a brick through your windshield have to do with the speed limit?” comment. Comedy!
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby GamePlayer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Fiction writers wisely sidestep the laws of physics by inventing clever ways around those laws. Anyone can just ignorantly proclaim; "Yeah, well my rocket engine can go 10,000 c, so there. I beat up your daddy too!". That takes no skill or effort; it's just lazy. But to actually invent navigator travel, hyperspace jumping, or super dimension displacement, or warp travel, or slipstream travel, or any of the thousands of FTL methods actually requires some work and creative thinking. Most people typically appreciate that kind of effort; it's what makes reading good sci-fi worthwhile :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
User avatar
GamePlayer
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby SandChigger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Yep.

Take the Mind-operated ships in Banks' novels, cycling up and down through two flavors of hyperspace. Pure bollocks! :D

But I buy it, because Banks' is a WRITER, and can juggle the jargon in such a way that it lulls to sleep the nasty little impy thang sitting off on a stool to one side perving the story details flowing by with his X-ray vision (my disbelief ;) ).

Anyway, tell Byron to go look up the Autodynamics crowd, followers of an Argentinian physicist with a thing against Einstein. Now THERE are some real, Grade A prime-cut wingnuts for you. And what's really weird is, I was in the MA program at OSU with the guy who's essentially become the #2 in the movement (the one making a documentary movie called "Einstein Wrong: The Miracle Year"...although it's now two or three years late. :lol: )

Oh, hell, here's a link: http://www.einsteinwrong.com/main/

But caveat visor: they really are loons. :shock:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby Dune Nerd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:38 pm

It seems that KJA has taken over Byron's account again. Every couple of months it doesn't sound like Byron it sounds just like KJA being his typical prick self.

Anyone else ever noticed that?

I am still convinced Byron is an ass hat but sometimes he goes over the top to ultra ass hat.
Dune Nerd
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:38 am

Postby SandChigger » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Yeah, but whoever that Dominos is, has handed him his ass BIG TIME.

(I wonder if Hyppo and arnoloco were curled up in there at the time? :shock: )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:33 am

Dune Nerd wrote:It seems that KJA has taken over Byron's account again. Every couple of months it doesn't sound like Byron it sounds just like KJA being his typical prick self.

Anyone else ever noticed that?

I am still convinced Byron is an ass hat but sometimes he goes over the top to ultra ass hat.


And the way Byron went from thse kinds of dumbass statements:

I'm sure we'll be able to break light speed with a rocket engine, we could use dark matter as fuel and they'll be really super efficient in the future!

To ones like:


Here's a paper explaining that there are some theoretical ways around relativity.



I haven't been over there yet today, but I'm sure he's either quoting fringe scientists or back to making stupid comments like Push-Pulled-and-Skipped :roll: [/i]
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby SandChigger » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:02 am

I don't know that I see that so much as evidence of Byron-virtuel having been possessed by or actively channeling Kevin as maybe someone feeding him the links.

Now...who do we know that is a master of links to silliness all over the Web? arnoloco, perhaps? That would explain why Byron was blowing him.

Thanks, arnoldo. Good point, arnoldo. Should I make it wetter, arnoldo?

:roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
User avatar
SandChigger
Archivist
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Sietch Tigr, near Arrakeen

Postby A Thing of Eternity » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 am

It's pretty lame. I can't belive Byron even complimented Arnoldo on pointing out that Norma turned into a navagator. No shit. NO SHIT. NO FUCKING SHIT GENIUS

Those guys combined could maybe outwit a tree stump.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby Omphalos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am

Man! Bubba would have so fit in there. Why did Byron delete him again? :P
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby chanilover » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 pm

If you'd like to see stupidity on a truly colossal scale, check out the Olympics thread on Dunenovels. I mentiond the hushed-up deaths during the construction of the Bird's Nest, and Hyppo and Orangefantamas demanded reputable news links or evidence. Do these cretins live in fucking cocoons? Naturally, I gave them a link to The Times. Imbeciles.
Image
chanilover
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 pm

Postby Nekhrun » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Speaking of Byron's future argument...I wonder if in the future there will be some kind of device that keeps shit novels from ruining the Dune franchise. Science will make some wonderful advances in the next 10,000 years.
User avatar
Nekhrun
Archivist
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Postby Omphalos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Nekhrun wrote:Speaking of Byron's future argument...I wonder if in the future there will be some kind of device that keeps shit novels from ruining the Dune franchise. Science will make some wonderful advances in the next 10,000 years.


Lasguns? Lasgun/Shield interaction?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)



The Omphalos Umbrella Page
User avatar
Omphalos
Alien Overlord
 
Posts: 5678
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

Postby micah » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:00 am

I was about to ask why the 'einsteinwrong' folks didn't have anything substantial on the site to persuade you to pay $ to see the doc, but then i saw someone anonymously commented on it. I've recently gotten into Carl Sagan who LOATHED psuedoscience. if they believed so strongly about it you would've thought they would've argued their case for free. 'wingnuts' seems apprpriate enough..
micah
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:41 am


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron