It's been pretty dead over there today.

Oh well.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

It usually is.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I wonder if Hyppo is gonna change her mind and ban me forever? I actually want to go over there and do a few things before I go, and see if it has changed at all.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

It hasn't.

The only new post since the last time I checked (about ten hours ago, before going to bed), was by Arny on the Cydonia thread; he warbles on about the pyramids in Mexico and then links to a European Space Agency page with a composite video of the area and text that clearly says the "face" is just a big rock. I have no idea what he thought that proved, if anything.

Addendum:

I was talking to Teg last night and one thing we were wondering about is why some of these decisions aren't being made after consultation among the admins. The "mood" of one admin shouldn't have such far-reaching consequences.

Again, this is why I think that, on large boards, admins should have accounts separate from their usual user accounts. And any moderation, warnings, etc., should include a citation of the appropriate board rules.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:It hasn't.

The only new post since the last time I checked (about ten hours ago, before going to bed), was by Arny on the Cydonia thread; he warbles on about the pyramids in Mexico and then links to a European Space Agency page with a composite video of the area and text that clearly says the "face" is just a big rock. I have no idea what he thought that proved, if anything.

Addendum:

I was talking to Teg last night and one thing we were wondering about is why some of these decisions aren't being made after consultation among the admins. The "mood" of one admin shouldn't have such far-reaching consequences.

Again, this is why I think that, on large boards, admins should have accounts separate from their usual user accounts. And any moderation, warnings, etc., should include a citation of the appropriate board rules.
None of that is gonna cure Hyppo's weirdness. She wants to make spot decisions on what "the rules" mean, based on how much she likes you. That wont change until she is gone, which she will NEVER do. What the fuck else is there to do in Red Deer? Hang out at Chapters and argue with the government over how they are now responsible for her father and she isn't?

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I'm not going to speculate on motivations and all that because I really, honestly, couldn't care less. I just think it's sad that the place seems (at the moment) to be slowing down to the same old low level of activity as before the Diaspora. (At least, that's my perception.)

If Arnold is the only one who's going to be posting there, there's not much reason to go by except to take potshots at him.

Oh well.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I just moved this forum and alt.fan.dune up to the top of my Dune-related bookmarks, replacing 'Keen. This is the deadest I've seen it over there since I was banned from DN.

Whatever.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

It's a flop forum. I was banned because Hyppo doesn't like me and to try back up what she was doing she actually lied to me about a complaint. Shame, really, it could have just taken over where Dunenovels left off after the exodus, the same people were posting about the same themes. The main reason it has failed is because of that liar Hyppo. The first thread I saw when I started posting there was one she had hijacked where a couple of guys were mocking the new Dunenovels rules in German accents. She waded in and actually said "that's enough!" before droning on about suffering under the Nazis and announcing that the thread was locked until the two people responsible PMd her. She then later announced that the thread was now open again, as the PMs had been received by her from the naughty members responsible. I hadn't and still haven't seen anything quite like that from a moderator. I'm convinced her stomping around on Arrakeen is the highlight of her day.

She's also on Dunenovels, which is a surprise as I don't remember her contributing anything noteworthy or remarkable. Without the big admin stick she's just another background dullard.

Anyway, that aside, Arrakeen is a flop, I've already wasted more effort on the dump than it deserves.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

"Ed's never going back there" :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:Well, I just moved this forum and alt.fan.dune up to the top of my Dune-related bookmarks, replacing 'Keen. This is the deadest I've seen it over there since I was banned from DN.

Whatever.
Now I can go to checking that out every few days. I've pretty much avoided DN now for the last month. I check it every couple of weeks, but never see any thread worth posting in.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

This is just all too bad. Hyppo, and Byron too, I guess, can kiss my ass. But I loved those forums in their heydays.

Maybe I should expand the Dune section? Anyone have any suggestions?

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Just make a Dune forum that everyone can post in. The members will take over from there, I think.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I hope this won't be taken the wrong way, but anyway, here goes...

The Herberts are shitting all over Frank's legacy and they banned a bunch of us from their BBS...but a few of you still go there and post.

One admin on Arrakeen goes fairly full-tilt batshit and does some things which (I'm assuming) another admin (like Freak or Crys) could undo and people boycott the forum.

I guess I'm just a little confused by the apparent inconsistency. Or am I missing something? :(
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:I hope this won't be taken the wrong way, but anyway, here goes...

The Herberts are shitting all over Frank's legacy and they banned a bunch of us from their BBS...but a few of you still go there and post.

One admin on Arrakeen goes fairly full-tilt batshit and does some things which (I'm assuming) another admin (like Freak or Crys) could undo and people boycott the forum.

I guess I'm just a little confused by the apparent inconsistency. Or am I missing something? :(
As far as I'm concerned, there are some differences here, Chig. DN was always the family corp's board. Arrakeen was a fan board. One would assume that clampdowns would happen on a corporate owned board and not on a fan board.

Hyppo's reactions were personal and appeared to me, who received the brunt of it, to be motivated by illogical and constantly changing personal feelings. Byron's may have been sudden, but I think you have acknowledged in the past that you were surprised that you got away with what you got away with for as long as you did.

Some people here have problems with the board in general at Arrakeen. If Hyppo is going to be crazy, then they figure why work so hard to figure the fucking software out? I don't necessarily agree with that, but I can sympathize. And I note that Hyppo does not seem to be doing much to fix the problems, even though she does give lip service every time someone bitches.

Arnoldo is there now. He was not active on DN when you were banned. Hyppo protects him and wants him there. Byron doesn't give a shit.

DN happened first. When Hyppo started turning into a flaming bitch, it was the proverbial last nail in the coffin. Reactions are stronger to her because she knows well what these kind of actions do to online community, since it just happened recently. People blame her personally for DN's and her own sins collectively, and even if that is unfair, she knew what she was doing.

Hyppo tried to come over here just to cause trouble. Why would I want to go back to her board after that? Besides, she is petty enough to try to lord it over me no matter what I do. If I ever get back there, I'm going to do a few things to my account, then get out for good, or at least until Hyppo is no longer an admin.

DN was like crack to me. It was the first board I really ever joined, and it was awesome in its heyday. Arrakeen was not that big to me, though I admit it did fill the void very well for some time. It was not easy for me to quit DN, though now I largely have. With what has happened at Arrakeen, I'm not finding it anywhere near as tough, probably because its not anywhere near as much of an addiction.

Passions are still high right now. Wait for them to die down and see where the opinion lay before attempting to come to any firm conclusions. I may very well go back, though that wench drives me so crazy, in a way that Byron NEVER did, even when he overnight became a Preek.

Its also not clear that Hyppo has changed. For all practical purposes, Byron is no longer banning for stupid stuff. Hyppo, according to the few things I have heard, is still in her little "mood." Why would anyone want to go back there as long as she is calling the shots and is "moody?"

Besides, you've said that you would never go back to DN. Cant you guess that I feel the same way about Arrakeen? And CL too, who was actually banned?

As to what the other admins over there can do, Ill let them comment on that if they want to, as I know nothing about how the board is run. But I suspect that as despite as much common sense as those two guys have, Hyppo makes the calls and that is it. If I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong, and no hard feelings at all. Crys and Freak will ALWAYS be welcome here. But Hyppo did it with out telling them, I think, so what does that tell you?

I tell you one final thing, my friend. When you got banned from DN, no matter the reason, I saw red and I wanted to tear that fucking place apart. As far as I was concerned you were a big part of the heart and soul of that place, and are a big part of the reason why I loved going there. It was never the same after you and Phaedrus and the others got the axe, and it never will be again. I tried to leave DN and never go back, but I was weak, man! Its taken this long to stop caring. Do I go there now? Yes. Only to post on non-Dune things, though. Will I eventually visit Arrakeen, just to see what is up? Maybe. But I'm still a little hot under the collar, so give me a little time here to make up my mind, K? :wink:

Besides, the ones who said that they were not going back were either banned, or made their minds up before all this happened.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

OK. Thanks for the in-depth explanation from your POV; makes sense.

I guess the way that I was looking at it is, since Arrakeen IS a fan site and Hyppo is NOT the owner, things over there could be turned around, but only if someone with similar clout (ahem) chooses to take action. Or someone complains to Baron?

Ah well, maybe it's just time to cut my losses? :(
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Do Baron and that other guy even care any more? They never come around any longer. And that Umma guy. Who the heck is he?

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

There's a whole world of difference. We were on the HLP's own board trashing their products, I'm just surprised Byron let everyone get away with it for so long. When SC and others were banned and it was made clear that other people were on borrowed time, people just fucked off from the site although some started posting again on there, but nowhere near in the volume that people did before the bannings. I only started posting again on Dunenovels as I felt stifled on Arrakeen, what with being nagged by PM and on the forum by that demented hick Hyppo.

My whole experience of Arrakeen was not particulary a fun one and I can't understand why being banned from an official board for taking the piss out of their "star employee" and cash cow Anderson is anything like being banned or suspended for being disliked by a lunatic member of the admin on an unofficial site. Oh, and being lied to in the reason for the ban. At least Byron was honest when he fired SC's arse out of DN.

As for a boycott, I have no idea if that is happening or not. What about the other members of Arrakeen who aren't on here, why aren't they posting? (That was a rhetorical question, I actually couldn't care less if the site thrives or dies, I just don't like being lied to).
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I seem to remember Baron showing up around the end of the year on the threads discussing the boardware over there. The main reason Hyppo gives for not moving the board or basically doing anything else to solve the real problems is that it's Baron's board and his decision, blah blah blah.

I don't know if there's really a boycott going on, but it's deader than I've seen it. Nebiros showed up and posted another of his silly moralistic anti-BG things, asking the opinion of the female members of the board.

I relayed a message from ChiggerBint that he ought to spend less time worrying about other people's sex and go get fucked more himself.

Oh well, I've new forums to play with here tomorrow, so who cares! :D

(I'm so easily pleased sometimes!)
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:As to what the other admins over there can do, Ill let them comment on that if they want to, as I know nothing about how the board is run. But I suspect that as despite as much common sense as those two guys have, Hyppo makes the calls and that is it. If I'm wrong about that, I'm wrong, and no hard feelings at all. Crys and Freak will ALWAYS be welcome here. But Hyppo did it with out telling them, I think, so what does that tell you?
I'm about tired of the place and nearly had my own "blaze of glory" moment last week and I think Crys would have been right behind me.
No search tool makes the place practically worthless and the color makes me naseaus, not to mention the drama. It has some sentimental value for me because it was where all the refugees from Dreamers of Dune went when that place went tit's up so I'll try to push for some changes and see if things there get better.

BTW, you're correct. I didn't know about all of the recent happenings until after the fact.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I'm about tired of the place and nearly had my own "blaze of glory" moment last week and I think Crys would have been right behind me.
No search tool makes the place practically worthless and the color makes me naseaus, not to mention the drama. It has some sentimental value for me because it was where all the refugees from Dreamers of Dune went when that place went tit's up so I'll try to push for some changes and see if things there get better.

BTW, you're correct. I didn't know about all of the recent happenings until after the fact.
You said it, brother :wink:

Everyone is right, something has to change over there or the board will die, but it isn't our board, and Freak and I have our hands tied as far as that is concerned.

