[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED • View topic - Drive-ins: Whose been to one/are there any left?

Drive-ins: Whose been to one/are there any left?

Any old topic will do, I suppose.

Drive-ins: Whose been to one/are there any left?

Postby Eyes High » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 am

http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa980121.htm

Read the above story this morning and thought it was interesting.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Re: Drive-ins: Whose been to one/are there any left?

Postby Freakzilla » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am

There's one near Atlanta, a young Marine was just gunned down there for asking for jumper cables a few weeks ago. I haven't been to one since the '70s.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Freakzilla
Archivist

Postby Omphalos » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

There's a big multi-screen drive-in in Sacramento that I have not been to in years. I drive home by it every night and in the summer can see first-run movies playing there.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Postby lotek » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 am

when we did our parties in the woods, we'd sometimes have a projector and a giant screen on the biggest truck or even trees, gear up the sound system et voilà, drive-in-the-woods !

The inventor mounted a 1928 Kodak projector on the hood of his car, projected onto a screen he had nailed to trees in his backyard, and used a radio placed behind the screen for sound.

:)
In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
- D. Pope
lotek
Archivist

Return to General Chat