But I think the wheels are in motion.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Just make a Dune forum that everyone can post in. The members will take over from there, I think.
I know that you are probably talking about Freak's archive, but just so that you know, we do have this here:

http://bb.solahpmo.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Its a general Dune thread that anyone can post in.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Haha.. that forum totally slipped my mind. I must be getting old.
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

I found this on one of the Amazon discussion threads:

You blooming Fruitcake; Why in my thread?

(totally just kidding, as If I really care)

PS, Can you get me some of whatever it was you were on?

"I wanna be an Aztec!, I wanna be an Aztec!"
It has a familiar ring to it :wink:

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: Is that creature all over the internet? I thought he was doing a masters in something or other, how does he find the time?
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote::lol: Is that creature all over the internet? I thought he was doing a masters in something or other, how does he find the time?
He probably doesn't work and lives off the taxes I pay. :cry:

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:
chanilover wrote::lol: Is that creature all over the internet? I thought he was doing a masters in something or other, how does he find the time?
I believe his wife works, if you can believe anything he has written.

And I do seem to remember him gloating about all the free benefits and medical care he gets now after losing/quitting(?) his job.

Feh. :roll:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
I believe his wife works, if you can believe anything he has written.

And I do seem to remember him gloating about all the free benefits and medical care he gets now after losing/quitting(?) his job.

Feh. :roll:
That boy is useless on so many levels.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

From the near non-sensical nature of that post on Amazon, I can only assume it's arnoldo :)

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I noticed he posted something in the book thread; he reading some of that end-of-the-world "Christian" tripe.

I don't know which bothered me more, that or the suggestion that people with vaginas are less likely to start wars. Hmmm, flip a coin.

And, like, who else thinks Nebby is in need of, like, a serious shtooping? I don't get it, his "girl" looks kinda hot in their MySpace pic. :lol:
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:And, like, who else thinks Nebby is in need of, like, a serious shtooping? I don't get it, his "girl" looks kinda hot in their MySpace pic. :lol:
I don't think he could handle it. He probably cries afterward because of how in love he is. I doubt she'd ever mention needs that she needs fulfilled out of fear that his beliefs would make her a naughty girl and he'd have to send her off to church for counseling. :roll:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT was funny! Probably WEEPS, you mean?

OK, this is going to be, like, totally inappropriate but...when has that ever stopped me (us?)?! :D

I can almost gaaaahrantee that he never goes down on her. AND that he rarely if ever lets her go down on him. STRICTLY missionary, in keeping with the dictastes of Xian decency. :wink:

Whaddaya think?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
SandChigger wrote:And, like, who else thinks Nebby is in need of, like, a serious shtooping? I don't get it, his "girl" looks kinda hot in their MySpace pic. :lol:
I don't think he could handle it. He probably cries afterward because of how in love he is. I doubt she'd ever mention needs that she needs fulfilled out of fear that his beliefs would make her a naughty girl and he'd have to send her off to church for counseling. :roll:
:lol: :lol:

Those damn French! Always making love to each other with their faces!

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

French? :shock:

I thought they were Indonesian (her) and Indonesian-Dutch (him)...with a touch of orangutan in there somewhere?

("Touching the orang"...sounds kinda naughty, wot? But maybe it's not just an expression. I never really did follow the story about how his father ended up in the hospital over Xmas....)

Btw, anyone know if you can get orangutan pelt blankets anywhere? :twisted:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Its just a quote from a movie.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Now THAT was funny! Probably WEEPS, you mean?

OK, this is going to be, like, totally inappropriate but...when has that ever stopped me (us?)?! :D

I can almost gaaaahrantee that he never goes down on her. AND that he rarely if ever lets her go down on him. STRICTLY missionary, in keeping with the dictastes of Xian decency. :wink:

Whaddaya think?
He probably wouldn't want to plunge into the delta of venus, and as for her giving him head, I can't imagine that would happen. He probably thinks that would be "spilling his seed on the ground", and a definite no-no.

I bet they laugh about the time when they were really daring and had sex in broad daylight with the curtains closed one time, or the time they shagged in their car whilst it was still in the garage.

As for that monkey story, Nebby's dad was bitten by an orangutan just before Christmas. :lol:
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

chanilover wrote:
SandChigger wrote:I can almost gaaaahrantee that he never goes down on her. AND that he rarely if ever lets her go down on him. STRICTLY missionary, in keeping with the dictastes of Xian decency. :wink:

Whaddaya think?
He probably wouldn't want to plunge into the delta of venus, and as for her giving him head, I can't imagine that would happen. He probably thinks that would be "spilling his seed on the ground", and a definite no-no.

I bet they laugh about the time when they were really daring and had sex in broad daylight with the curtains closed one time, or the time they shagged in their car whilst it was still in the garage.
I completely agree with your "spilling the seed" analysis. I'll bet that he takes out his horrible guilt for masturbation out on his wife and thinks she's even naughtier than he is. He must have a certain amount of comtempt for her. He probably thinks that he saved her from a life of sin somehow.

And Chanilover, there is no fucking way they've ever done it outside of a dark bedroom.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Who's Nebby? :)
Omphalos wrote:Its just a quote from a movie.
Michael Mann and Daniel Day-Lewis = cinematic gold. Love that film :)

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:I don't get it, his "girl" looks kinda hot in their MySpace pic. :lol:
Hottness does not always equal freakiness. It's very frustrating.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:
chanilover wrote:
SandChigger wrote:I can almost gaaaahrantee that he never goes down on her. AND that he rarely if ever lets her go down on him. STRICTLY missionary, in keeping with the dictastes of Xian decency. :wink:

Whaddaya think?

I completely agree with your "spilling the seed" analysis. I'll bet that he takes out his horrible guilt for masturbation out on his wife and thinks she's even naughtier than he is. He must have a certain amount of comtempt for her. He probably thinks that he saved her from a life of sin somehow.

And Chanilover, there is no fucking way they've ever done it outside of a dark bedroom.
I asked him at Arrakeen if he believed in birth control, don't know if he answered but I can guess.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:Who's Nebby? :)
When we were on DN he went by the handle William Smitts. Hes a morally uptight rube who posts on DN and Arrakeen. He writes probably the second worst fanfic, after suicide-boy Seru King, and has a serious stick up his ass about the BG. He was fun for a time, but now hes pretty boring. Although he seems to hate SC now, and watching him get his panties in a wad over what SC says can give a few moments of entertainement.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh, I remember that guy! He was on Arrakeen talking all this shit about the Bene Gesserit. Yeah, he did have something up his ass. He was "trying" to present his arguments against the BG as some high moral stance and all that resulted was giving everyone the impression he was a male chauvinist. I can remember all kinds of crap he posted in that thread on Arrakeen and as I was reading I'd be shaking my head, saying to myself; "No, that's wrong. Nope, that's bollocks. Where the hell did he get that from? No, that's more BS. Ah, to hell with it, I'm done reading this tripe."

That creep is married? Gawd, where the hell did he find a woman that would tolerate his sickening misogyny? :shock:
Last edited by GamePlayer on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

It's not too hard about 70% of the female population will put up with all kinds of crap.

Rob

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Robspierre wrote:It's not too hard about 70% of the female population will put up with all kinds of crap.

Rob
It must be love!

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I think it was Carlos Mencia I heard say that people don't get married out of love, they settle for someone who will put up with their crap.

~Leto II, God Emperor
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Freakzilla wrote:I think it was Carlos Mencia I heard say that people don't get married out of love, they settle for someone who will put up with their crap.
Straight women have much lower standards than gay guys. When it comes to settling down with your partner, women will put up with all sorts of shit. Gay guys have a shopping list of do's and don'ts as long as your arm. :lol:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Back to topic,

Ugh, I just checked and I have access. But what a shitty site it feels like now. I did my changes, and thought for a moment about sending Hymaintenance a PM that said "Wow, you really did a great job fucking this place up," but she isn't worth the time.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:Ugh, I just checked and I have access.
Just in time. The place is really jumping today! :roll:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I think I found a handful of new messages. Looks like Freak and Chig are the only ones over there (besides Hymaintenance and troll) who are posting.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Hymaintenance! :lol: I prefer Hyp-ocrite.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Just let it die. It's the humane thing to do.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Nope. Sorry. Instinctive response here:

See corpse, beat with stick.

:D
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Hehe, I'm with ya chig. I may be stuck with it; I'm pissing Byron off and may be joining the likes of chig and phaedrus soon :D
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

There is worse company one could keep. :D
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Speaking of which, I see that fuckhead (Arnoldo) is back with a vengence. :twisted:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I completely deleted Arrakeen off of my header of daily sites to visit. Every time I go I feel dirty afterwards. What a dump. It just looks like dirt.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, Hyppo seems determined to let Arnoldo and Byron stay around, and I'm not much interested in sharing space with either, so....

Looks like I'll be spending more time here or hassling Xians over on the Amazon forums. :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

arnoldo is trolling again? What a bore.

And I got the old Dune Dud to engage me in an e-mail about him abandoning threads mid-way through an argument. He did it to me again there.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Cheers, wink wink.

I guess I'm going to take my "blinders" off and go see what's up at Arrakeen. (Didn't wake the computer last night after I got home, and I'm just hooking up the coffee IV, so I haven't been back since the "chain" comment to Hyppo yesterday evening. No doubt I'll have a PM waiting for me. Her and her PMS...er, I mean, PMs.)

Addendum:

Well, that wasn't worth the effort.

Surprisingly, no PMs!
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Not that anyone is probably particularly interested or anything, but "troll" is evidently a bad word on Arrakeen (too?) now.

If you type "troll", it gets replaced with "Irwin".

I'm impressed. :roll:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: Why the fuck do you bother with that place anymore? It's clearly dead. Any site which takes censorship that far deserves to die.

Face it, the Irwins have taken over the asylum. Is "dried up spinster" banned as well? :lol:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

You will never know how glad I am that I can still read your wicked take on things here.

Oh. Well. I guess I just told you, didn't I? ;)

(I'm not particularly proud of having taken a similar—albeit a wee bit more subtle?—tack in one of my own responses today. But if it cut there was no crying out.)
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

I've never seen a pissy mood last this long over there. She single-handedly killed that place.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I admit, I wasn't at Arrakeen long enough to get myself worked up over it's imminent demise, but I was really disappointed with the total denial that there was a problem. It didn't take any amount of intelligence to figure out the forum was in trouble. Almost from the day I joined I could tell the forum needed help.

But few seemed to acknowledge these problems and I got the general impression most were writing off complaints as nonsense, particularly Hyppo. She seemed totally oblivious to everything and when I'd post concerns, she'd give the internet equivalent of a blank stare. She'd ask I fully explain my concerns, as if she had no clue or as though my original posts were somehow indecipherable. Then I'd spend an hour writing a 1,500 word essay at a grade 5 level to help explain only for the whole post to be ignored.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. By the time arnoldo had been invited and/or permitted to join, the writing was on the wall. A pity for certain, the forum could have been fun.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I agree, GamePlayer. So much potential there after the clearances at DN. All wasted for one admin's weird psychosis. Oh well.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

I had a post deleted over there today for writing something about sacrificing Arrakeen for arnoldo. Now I can't remember how I phrased it. Nothing that should've been deleted though. I'm going over to de-friend her on myspace.
:evil:
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I thought she was gonna back off moderating for a while.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:I thought she was gonna back off moderating for a while.
She comes and goes like Nekhrun does.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

A question for Freak & Crys: Is she running any of this stuff past you guys or anyone or just doing it all on her own?

Have you asked her about any of it? (Putting troll on the "bad word" list was completely uncalled for IMO.)

If not, are you hesitant to cross her out of concern that she might threaten to quit, leaving more admin shtuff for others to do?

Just wondering.

(Also, can one of you open the board back up to the public. If you google Arrakeen now, the result reads:
Arrakeen->Log In. **Breaking News**. The following errors were found:. The board administrator requires all members to log in ...
You know that's going to discourage visitors. The Herbert witchhunts, the original reason for closing access, are seemingly over. The only reason for keeping the board closed now is to keep out people who never or no longer have accounts (ChaniL)...or who were temporarily banned, like Omph.)
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:A question for Freak & Crys: Is she running any of this stuff past you guys or anyone or just doing it all on her own?
Not recently since I told her what I thought.
Have you asked her about any of it? (Putting troll on the "bad word" list was completely uncalled for IMO.)
I've been in Ft. Myers for the past few days, this is all news to me.
If not, are you hesitant to cross her out of concern that she might threaten to quit, leaving more admin shtuff for others to do?
When she does ask I honelstly tell her what I think. I'm not worried about it anymore really. She and arnoldo can have it. I can figure out how to approve new members and stuff like that, what the place needs is a search feature and a new skin that isn't baby shit brown. She keeps saying that she's working on it but...
Just wondering.

(Also, can one of you open the board back up to the public. If you google Arrakeen now, the result reads:
Arrakeen->Log In. **Breaking News**. The following errors were found:. The board administrator requires all members to log in ...
You know that's going to discourage visitors. The Herbert witchhunts, the original reason for closing access, are seemingly over. The only reason for keeping the board closed now is to keep out people who never or no longer have accounts (ChaniL)...or who were temporarily banned, like Omph.)
I'm sure I could figure it out. But why bother. I say let it die. I'll get back to this later, I just got back in town and have to do a little work.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Tleilax Master B

Let Arrakeen die Freak??? Are you actually that fed up? I guess I'm just surprised because you have been somewhat neutral about it all (although, I'm certain you have had strong opinions in PMs and the like).

Is there any reason why we aren't summarizing all of our complaints and sending it in an email to Baron? Asking him to remove her as admin (or downgrade her or something) seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to attempt, and he is the site owner, correct?
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleilax Master B wrote:Let Arrakeen die Freak??? Are you actually that fed up?
Yes.
I guess I'm just surprised because you have been somewhat neutral about it all (although, I'm certain you have had strong opinions in PMs and the like).
Believe me, there is discussion between the admins there. It's gotten to where I dread going there in fear of seeing who called who what name or some other such nonsense.
Is there any reason why we aren't summarizing all of our complaints and sending it in an email to Baron? Asking him to remove her as admin (or downgrade her or something) seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to attempt, and he is the site owner, correct?
I was going to email him just to make sure he's aware of what's going on but if y'all would like to compile a list of grievances I'll try to make sure he gets it. That would save me some time.

I have enough drama in my life, I don't need that crap. I've been busy with work and family lately and not been able to put much time into Arrakeen. But things won't always be that way.

~Leto II, God Emperor
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:I have enough drama in my life, I don't need that crap.
That would summarize nicely the reasons for my departure :)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, she's deleted several of my comments, calling them "spam", and sent me one of her PMS. I considered emailing Baron when I was on my rampage last night, but figured if he's too busy to be active, he's probably not terribly concerned, so why bother him.

I'm sure there's a lot there that's interesting that I haven't come across yet (but good luck finding it!), but if participating there means having to deal with Her Highness The Regent, I think I'll pass from now on.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

She is deleting you now? You gotta be kidding me. I wonder if she even realizes the damage she is gonna do to that site.

Tleilax Master B

I don't know if she doesn't realize or doesn't give a fuck.

A few complaints I have include:
Making the word "troll" spam is just ridiculous.
Locking down threads because she didn't like the discussion is out-of-line as well IMHO.
Telling people to be nice and then running around and posting "snarky" (I hate that fucking word BTW) comments--IOW, the "are you wearing the admin hate or not" complaint.
Telling people not to post anything about 'Keen elsewhere but railing on dunenovels is a huge double standard.
Banning chanilover and Omphalos (while letting that pathetic little troll arnie continue).
Deleting posts.
Deleting the banner that Omphalos had the 36,000 post cuz she was angry that day.

Those are just a few of the complaints I have.....
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

After she called Nebiros' and my comments "spam" last night, I got pissed and replied, so she deleted my two comments and hers between them.

I forgot to thank you, Freak, for responding to my questions earlier; sorry. Re this, though:
Freakzilla wrote:Believe me, there is discussion between the admins there. It's gotten to where I dread going there in fear of seeing who called who what name or some other such nonsense.
Am I misreading or are you saying the admins are calling each other names? :shock:
Tleilax Master B

Surely Crysknife is siding with you Freak; I just can't see him agreeing with her.....
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I'll bet he meant Hymaintenance was bitching about what one user called another.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:...are you saying the admins are calling each other names? :shock:
:lol: no!

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:I'll bet he meant Hymaintenance was bitching about what one user called another.
Something like that.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleilax Master B wrote:Surely Crysknife is siding with you Freak; I just can't see him agreeing with her.....
I'll let Crys speak for himself. I've said far too much on the topic as it is and I'm sure it will only cause me more drama.

:(

~Leto II, God Emperor
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Someone call pest control, because the drama llama is coming to town!
"It means ruin to choose to think for oneself if one can't think." -Jens Bjorneboe
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Tleilax Master B wrote:Surely Crysknife is siding with you Freak; I just can't see him agreeing with her.....
For the record, I think Freak and I are squarely on the same side. I can't stand Hyp anymore. Freak and I have had a few conversations about her going back at least a year.

In my own case, about 8 months ago I requested to be demoted to a mod position(or regular member) so I didn't have to deal with her crap anymore, but I was talked out of it. I just see her as the senior Admin, but that doesn't mean I agree with her. I've voiced my concerns with her but nothing seems to sink into her thick head. I know who she is in RL, and I think she has nothing better to do.

I've sent emails to Baron without any response, so he's either given up, never checks his emails, or he's dead, who knows? The only other options are to take the board by force, or ask Hyp to step down. I just haven't made a decision yet, if I even want to. I'm not to the point of letting it die, but I'm close.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: I'm convinced the deranged old bat is mentally unstable.

Add this to the smilies at that dump -

If you're compiling a shitlist, you can add -

- refusing to acknowledge the difference between her opinion and fact
- goading me into arguing with her and switching off my account after I said I wasn't interested in her site. It's probably classed as the online version of constructive dismissal
- lying to me about a complaint she claimed to have received which she didn't
- being an arsehole
- refusing to discuss her deletion of a link to another site which she deemed was inappropriate which was a UK TV station. It would be the equivalent of deleting a link to CBS because of "inappropriate content"
- refusing to apologise for a stupid gay comment she made

She should be banned, just like she was banned from here. She thrives on her online dramatics, though. I think the most humane thing would be to allow her to shrivel away in her dead forum, along with her pet IRWIN Arnoloco.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:along with her pet IRWIN Arnoloco.
Gots ta get me one of those. :P

(Used to have one, but it seems to have disappeared.)

(snort)
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: She's such a fucking GEEK!

"Hmm, now how shall I solve the problem of trolling? I know, I'll BAN the word troll!"

Fucking dipshit. I thought she was being deliberately obtuse, but I think she is genuinely as dumb as pigshit.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Hoary Shit! Hoary Tales! :shock:

Click
Last edited by Mr. Teg on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narf!
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

She attempted to ban trolling on the boards by actually banning the word "troll"? That has to be the most naive thing I've ever heard an "adult" do. SHe might as well have put up a banner at the top of the website saying "Please do not troll the boards" for all the good that rule will do.

*smacks forehead*

:roll:

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Yeah, Sandchigger mentioned it. Apparently if you type "troll" on Arrakeen now, it gets replaced with "Irwin" :lol:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Do you suppose that she is pleased now because arnoldo is safe from verbal assault?

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh yes, that'll solve the problem :roll:

Fucking "Irwin". I think the target audience for that website just dropped to pre-teen.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Do you suppose that she is pleased now because arnoldo is safe from verbal assault?
What goes on in her head is god's own private mystery. :?

I don't know what that was supposed to solve, I don't think I even want to hear it.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

GamePlayer wrote:Fucking "Irwin".
Apparently a "Vibrating Irwin" :D
Narf!
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

You know, for someone who probably has a pink haired troll on the end of every pencil she owns, you think her mind would be more open to the use of that word.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Mr. Teg wrote:Hoary Shit! Hoary Tales! :shock:

Click
Haha! Someone's gonna be mad.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

That story is hilarious. I've just written another bit of fanfic - I'll put it in the reviews section.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

:shock: OK... I'm going to go read Dune now...

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Uh-oh...mail just came in and I've got a PM on 'Keen from you-know-who, entitled "DYOR".

Obviously something about my response to her question about US draft candidates.

(I mean, like, google once in a while for fook's sake.)

Seriously, I took it as an attempt to engage The Irwin in a public exchange-of-info dialogue, so later she can say (like Byron), "Ooh, but look how helpful he is!"

Anyway, I'm off now to see what's up over there. Wish me luck! :P
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

"DYOR?" Do your own research? I thought you answered a question? Im obviously missing something.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, she asked a question and I responded:

"DYOR: ...(wikipedia link)..."

It was perceived as a "rude" response...so I haven't lost the touch entirely. ;)
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Someone shoot that place and put it oot of its misery.

Rob

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

How could you be so rude? You should know better! :roll: :lol:

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Omphalos wrote:How could you be so rude? You should know better! :roll: :lol:
What is she going to do? SIck her cats on me?

Rob

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Um...I think that was aimed at me, Rob, but your reply put some odd but vivid images into my head. :shock:

"More fun than a hissy of cats in a manskirt!" being one of the more disturbing ones. :P
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Sorry, she asked a question and I responded:

"DYOR: ...(wikipedia link)..."

It was perceived as a "rude" response...so I haven't lost the touch entirely. ;)
Hasn't she choked on a furball yet?
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

^^^ I'm glad I hadn't just taken a drink and had a mouthful when I saw that. :lol:

Um...no. We've actually been civil (sort of) today.

I take it she hasn't been to Hoary Tales or peeked here yet.

Since she's also on Hoary Tales, it would be REALLY funny if she decides to strike back at Bijaz...and you after you repost your oevre there.

I LOVE catfights. Meorrrrr. Phphphphth! :D
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Robspierre wrote:Someone shoot that place and put it out of its misery.

Rob
Wise word to live by.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

So...evidently someone is being considered for the honor of following Chanilover in being banned by The Regent. And I have been asked if I want to be third.

My offense? Being abusive and bullying people.

:roll:
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Who is even on that website to bully and abuse? arnoldo? Who cares if he's abused and bullied? He's a troll that inflicts the same upon everyone else via different methods. I guess window dressing counts for everything when the site admin is a brainless bint.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Arnoldo is her pet project now, it seems. She wants to reform him.

He's really trying harder now to fit in, yet all we do is greet his every effort with abuse and insults.

I came up with a list of four people that I have devoted special attention to: Byron, Arnoldo, Nebiros, and Martian Bob. I told her that none of them are at Arrakeen because they wish the site well, especially the first two.

The only other person I can remember being less than pleasant to was ARCH back a few months ago when she was whining on and on about her language and culture being endangered. I realize the people there have been through hell and back, but her post read, to me, like she was thinking of giving up on everything. To be blunt about it, she reminded me of SeruK anus when he was doing his suicide routine. So I kinda told her to lay down and die or do something to preserve what she thought was being lost. (I think I suggested making babies.) That got a PM from her Highness as well.

At this point, I'm not particularly bothered either way. I haven't put in as much time over on Arrakeen as I did on DN. Getting kicked off a sinking ship could actually be viewed as a kindness almost.

But you gotta love her new avatar, no? To die for.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

So, the Baron has given Hyp my last email(not in Hyp's favor to be sure :wink: ), and she has proceeded to tell me she is taking away my Admin status, so at least we know who the Baron is backing. Freak, you might want to hold off on that email.

Add one more that has been ran off by that micromanaging &*%$.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Wow, the fucking site sank, it's in pieces and lead weights are falling upon the debris, but she wants to reform arnoldo. It's like tragic comedy over there.

I don't visit Arrakeen SC. You'll have to describe the avatar or post a picture.
Crysknife wrote:So, the Baron has given Hyp my last email(not in Hyp's favor to be sure :wink: ), and she has proceeded to tell me she is taking away my Admin status, so at least we know who the Baron is backing. Freak, you might want to hold off on that email.

Add one more that has been ran off by that micromanaging &*%$.
And the body count just keeps rising. If there was any doubt before that Hyppo was fucked up (which there wasn't) firing her staff has now etched her stupidity in stone.

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

So, I just found out that the Baron didn't give her my message, she opened it up herself from inside the Admin board. Let me make this clear, she opened up a clearly PERSONAL email without permission. Well that's my fault for emailing(not PM) through the board, but she shouldn't have opened it. FUCK!
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

That's it, I'm going after Arnaldo, Full Whisky and FRAK the torpedo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Crysknife wrote:So, I just found out that the Baron didn't give her my message, she opened it up herself from inside the Admin board. Let me make this clear, she opened up a clearly PERSONAL email without permission. Well that's my fault for emailing(not PM) through the board, but she shouldn't have opened it. FUCK!
The way I see it, it's win-win for you. The fact that she opened your personal messages merely confirms her own mental problems.

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

GamePlayer wrote:
Crysknife wrote:So, I just found out that the Baron didn't give her my message, she opened it up herself from inside the Admin board. Let me make this clear, she opened up a clearly PERSONAL email without permission. Well that's my fault for emailing(not PM) through the board, but she shouldn't have opened it. FUCK!
The way I see it, it's win-win for you. The fact that she opened your personal messages merely confirms her own mental problems.
I must agree. In a way I feel liberated. The day(night) suddenly looks brighter. :D I wonder how fast I can get banned from Arrakeen. Oh I am looking forward to this!!
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I just checked the members list over there, and she's already demoted you. Didn't waste any time, did she?

I assume there was no discussion of this decision, either.

Oh, yeah, GamePlayer, just for you:

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Yup, she's the fastest micromanager in the west. I mean, you guys aren't surprised anymore with how fast she jumps on every single conversation are you? She's a virtual one woman moderating machine.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

By the way, what reason did she give you for the demotion?
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

She didn't take too kindly to the email I sent Byron. But I did say in my email that I would be leaving if something wasn't done about her. so I guess I asked for it.

She gave me the option of a mod spot, and I told her to shove it.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Here's her latest:
Re:Out of control admins, Jan 27 2008, 01:53 PM
Anyway, some time I'll tell you about a forum where the admin is so paranoid that he won't even let the members use the PM system or post links to offboard sites
I'd much rather hear about an admin who opens up PMs and mail addressed to others.

Is it true? What possible justification could there be for an act like that?
And finally, yes, I do consult the other Staff regarding punishments.
Really? Did you consult with Baron or anyone else on demoting Crysknife? What was the reason for the demotion?
Crysknife himself said he no longer wanted to be an admin. I have not seen anybody else's PMs but those I wrote, those written to me, or those forwarded to me.

As for the rest... I expected Crysknife wouldn't be able to keep from telling you. But when Staff members make threats to hijack the board away from other Staff (specifically the Staff member who actually does most of the work), that justifies taking steps to know what is going on. And Baron has been informed -- by me.

Don't get so high-horse, SandChigger. I am aware of everything that's publicly readable at Omphalos' forum and I have seen Bijaz' garbage at your 'hoary tales' blog. I know about the talk of 'can't Crysknife and Freakzilla just take the board away from me, or talk Baron into kicking me out...' The support forums are full of stories similar to this, where some members have turned against other members, the Staff get involved, and next thing you know, the board is trashed. Well, I have no intention of allowing that to happen here. You have your places where you can do what you want, insult and attack people, post all kinds of profanity and gutter filth. Why do you feel the need to turn Arrakeen into that kind of place as well?
So, she's obviously denying having opened your mail, Crys. Have you heard anything at all from Baron? Could he have forwarded it to her?

Anyway, Hyppo, I have no idea why you think I want to trash Arrakeen. But by all means return it to the peaceful admin paradise it used to be, with 13athroom posting fascinating pics of aquarium worms and ARCH windging about how she hates English and the American influence, blah blah blah. And especially have fun with Byron and crazy-ass Bob (if he ever finds the balls to show up again). And good luck with your pet project of reforming "The Irwin".

I've cleaned out my PM boxes, so you can delete my account anytime. Knock yourself out.
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Someone pull the trigger please!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

So, she's obviously denying having opened your mail, Crys. Have you heard anything at all from Baron? Could he have forwarded it to her?
Yeah, she only told me AFTER I mentioned that she should tell Baron to kiss my ass for handing out private emails(something Hyp has gotten mad at when others do it to her). I told her I would tell Baron that personaly. She then told me she opened the email on her own. I told her that I hope she respects other people in the future.

:lol:

When is Hyp ever wrong?

BTW Hyp, you can do all the work you want on a board, but if you're a total tyrant, none of that work matters. You jump on everything! It amazes me that you have enough time in the day to reply to so many mundane and petty offenses.

Were you smacked in the hands with yard sticks as a kid if your poems didn't rhyme?

Jeez...
Last edited by Crysknife on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

She seems bi-polar. Someone must of taken her meds :P

Rob

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

The crazy bitch has temporarily banned me again, until February 25th. Who the fuck does she think she is kidding? The ONLY reason I went back was to fling muck. And the last time I went, the following thread was taken down, I suspect before Hymaintenance could see it. Well....let's just let it serve as an:

OPEN LETTER TO ARRAKEEN:

Dear Crazy woman:

Well, you have finally managed to ostracize almost everyone who supported you at all. I admit that I wanted to rock you boat and watch you fall in to an enormous puddle of poo and drown in it. But I also tried to restrain myself out of respect for others who had to put up with your crap. Now that you seem to violate the trusts of those who really have done nothing at all to you, I really care not a whit. So, you and I traded messages a bit a few days ago. Here is the last post I put up. I suspect you never saw it. Please, please, please, ban me you crazy cunt. If you don't, I will be back on the 25th, and you will not like me being there.

Omphalos wrote:
Hyppo wrote:
Omphalos wrote:

Topic: This Place Sure is Hoppin'!

Congratulations, Hyppo. You single-handedly managed to save this place from people like me. Just as an aside, are you enjoying the conversation now?

BTW, I reported a thread a few weeks ago, but never heard back about what was to be done with the violator. Any news on that?

Hello?

Hello?

Anybody here?

Guess not!
What, this place isn't "hoppin'" enough for you because we haven't yet reached the next 1000-post milestone?

Then by all means, I shall inject some hopping.

(OK, OK! I put that one in! Don't you just love it?)

I enjoy conversations that I find interesting and that don't require moderating due to spam and flaming.

It's not usual custom to report back on decisions taken about reported threads. However, if you're still upset about it, feel free to report it again.
No. Its not hopping because you have chased away everyone. Is that still not obvious even to you?

BTW. There you go, crazy cat lady, promising to do something about threads that get reported, then changing your mind when the wind blows a different direction.

Can you answer me a question honestly? All kidding and ribbing and jibes aside, I really would like a direct answer. Yes or no, are you proud that you have killed this website?

And if you are so inclined, do you enjoy the fact that not even the other admins defend you? That you and arnoldo are on your own here?

Because I cant imagine that there is too much to do up in Red Deer in the winter. Besides, of course, argue with the Canadian government about how they are now responsible for your dear old dad, and you no longer are. You must be a strong person to have that argument with the mighty government. Anyway, I can only imagine that you are trying to make this place as desolate and bleak as your own physical surroundings. Or perhaps just like how you really feel inside, as a person and all?

Anyway, good luck. Ive noticed in the past that it really takes quite a bit of concentrated effort to really kill an interesting web site. Congratulations on your efforts being realized. Ill check in from time to time to see how the death throes are going. Hey, maybe I will come join some of your other forums? Dont you have ones for unicorns and those little "Irwins" with a shock of pink hair that go on the ends of pencils? Watch for me!
Last edited by Omphalos on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

SandChigger wrote:Oh, yeah, GamePlayer, just for you:

Gawd...how did I know it was going to be something completely without taste. I'm having nightmares of shag throw rugs and heart shaped bars of soap.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:Yeah, she only told me AFTER I mentioned that she should tell Baron to kiss my ass for handing out private emails(something Hyp has gotten mad at when others do it to her). I told her I would tell Baron that personaly. She then told me she opened the email on her own. I told her that I hope she respects other people in the future.

When is Hyp ever wrong?
So she lied to Chig, then admitted it to you? What a commendable way of handling it. Well....I guess that we already knew that she was a liar after she said that people had been complaining about CL's sig.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I told you all along that she was lurking on here, because if one thing is clear, she has no life whatsoever.

Still, the avatar is a glorious piece of kitsch. Is that how she sees herself in her deranged mind? Fancy alienating the site's most active and Dune-savvy members, because they didn't play the way she wants to.

Retarded fucking hick. You're bound to be reading this, I wrote some fanfic called The Box which is here in the Book Reviews or Fiction Link section - could you check it for spelling and grammar mistakes, please? As for describing the piece on SC's blog as 'gutter', I think 'gutter' is probably a more accurate description of your morals. Liar.

So now Arrakeen is to be only filled with people who meet your approval and who share your interests and approach to discussions. I.E, no one. A bit like real life. Who the fuck is ARCH anyway?

You may see yourself as a fairy princess with glittering stars, but I think the following picture is probably closer to the truth -

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Just to be accurate, I think I misread this (the bold part) earlier:
As for the rest... I expected Crysknife wouldn't be able to keep from telling you. But when Staff members make threats to hijack the board away from other Staff (specifically the Staff member who actually does most of the work), that justifies taking steps to know what is going on. And Baron has been informed -- by me.
So she was admitting that she had read the mail and reported it to Baron herself.

Still, making noises about something on another site (venting, male thang) and actually trying to stage a coup are two different things, if you ask me.

When you think about it, she has taken punitive action against Crys (and in a way, Omph) for something said on another site.

HOW VERY BYRON OF HER. How very hypocritical, after all that righteous indignation (just posturing, after all?) back in August over the DN rules and banning people over things they post on other sites. I guess things are different when it's your own prerogatives that are endangered, huh.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

HOW VERY BYRON OF HER. How very hypocritical, after all that righteous indignation (just posturing, after all?) back in August over the DN rules and banning people over things they post on other sites. I guess things are different when it's your own prerogatives that are endangered, huh.

Narf!
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

She has turned up at Worm's SF Haven again. No doubt to present herself as a target to make me look like a tool when I attack her.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Just to be accurate, I think I misread this (the bold part) earlier:
So she was admitting that she had read the mail and reported it to Baron herself.

Still, making noises about something on another site (venting, male thang) and actually trying to stage a coup are two different things, if you ask me.

When you think about it, she has taken punitive action against Crys (and in a way, Omph) for something said on another site.

Except for this little blurb of hers that you posted earlier, where she denies it:
Hymaintenance wrote:Crysknife himself said he no longer wanted to be an admin. I have not seen anybody else's PMs but those I wrote, those written to me, or those forwarded to me.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: She fucking thrives on the drama, sad old sow. I liked the bit where she dramatically announced that she is aware of what is being discussed here, like she's caught us out. Dumb bitch, I posted all your arsey PMs BECAUSE I knew you lurk here. Fucking hell, she is even more thick than I thought.

And what's all this shit about a coup at Arrakeen? It's not her site, she's just admin like Freakzilla and formerly, Crysknife. This sorry little episode on that festering TUMOUR of a site is like a company where two managers feel another manager is having a destructive effect on the business and try to report it to their superiors, but the destructive HICK manager intercepts and hijacks their attempt to have her removed. For all her preaching at other people for their "sickening" and "disgusting" words and behaviour, this cunt has the morals of an alley cat. Lying toady, crawling to her boss at Arrakeen. What a snivelling arselicker.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Well.. so far she isn't causing any trouble there. I have no idea if she has private conversations with Worm though. I think he'd probably choose to stay out of any problems with other boards. We didn't even want to get involved with the DN problems.

On a side note.. if you don't feel like your emails from Arrakeen are getting through to Baron because of Hyp's interference you can use the email feature through Haven :wink: KillerMouse.. I guarantee your communications won't be tampered with or read by anyone but yourself and the person you send it to.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mr. Teg wrote:Image
This is just too damn funny!

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

chanilover wrote:I liked the bit where she dramatically announced that she is aware of what is being discussed here, like she's caught us out.
What? She was a member here for crying out loud. She even showed up and was supposed to interact normally, that is until she got herself banned. When she arrived, no one here did a 180 under some false pretense. No one changed their opinions just because she showed her face. Ergo, no member here was the least bit guilty about what they had said of her, because (surprise, surprise) it was all true. And up until she was banned, everyone here appeared willing to accommodate her, myself included.

What a total head case. It's rare to encounter someone so completely removed from common sense. She is actually under the delusion some organized uprising exists and that Arrakeen is being attacked by a terrorist insurgency of former DN alumni.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can speak for myself; get a fucking clue Hyppo. I left because your website was dead, it was organized like a junk drawer and your heavy-handed moderation polices sucked.

No other reason
That's it
Game over
End of line

Grow the fuck up. :roll:

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Well.. I think it's kinda weird that she suddenly showed up at Haven, and I'll be keeping an eye on her. I recommend just ignoring her, because if any of you start shit with her you'll be seen as the bad guy for bringing up drama from another site. If she's ignored she'll go away.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Well.. I think it's kinda weird that she suddenly showed up at Haven, and I'll be keeping an eye on her. I recommend just ignoring her, because if any of you start shit with her you'll be seen as the bad guy for bringing up drama from another site. If she's ignored she'll go away.
I sent a note to Worm basically letting him know what is up, and telling him I would just leave it alone there.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Yeah, I let him know what's going on as well.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

On a side note.. if you don't feel like your emails from Arrakeen are getting through to Baron because of Hyp's interference you can use the email feature through Haven KillerMouse.. I guarantee your communications won't be tampered with or read by anyone but yourself and the person you send it to.
Thank you Nint*bows humbly*. I really should visit there more often.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

We've missed you over there Crys!
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Mandy wrote:We've missed you over there Crys!
Thank you, it's good to know I'm missed somewhere :wink:

And now that Arrakeen is compramised, I now walk the sands alone, but blind I am not!
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Don't lose hope yet.. she can't take the spirit of the place away from you guys. Build a new Dune forum.. if you build it they will come :) Use better software! lol. I think Jacurutu would be a cool name.. you are the cast out.
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Mandy wrote:Don't lose hope yet.. she can't take the spirit of the place away from you guys. Build a new Dune forum.. if you build it they will come :) Use better software! lol. I think Jacurutu would be a cool name.. you are the cast out.
Excellent idea! I've wanted to do something like this for a while, and now maybe I have my chance.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I take it no one has heard anything from Baron yet on any of this?

Jacurutu?

I gots webspace. ;)

(Reminds me: in my error log files I noticed someone in the Netherlands probing around my site for directories labeled "forum" and "bbs" and "phpbb" and such...like they might be there but not linked to publicly. Made me laugh at the time. ... :D )
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Crysknife wrote:Excellent idea! I've wanted to do something like this for a while, and now maybe I have my chance.
Sorry...posted before I saw this. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder! :)
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Mandy wrote:Well.. I think it's kinda weird that she suddenly showed up at Haven, and I'll be keeping an eye on her. I recommend just ignoring her, because if any of you start shit with her you'll be seen as the bad guy for bringing up drama from another site. If she's ignored she'll go away.
Weird indeed. Her last post over there before today was at the end of November...then suddenly three?

I love it. :P
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I really think you guys could make the best Dune website.. out of all the Dune fanatics online you all have the best senses of humor and the most knowledge about the books. I've lurked at several of the existing forums and none of them are that great. I wonder what it is about Dune that attracts the fruitcakes? I don't know shit about the technical side of running a site, so I can be pretty forgiving of crappy software, but I hate goderators. Anyway I hope you guys carry on the spirit of Arrakeen somewhere.

In the meantime I think everyone who still isn't banned should use this picture as an avatar, :P

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I had just googled "picture of disgusting bird" and picked my new avatar when I found out I was banned again.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Mandy wrote: In the meantime I think everyone who still isn't banned should use this picture as an avatar, :P
I tried, but it didn't work. :x
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I think I'm going to ban myself from there and never go back.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well...I still haven't been deleted, it seems.

Just peeked in and she's making mouthnoises about changing the skin.

Basically the same ole song and dance as for the last year or more, no?

Fuck the skin and smileys. Get the board moved to a software installation that WORKS first and then worry about the layout and all that stuff.

She's just putting icing on a shitcake.

Ooh, YUMMY! :roll:
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I have no intention of joining more forums Mandy. My post was mostly to communicate the point to a known lurker.

As for Arrakeen, I've left. With the exception of responding to Ompf's private message, I haven't been back there since my final post sometime in November I believe it was. I will not be going back and I encourage others who have had enough to do the same. Trust me, you'll feel better leaving that moron and her website in the gutter she has dug for it.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

SandChigger wrote:Well...I still haven't been deleted, it seems.

Just peeked in and she's making mouthnoises about changing the skin.

Basically the same ole song and dance as for the last year or more, no?

Fuck the skin and smileys. Get the board moved to a software installation that WORKS first and then worry about the layout and all that stuff.

She's just putting icing on a shitcake.

Ooh, YUMMY! :roll:
Pardon? After all that's happened, I hardly think moving the shitfest site to new software is the answer to any of the problems.

Can I just ask, why do you guys bother going back? Do you honestly think you're missing anything? After being banned and reading this thread, all I seem to be missing are the ramblings of Irwin and the demented rantings of The Hick. The forum is a flop, and you're all just prolonging the misery. As Gameplayer says, just leave the dumb twat to fester in the mess she's made of that dead failure of a forum. Going back just to expose yourself to that pair of cunts surely can't be worth it.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I'm going to continue lurking and occasionally posting at Arrakeen for a couple of simple reasons.

I mean, you never know, something interesting might happen. And I need somewhere to go for a couple more minutes a day before I start clicking the StumbleUpon icon in boredom.
"It means ruin to choose to think for oneself if one can't think." -Jens Bjorneboe
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I'd have to agree with chanilover. In fact, it's all a little concerning, if you ask me. I'm getting the impression the Almost Undeleted is more a bitch club than a real forum. We, myself included, are spending far too much time discussing Arrakeen. I mean, how many of us are still frequenting Dunenovels and Arrakeen? Yes, you don't have to remind me I don't frequent either website, but I'm just trying to make a point using "we" to avoid being too pointed (punny).

We all "leave" Dunenovels to complain about it on Arrakeen

We all "leave" Arrakeen to complain about it on Almost Undeleted

Anyone else sensing a pattern here? Are we going to actually treat this place like a real forum, or is this just a clubhouse to discuss the "DN/Arrakeen/Dune fandom" drama amongst cohorts? I just got through telling our favorite lurker to grow the fuck up. Maybe I should be taking my own advice.

To quote Jerry O'Connell "I just wanna play football" :cry:

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

If I ever go back it will be to lob grenades only.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I don't have any reason to go over there. I joined in the first place because lurking at DN wasn't fun any more after some of my favorite posters were banned.. couldn't just lurk at Arrakeen because it's blocked unless you join. Now that all my favorite DN posters post here I can forget about it.

I'm sure all this will pass.. everyone just has a lot of bullshit to get off their chests. Besides a little internet drama is fun.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm seriously considering starting my own Dune forum.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Tleilax Master B

Bloody hell, another admin is trying to destroy a good dune forum again. What is it with people like Hymaintenance and Byron? It must be a power complex and they can't stand the thought of losing any of it. Yeah, yeah, I know you are reading this Hyppo, and I've complained publicly about your nazi, heavy-handed moderating. 'Keen is NOT your forum, contrary to your belief. If you trick Baron into siding with you, more power to you, but the forum will just dwindle away into obscurity. Why not step down and just enjoy being a member for awhile and turn over your duties to Freak and Crys? Why don't you post a poll or ask for people to to PM you if they want you to step down and we let the masses decide?

I for one would gladly migrate to a Freakzilla or Crysknife started forum. If you guys want me there, don't hesitate to PM or email or post a link here and I will jump ship immediately......
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

See this is what I'm talking about. I thought this place was supposed to be our Dune forum alternative.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I'm working on it. :wink:

Tleilax Master B

GamePlayer wrote:See this is what I'm talking about. I thought this place was supposed to be our Dune forum alternative.
I think it is 'player (hee hee, I shortened your name again :P ), but this is a "members only" kind of club. I enjoy this, and I'm glad we have a place like that. But I guess a certain Tleilaxu part of me also enjoys arguments and debates with preeks, and setting straight newbies who think they know-it-all and are usually dead wrong. I get a certain pleasure out of educating people on the finer points of Dune; and, quite frankly, trashing KJA and debating with his sycophants. I mean, hell, I agree with just about everything Freak and Crys say--where's the pleasure in that :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I could set up a user group where all the newbies get funnelled to join the fray, but only those 20 or so of us who are here now have access to these parts of the forums.

I think I would have to change the name of the fourm again too, so people who stumble across it in a google result know what it is.

I really like the idea of having it here, but at the same time, there is a big chance of this place changing in character if I open it up for just any old scallywag to join. I personally LOVE this place the way it is now, so if this is gonna happen, Id want to think of some way to protect this.

Of course, if we set up a new forum for FH and Dune, then I can keep this one locked down for the OH and we can discuss all the weird little preeks here. :twisted:

Also, there is a certain pride in ownership, as they say. Maybe if a bunch of us are gonna band together to get this done, we should set up a new forum so that not just I own it. Something to think about.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I got the impression that this was more of a general sci-fi forum or I wouldn't even have thought about starting my own, much less mentioning it here.

I too like it the way it is here now, it's got a "invitation only" feel and I'd hate to lose that.

I was kicking around the name "Jacurutu".

~Leto II, God Emperor
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I guess I understand. Perhaps it's just me who needs to adjust.

I don't usually hang around for all the bad stuff anymore. I've been doing the message board thing since I first got on the internet in the late 90s. I've already been through the great dramas and board armageddons, the bannings and trolls and the facist moderator regimes. I guess I've just been there and done that and really just want a place to post about random shit. The drama gets boring when it's the 100th message board that you've been through.

Well, if you guys start up a new board, definitely don't be shy about it. I'll join up and help get conversation going, if I'm still around.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Im excited! A Dune forum, without the usual cast of assholes in charge! Imagine the potential!
....if I'm still around.
Where you goin?

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

All these ideas sound great. I'm with B on this one. It is rather nice to debate against the other side so I think there should be an open Dune forum for all people to join, be it here or another forum.

I also like the idea of a closed off area to discuss the little Preeks :twisted: .

I'm also tired of board jumping and would like to find a place like the Dreamers of Dune board used to be, and I'll help anyway I can.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Freakzilla wrote:
I was kicking around the name "Jacurutu".
Heehee.. we're all thinking the same name even.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

BTW, I'd still mirror the reading group here for back-up. I'm glad you suggested that Omph.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Thanks. Im sure arnoldo will join your fourm and start spouting gibberish in your chapter threads. We'll just keep the pure version here. :wink:

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Thanks. Im sure arnoldo will join your fourm and start spouting gibberish in your chapter threads. We'll just keep the pure version here. :wink:
The hell he will. :x

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Thanks. Im sure arnoldo will join your fourm and start spouting gibberish in your chapter threads. We'll just keep the pure version here. :wink:
The hell he will. :x

Glad to hear it!

Ragabash
The Benefactor

Post by Ragabash »

Whenever I see this topic get bumped, I get that old Europe song 'Cherokee' stuck in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZn4S4y4NII
GLaDOS wrote: This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I really don't think the internet needs yet another Dune forum, it's already stretched too thin. What is needed is a Dune forum which treats its members like adults, rather than naughty little children.

I realy think this place should be it. Open it up but, like Omfartlos said, restrict access to certain parts of it to the invitation-only crew, with the riff-raff only having access to the rest of the forum. The name really should be Jacurutu. I'm sure plenty of Dune fans look that name up on Google to work out what it means. Arrakeen has been killed off by the Hick, this place is perfect to take over. Fuck it, why don't you guys just copy some of the threads from Arrakeen and move them here once you've set up the riff-raff section to get things going. You already have the most active and knowledgeable Dune posters here, and me.
Tleilax Master B

I'm waaaaay ahead of you on that last one CL. I'll be happy to copy some of the old, interesting threads over to whatever new forum we establish.

Sounds like we have a good start on a plan. If we do it here, I really like the idea of the select usergroups with different permissions. Keep sections as selective members only, and then others that are open and free for discussion.

Jacurutu sounds like a great name too! And it should be substantially less censored than the "other" forums.

I would be interested in being an admin or moderator also. I've never done it, but I'm certain I could get up to speed pretty quickly.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

chanilover wrote:You already have the most active and knowledgeable Dune posters here, and me.
Eew, stop that already! It's crrrreeepy when you do humble. :shock:

Go for it. I posted a reply on the Jacurutu thread before reading this one. Count me in, whether you do it here or on a new domain/elsewhere. (And by "count" you can assume the obviou$. ;) )
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freak wants to do his own forum, and I completely understand the rush and excitement from setting one up. I am a little worried that this place will die down a little bit once Freak really gets going, though. But I can understand him wanting something all his own that he alone owns. Plus, he really is the guy to do it. And I cannot imagine a stabler person to be in charge.

Knowledge + stability = longevity, which is the one thing that all Dune forums to date have completely lacked.
Last edited by Omphalos on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:
chanilover wrote:You already have the most active and knowledgeable Dune posters here, and me.
Eew, stop that already! It's crrrreeepy when you do humble. :shock:

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

OK, Internet drama junkies, here's your latest fix, and my swansong on 'Keen:
SandChigger wrote:Odd...the "get new posts" results show the last comment in this thread as having been made by Crysknife.

I definitely remember reading it, in fact. (Anyone else?)

Hmm. What ever could have happened to it?

Or who?
Hyppo wrote:I'm getting the same thing, and thought it was just a problem with my own computer. There's obviously a glitchup somewhere.
(Snip a second comment by me bitching about her concentrating on the skins when there are far more serious problems with the boardware. She posted the above while I was writing it.)
SandChigger wrote:
Hyppo @ Jan 29 2008, 10:05 AM wrote:I'm getting the same thing, and thought it was just a problem with my own computer. There's obviously a glitchup somewhere.
OH, GIVE ME A f**king BREAK.

You deleted his comment, which suggested you be removed as admin.

At least have the integrity to admit it.

So much for free and open discussion on Arrakeen.

Please, delete my account. I'm through with this bulls**t site.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Well, she hasnt gotten any better with that danged "truth" thingie in the last day or so, has she?

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Actually Chig, she's deleted it four times! :lol:

I'm on my way to post it again. What a &*%$.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Freak wants to do his own forum, and I completely understand the rush and excitement from setting one up. I am a little worried that this place will die down a little bit once Freak really gets going, though. But I can understand him wanting something all his own that he alone owns. Plus, he really is the guy to do it. And I cannot imagine a stabler person to be in charge.

Knowledge + stability = longevity, which is the one thing that all Dune forums to date have completely lacked.
:oops: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

But do we really do that much Dune discussion here apart from related internet drama? We could encourage the non-Dune discussion to go here somehow. I really don't want to cause this place to die down. I think this would still be a great club house for the OHs and friends.

I just want a dedicated Dune forum where you aren't censored beyond reason, plus I've always wanted to do one myself to enhance my personal Dune knowledge.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:Actually Chig, she's deleted it four times! :lol:

That's awesome! Keep up the good work, my man!

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Freak wants to do his own forum, and I completely understand the rush and excitement from setting one up. I am a little worried that this place will die down a little bit once Freak really gets going, though. But I can understand him wanting something all his own that he alone owns. Plus, he really is the guy to do it. And I cannot imagine a stabler person to be in charge.

:oops: Thanks for the vote of confidence!

But do we really do that much Dune discussion here apart from related internet drama? We could encourage the non-Dune discussion to go here somehow. I really don't want to cause this place to die down. I think this would still be a great club house for the OHs and friends.

I just want a dedicated Dune forum where you aren't censored beyond reason, plus I've always wanted to do one myself to enhance my personal Dune knowledge.
I know. Im just thinking out loud. I will be a part of both for sure. And Im sure this one wont dry up and go away. Im just voicing something I dont want to happen, but Im sure it wont.

You know though, Ive played with the idea of putting up more Dune content for two months now, and did not do it because 1) I wanted somehting more general; and 2) I was sure someone else was going to do it, cause Keen and DN just were not cutting the mustard. I kind of expected this, and I think its a great idea.
Last edited by Omphalos on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Well, now it seems that I'm on probation and all my posts have to go through Hyp first.

Time to send out PMs. Lots and lots of PMs.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Crysknife wrote:Actually Chig, she's deleted it four times! :lol:

Shit.

All I knew was that I had seen and read it (and had a good chuckle over it).

Well, I won't be going back.

Somebody let me know if she replied or deleted my comments and/if she does as I requested, OK?
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm kind of suprised how little I care.

~Leto II, God Emperor
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Well, whatever is decided, let's make this next forum jump at least semi-permanent. I for one am becoming very tired of joining a new Dune forum every few months. This next one has to stick.
Omphalos wrote:Where you goin?
Nowhere right now. Just leaving the possibility open for anything. Who can predict the future? :)

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Well, whatever is decided, let's make this next forum jump at least semi-permanent. I for one am becoming very tired of joining a new Dune forum every few months.
So am I.
This next one has to stick.
I'll do my damnedest.

~Leto II, God Emperor
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Freakzilla wrote:I'll do my damnedest.
Then I shall do my part as well. Best of luck to us all.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'll do my damnedest.
Then I shall do my part as well. Best of luck to us all.
SO SAY WE ALL!!!

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

LOL :) Classic. I didn't see that coming :)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:Well, now it seems that I'm on probation and all my posts have to go through Hyp first.

Time to send out PMs. Lots and lots of PMs.
What the fuck is up with her? Why doesn't she just ban us all and be done with it? Do you think that she really believes that we will all come back when this blows over and be good little line-toe'rs? That cant be it, so why am I still not banned, after everything Ive done to get banned?

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe you're like...UNDELETABLE?! :D

Byron won't ban you, and now the Hype. Hmmm....

Only thing I can think of is they've both seen your pix and are afraid to piss you off! :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I did get a warning from Merritt finally. And he decided to do it because I told arnoldo he was an ass-hat. What a great way to start my demerits count, huh?

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Would that be an Armored Arnoldo, you think? ;)

That's right, that had slipped my mind.

Well...I've received an email telling me I have a PM from The Regent at 'Keen.

Do I really want to go back just to read it? :roll:

(Did she leave my comment about devoting her precious time to moving the site rather than lipsticking the pig? [Not how I phrased it, of course.])
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Why do you people want yet another Dune forum when you've already got one here? I can't be arsed checking out two or three Dune sites when it can all be here under one roof. Just build on this site, and have different forums for different sci fi stuff, one for Dune and other for whatever other geeky shit people are into.

Anyway, this online drama is good for a cheap laugh. Do you think all the emotional rush the Hick feels when she's banning and suspending people is the closest she's got to an orgasm in the last decade?
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Eew...ah...my mental eyes and ears! Aaaaaah! :shock:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Some people are so easy to provoke. ;)

The Regent has already responded to a post I put on my blog earlier today.

I guess that PM was to inform me I'd been put on moderation. I told her (again) to delete my account. I guess she missed where I posted the request here.

Ah...that's better.

OK. I'm ready to get back to Dune. :D

(One point she did bring up does bother me: Are people still having trouble reading the blog? I tweeked the CSS back in August, but no one else had complained since, so I just figured it was OK. I'll check it out on some Windows machines from uni tomorrow, but if people using Exploder and Firefox on Windows, especially the new system (what was it, Vista?) could let me know if it's readable or not, I'd appreciate it!)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

SandChigger wrote:(One point she did bring up does bother me: Are people still having trouble reading the blog? I tweeked the CSS back in August, but no one else had complained since, so I just figured it was OK. I'll check it out on some Windows machines from uni tomorrow, but if people using Exploder and Firefox on Windows, especially the new system (what was it, Vista?) could let me know if it's readable or not, I'd appreciate it!)
I use Firefox and Explorer and have never had any problems with the readability of your site. I've been able to see every post and comment in "super"-clarity. :wink:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I use Firefox at home and MSIE at work. Never any problems.

PS-> Don't believe shit that she says.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I think it's beautifull.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Sparafucile

Post by Sparafucile »

I used to have trouble reading Chig's site for the exact reasons she had mentioned. But it was because of an old FF version.. I upgraded and boy, it's 10 times better!
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

She's using Windows 98 I believe, so I wouldn't doubt she's using an old version of FF.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

It looks perty on the crappy college computers :wink:

Rob

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

lol... every time I see CL's avatar I think she's back.

I use FF and I have no problems reading your blog Chig.
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Freakzilla wrote:She's using Windows 98 I believe, so I wouldn't doubt she's using an old version of FF.
Didn't she go on an anti-technology rant for a while, something about how she had to get a new computer and upgrade to XP?
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:She's using Windows 98 I believe, so I wouldn't doubt she's using an old version of FF.
Didn't she go on an anti-technology rant for a while, something about how she had to get a new computer and upgrade to XP?
She's also ranting on SC's blog this morning about how she has no resources to fix the problems over at Arrakeen. Its not like several of us didnt offer her money to fix these things? I think I even offered once to send her a new monitor I have lying around.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Yes, we all offered to chip in to buy software and server space. Now we'll do it our way.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Whew...that's a load off my mind.

Yellow Birdie...you're here! :D

(Sorry, Sparafucile, some jokes I just can't let go of. :oops: )

Actually, after she posted that, I went back through the comments and found yours back in August, with the link to the image you uploaded showing what you saw. (I was suprised to see that the image is still there, btw!) I checked the CSS file on my PB and saw that I last edited it on August 7th, the same day as your comment.

Had me worried! It looks fine on all my computers, so I kinda forgot about it. :(

Anyway...

I'd like to thank y'all for jumping in on the comment thread while I was otherwise occupied this evening. I was playing over on MySpace, discussing the GP with Oyabun Nicodemus. I didn't figure she'd come back with such a vengence.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with this topic. Time to get back to Dune! :D

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

I'm convinced that Hyppo is totally insane and power-thirsty. I think I'm going to ask that my account be closed. No point in sitting around waiting for something to happen that won't, and no point in creating useless drama for her to moderate to hell and back.
Tleilax Master B

Uh, yeah. Power hungry for sure. Oh well, soon we will have another dune forum and 'keen can F-off. And don't worry about this one going dormant Omphalos--this is where we will come to when we need to bitch in private about the "ass-hats" on the other forum :D
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Actually, you might not need Almost Undeleted. I belong to a message board that has private subforms achieved via a feature called "usergroups." Members of the usergroup don't have any special options other than access to a special subforum. The subforum is private and what is written within cannot be seen by other members nor can it be found on the internet search engines. The entire message board can be public with free access even to non-members, but that one subforum for a specified "usergroup" can be exclusive and private.

I've been part of the usergroup for years and it functions quite well. It acts as a guys/gals club, where a select group can discuss and fight with each other about board issues without dragging larger groups into a bigger conflict. It's actually functions very well and is a great stress reliever for members that want to get stuff off their chests.

EDIT This message board I refer to is a phpBB system.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I've added a comment to SC's blog but I'm not sure if I did it right. Fucking hell, she is truly pathological. What the fuck is she droning on about her mother for, does she honestly think anyone gives a shit? Dumb cunt. I'm amazed that liar can accuse SC of lying. What a twat.
Sparafucile

Post by Sparafucile »

Geez, I had even emailed you my OS specs and everything! :)

Damn that was a nasty sight though.. glad I updated.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I was thinking of using the usergroups, specifically to segregate the OH and Preeks.

I suggested that at DN a long time ago.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I was thinking of using the usergroups, specifically to segregate the OH and Preeks.

I suggested that at DN a long time ago.
Dont you want them to come together? You probably wont have too much debate if you dont allow that.

Or are you talking about restricting preeks to one area, but giving OH the ability to jump from one side to another? That may turn off some preeks who feel restricted and bound.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

What's the fun in separating the Preeks? If they can't handle the debate they'll just leave anyway.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I was thinking of having a forum open to both too. One thing I really hated about DN is that even though there are seperate forums for the classics and the new books, you couldn't ever discuss one purely without someone from the other group coming in and saying, "nu-uh, that's not what the new books say."

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I was thinking of having a forum open to both too. One thing I really hated about DN is that even though there are seperate forums for the classics and the new books, you couldn't ever discuss one purely without someone from the other group coming in and saying, "nu-uh, that's not what the new books say."
OK, so some forums open to all, some open to preeks only, and some open to OH only? Three sections? That may work. But youre setting it up as a battlefield, so you may want a Cunt Corner too.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Of course, I'll use all these suggestions if possible.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Tleilax Master B

Freakzilla wrote:Yes, we all offered to chip in to buy software and server space. Now we'll do it our way.
Yeah, funny how memory can be so selective. I posted a link to that discussion on chigger's blog and resurfaced it on 'keen. I hope that jogs her memory......
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Yes, we all offered to chip in to buy software and server space. Now we'll do it our way.
Yeah, funny how memory can be so selective. I posted a link to that discussion on chigger's blog and resurfaced it on 'keen. I hope that jogs her memory......
Heh. :roll:

Tleilax Master B

Omphalos wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
She apologized after I pointed it out on 'Keen. I'm certain its a sincere apology :roll:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: SC's blog is being trolled by Hyppo. She's there solely to argue and stir up shit, isn't that the definition of an Irwin? Is there a verb 'to irwin'? I don't suppose it's even worthe pressing the buttons to ban her saggy arse from SC's blog.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote::lol: SC's blog is being trolled by Hyppo. She's there solely to argue and stir up shit, isn't that the definition of an Irwin? Is there a verb 'to irwin'? I don't suppose it's even worthe pressing the buttons to ban her saggy arse from SC's blog.
I like having her there in free for all mode.

But Ill be it will really piss her ass off if nobody at all responds to anything that she says over there. I do believe that she is stirring the pot for personal gratification/attention.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
She apologized after I pointed it out on 'Keen. I'm certain its a sincere apology :roll:
Apologized for what?

~Leto II, God Emperor
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:
chanilover wrote::lol: SC's blog is being trolled by Hyppo. She's there solely to argue and stir up shit, isn't that the definition of an Irwin? Is there a verb 'to irwin'? I don't suppose it's even worthe pressing the buttons to ban her saggy arse from SC's blog.
I like having her there in free for all mode.

But Ill be it will really piss her ass off if nobody at all responds to anything that she says over there. I do believe that she is stirring the pot for personal gratification/attention.
The Hick reckons I don't know how to behave in civilised company. What do you think passes for civilsed comany in Hicksville, Canada, or wherever she comes from? Where they have a social gathering just after their monthly bath?
Tleilax Master B

Freakzilla wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Apologized for what?
She was insisting on SC's blog that we never offered any help or money for moving 'keen to better boardware. So I went to 'keen and found the specific posts where we did in fact offer and pointed it out to her there and at SC's blog. So she did a half-hearted apology for forgetting we had made that effort.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I never asked to be an admin, I always wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

Seriously though, they asked me to do it. I tried to make it clear that I'd only been a moderator before (at www.americasarmy.com) and I'd never been an admin, so if they wanted me to do anything I just needed a little instruction. But all I got was bitching about how me and Crys didn't do anything. AFAIK, he even asked to be demoted to moderator. I asked for a to-do list and she basically called me a baby.

I don't need to go to the internet for that, I can get that kind of abuse at home.

If I'm going to spen the time to teach myself how to admin, I may as well do it on my own forum.

:x

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I always wondered why that place had so many moderators and admins there? That Umma guy and two others never showed up. And why even have a moderator if you have five admins?

Did she offer to pay you guys from ad revenue or anything?

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:I always wondered why that place had so many moderators and admins there?
I don't know, usually you have one admin and several moderators.
That Umma guy and two others never showed up.
He was supposed to be doing the RPG but I think it died from lack of participation. The others, well, you know how people just dissappear from the internet sometimes.
And why even have a moderator if you have five admins?
Who knows, it should have been the other way around.
Did she offer to pay you guys from ad revenue or anything?

~Leto II, God Emperor
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

lol.. she's reading every word in this thread. She is glued to her computer.

Seriously Hyppo reading someone's private email is a breach of trust. There is no possible way for an email to hijack a board, you brainless fuckstick.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:lol.. she's reading every word in this thread. She is glued to her computer.

Seriously Hyppo reading someone's private email is a breach of trust. There is no possible way for an email to hijack a board, you brainless fuckstick.
Heh. Sometimes my wife tells me that my "fuckstick" is the only part of me with a brain, rudimentary as it is.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

She figured out who I was by lurking here since I have the same avatar at Arrakeen. That's where that hello Ninti came from. I guess she thinks everyone uses the same screen name at every forum they join..

Hey Hyp, Mandy happens to be my real name!
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

She solved a mystery! Time for a Scooby Snack!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Too bad UNDELETED doesn't have a cunt corner, she could be the first resident.
Tleilax Master B

Mandy wrote:lol.. she's reading every word in this thread. She is glued to her computer.

I like you Mandy. You're a fine girl. What a gooood wife you would be. (Oh, sorry, I guess that was actually "Brandy")

I can't tell if its your nasty disposition, or 6's nipples in your avatar. Either way, you rock! :D
Last edited by Tleilax Master B on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I was thinking I would add it the first time it is needed. I have an open mind!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Figures you'd like the superfluous nipples TMB.. hey, she was grown in a tank after all. :P
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

There is nothing! superfluous about nipples :P

Rob

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Figures you'd like the superfluous nipples TMB.. hey, she was grown in a tank after all. :P
Oh Mandy. Ye have so much to learn!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I'm onto his Tleilaxu ways :) I remember something about a shirlileg.. can't remember how it was spelled.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:I'm onto his Tleilaxu ways :) I remember something about a shirlileg.. can't remember how it was spelled.
Im sure he can arrange for you to get some Shirlileg pasties, if youre cold.

Tleilax Master B

Mandy wrote:I'm onto his Tleilaxu ways :) I remember something about a shirlileg.. can't remember how it was spelled.
For you, that spelling is close enough :wink: And of course, I can arrange ANY superfluous body parts you need :D
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

BTW, I have Baron's email address if anyone cares.

Not sure I do anymore.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Crysknife wrote:BTW, I have Baron's email address if anyone cares.

Not sure I do anymore.
Eh. I'm pretty sure I can guess how much he cares. I'm sure the 10th grade is very strenuous these days, but if he cared at all, he'd find the time to show the fuck up. Let him contact us if he has any questions.

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I'm sure the 10th grade is very strenuous these days
Yeah, that pretty much explains it all doesn't it? Let it rot.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Anyone know Hymaintenance's history with Dune boards? Was she an old DoD'er, or did she come along later to Arrakeen?

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

I don't know where the hell she's from. I don't remember her at DoD, but Freak might have a better idea. IIRC, she was just a newbie to the site.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:She solved a mystery! Time for a Scooby Snack!
And she would have got(ten) away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Dunenovels people!

What a retard, calling Mandy's fanfic crappy. She was probably so excited with finding out who Mandy was and trying (and failing miserably as she is too thick to recognise parody) to insult Mandy's writing. I'm sure she told her cats all about it.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:I don't know where the hell she's from. I don't remember her at DoD, but Freak might have a better idea. IIRC, she was just a newbie to the site.
I'm not sure where she came from, I don't really remember her being much part of any Dune conversation at DoD. But I tend not to remember the off topic stuff.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I've gotten it out of my system and I'm ready to move on.

Phaedrus and Teg have joined the Concordance Project, I've got to get on the Science of Dune book, the "ghosts in the machine" are stirring again, and I'm detecting a slight disturbance in the Force that always means Kevin is about to post another stupid blog any time now. I'm good. :D

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

chanilover wrote:
And she would have got(ten) away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Dunenovels people!

What a retard, calling Mandy's fanfic crappy. She was probably so excited with finding out who Mandy was and trying (and failing miserably as she is too thick to recognise parody) to insult Mandy's writing. I'm sure she told her cats all about it.
It's not a crime to write a crappy fanfic! (is it?) :D The funny thing is.. she's still denying that what she did by reading Crysknife's email was truly a bad bad thing. Makes me wonder how many other emails she has read in the past. I mean.. I'm an admin at a forum and it has never crossed my mind to snoop into people's private communications, I don't even know how.. and I don't want to know how. There are so many other flaws I have as a moderator.. it's funny that she jumped on the fanfic, she could have easily found out that I tend to argue with people when I should bite my tongue, and whatever else I do that I probably shouldn't.. at least when people get pissed with me I don't put them on moderation, and I have NEVER used bold red font to indicate I'm wearing a mod hat!!
Tleilax Master B

Mandy wrote:
chanilover wrote:

It's not a crime to write a crappy fanfic! (is it?) :D The funny thing is.. she's still denying that what she did by reading Crysknife's email was truly a bad bad thing. Makes me wonder how many other emails she has read in the past. I mean.. I'm an admin at a forum and it has never crossed my mind to snoop into people's private communications, I don't even know how.. and I don't want to know how. There are so many other flaws I have as a moderator.. it's funny that she jumped on the fanfic, she could have easily found out that I tend to argue with people when I should bite my tongue, and whatever else I do that I probably shouldn't.. at least when people get pissed with me I don't put them on moderation, and I have NEVER used bold red font to indicate I'm wearing a mod hat!!
IIRC she initially denied reading the email. Its pretty pathetic, and there is absolutely no question its crossing the line. Sorry, but asking an owner to make a change at admin is NOT "hijacking" a site.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I sure won't defend that hag, but I will say that most fan fiction is awful. I haven't read your fanfic Mandy, but as a rule, I generally avoid it unless it's comedy :)
Bloody brilliant :) :D :lol:

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

It is a comedy.. it's my idea of what KJA would do if he had both Dune and Battlestar Galactica in his control. It's supposed to be bad :P And I agree about fanfics being mostly terrible, I hardly ever read them and that was my first attempt at writing one.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh, well maybe I'll try it. Ompf has me reading something else right now.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Mandy wrote:
chanilover wrote:

Hyppo is such a fucking liar. She's crawling all over SC's blog still, demented old turd. She'll never leave it, she'll just keep coming back so she can have the last word. Her poor cats must be sick to death of hearing her telling them all about the day's excitement on the internet. I've just exposed another of her lies on SC's blog. She wouldn't recognise the truth if it came up to her and dropped down dead in the street in front of her after catching a whiff of her festering, malodorous and hirsute minge.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

lol.. she's lonesome! I bet her cats are starving.

Does anyone know what the name of the board she was "sexually harassed" at is?
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Damn...the Net Nazis have caught me! I can't see or moderate my blog from the office. :(

I can see the site homepage, though....

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Based on yesterday's access alone, I'm sure it wont be too long before my e-nazis close off my access to this place from work.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I'm still in the office but talked to Teg just a little while ago.

He said the comments thread on the blog post were up to 80-something the last time he looked.

:shock:

And I thought it had died down last night.

You people are animals. :D

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I got yelled at yesterday for spending too much time on the internet. They haven't blocked anything good yet, I just need to chill out for a while so they don't.

Back to the drawing board (literaly).

:(

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I just noticed that Byron edited the word "Preeks" out of one of my posts.

Too close to pricks?

:P

~Leto II, God Emperor
Tleilax Master B

Freakzilla wrote:I just noticed that Byron edited the word "Preeks" out of one of my posts.

Too close to pricks?

As a matter of fact, that's exactly why. He started doing that with me and sent me a PM explaining just that :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I just noticed that Byron edited the word "Preeks" out of one of my posts.

Too close to pricks?

As a matter of fact, that's exactly why. He started doing that with me and sent me a PM explaining just that :D
Time to put some thought into some new nomenclature, eh?

How about "Squeaks," for Sequelites?

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I had a perve around DN again the other day, ended up looking at my old "What's in a name?" thread.

Sheesh...TAZ really was a fricking PITA, wasn't he? Byron let him get away with a lot of shit. (Not that I didn't dish out my fair share as well. :D )

I've tried coming up with a good, new name combining Sequelites and Prequelites (and sooon, Interquelites).

No joy yet. :(

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

"PISsers," for Prequelite, Interquelity, Sequelite users?

Yea, that wont get deleted. :lol:

Tleilax Master B

SandChigger wrote:I had a perve around DN again the other day, ended up looking at my old "What's in a name?" thread.

Sheesh...TAZ really was a fricking PITA, wasn't he? Byron let him get away with a lot of shit. (Not that I didn't dish out my fair share as well. :D )

I've tried coming up with a good, new name combining Sequelites and Prequelites (and sooon, Interquelites).

No joy yet. :(
TAZ was a huge pain in the ass. And his little yapping yes-man, Tyrant, was equally annoying. Turns out that pussy switched sides later when TAZ abandoned him. :P

I kinda miss TAZ. At least you could sling shit at eachother with him; nobody wants to play like that anymore :cry:

I had thought about calling them Andersonians, just to devalue Brian's role in all of it (which I suspect was minimal; see Dune of the Dead :D ) but I doubt that would fly for very long either.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

BRAINS!!!

Sorry. Hope nobody thinks Im coming down on them with the big red text. :P

Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

How about "Newds", as in New Duners.

Shut your fetchin mouth you Newd!

Yeah, I like it.

Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Recently, The Byron and the rest of his minions like to refer to us as the OH's, but we can flip it by adding a "d" in the front to refer to them.

In the words of Homer Simpson DOH!

OH's vs DOH's

The DOH's

dumb other herberts
dumb other herbertarians
dipshit other herberts
dumbnovels other herberts...
Narf!
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

DUDs: Don't Understand Dune! :D

Or DUHs: Don't Understand Herbert?

I love the way Arnoldo (Has he come back to Arrakeen, I wonder? Or is there any reason, now that his work is done? Teg says Old Prune Dude [his bon mot, not mine] has been by) slings "Orthos" around like it's some kind of insult.

Toad.

Edit:

Kewl. New blog post!

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:DUDs: Don't Understand Dune! :D

Or DUHs: Don't Understand Herbert?

I love the way Arnoldo (Has he come back to Arrakeen, I wonder? Or is there any reason, now that his work is done? Teg says Old Prune Dude [his bon mot, not mine] has been by) slings "Orthos" around like it's some kind of insult.

Toad.

Edit:

Kewl. New blog post!

So those of us who are true to his grandfather's word in an Orthodox like manner are beneath contempt, while his business partner (master, more like it) gets all the respect. Even if Anderson and his girlfriend Herbert didn't suck ass, that would be totally wrong.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Just call them loons. That's the usual word for people who slavishly idolise any crap released by their idol.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I just posted on SC's blog. "The Illiterati" might do the job.

Does anyone want to run a book on how long The Hick is going to keep coming back to the blog? I's give it two years, three top.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

chanilover wrote:"The Illiterati"
OMG, that is funny :)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I love that one too.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

You know, I think we need a phrase for the kind of battle Hymaintenance waged too. How about "Pyrrhic Loss?"

Tleilax Master B

Omphalos wrote:You know, I think we need a phrase for the kind of battle Hymaintenance waged too. How about "Pyrrhic Loss?"
That's pretty good :)

RIP 'Keen. Its so fucking dead over there. I mentioned to Omph before, this is what I was hoping would happen to dunenovels when we all left, but they had enough "illiterati" to keep them going. "keen was mostly OH's, and now they are all gone. Its a sad demise; I hope Hymaintenance is happy with what she has done. I'm glad I didn't start archiving more stuff from the "official site" to there--it would have been a huge waste of my time :cry:

(PS, god damn that sig is disturbing CL :shock: )
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Omphalos wrote:You know, I think we need a phrase for the kind of battle Hymaintenance waged too. How about "Pyrrhic Loss?"
"French victory."

Heh. We could always call it the "Canadian solution."
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

No need to paint us all with the same brush. Like I said, she in no way represents a normal, healthy, mentally sound and happy Canadian.

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

GamePlayer wrote:No need to paint us all with the same brush. Like I said, she in no way represents a normal, healthy, mentally sound and happy Canadian.
Ok, so the "Red Deer solution." :D
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:No need to paint us all with the same brush. Like I said, she in no way represents a normal, healthy, mentally sound and happy Canadian.
No kidding! She sounds like one of us.

Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Isn't she like from the middle providences? Where all the nutjobs live?

Rob

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Juuuuust a bit north of Helena!

As the shirt says, at least the cows are sane.

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Robspierre wrote:Isn't she like from the middle providences? Where all the nutjobs live?

Rob
No, she sadly she's a westerner living in Alberta, where I am from originally.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Dear Ann Landsraad,

I'm a parasitic bug who has this problem with a net nanny who is trolling my blog. I would prefer not to get too nasty—it's really not worth my time any longer—but she really is becoming quite obtuse.

Any advice as to how to deal with her? Thanks in advance!

Consternated in Carthag

Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:Dear Ann Landsraad,

I'm a parasitic bug who has this problem with a net nanny who is trolling my blog. I would prefer not to get too nasty—it's really not worth my time any longer—but she really is becoming quite obtuse.

Any advice as to how to deal with her? Thanks in advance!

Consternated in Carthag

Narf!
Tleilax Master B

Well, just so everyone knows that hasn't gotten over to SC's blog yet. It was me that posted that bogus apology under her name. I thought someone had done the same thing as Omphalos, so I figured turnabout was fair play. I've come clean over there as well.

I actually feel bad about it now after I saw Crysknife's post. I think that really pissed him off that she had apparently made a public apology but didn't have the decency to make a private apology to him.

Sorry about that Crysknife; that joke was in bad form and I didn't mean to piss you off :oops:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by