Great Find!!!

Any old topic will do, I suppose.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Great Find!!!

Post by Omphalos »

Normally I hate to brag, but.....

Just bought a signed, numbered Putman slipcased copy of GEoD, in great condition, for $25.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
D Pope
Archivist

Re: Great Find!!!

Post by D Pope »

Well done!
:clap: :dance: :clap:
When a brand knew urinal puck showed up in the bathroom of my studio, I knew what I had to do.
-AToE
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

O_O

They have any more?

I've only been able to find GEoD starting at $115 for the standard hardcover signed by Frank.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

:shock=: :clap:

Very well done, indeed.

HBJ
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I could not believe it. Ita one of those atores that specialize in PBs, but they are starting to branch out. I dont think I stole it from them, as they had a decent markup on it, but still, I almost (almost) feel guilty.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Pix?
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'm Jealous. There, I said it.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:Pix?
l'll take some tonight when I get home.

Himachil

Post by Himachil »

Nice one :)

You've triggered me to do a few searches for my next FH signature - they all seem rather expensive, but I did chance across this:
Immaculate, unread uncorrected proof of the final volume in the set of six 'Dune' novels penned by Frank Herbert and the second to be first published in the UK. It's a pristine copy in immaculate blue wrappers, a spine as tight as a lifelong lush during happy hour at a 24/7 free alcohol buffet and pages so clean that washing powder manufacturers are sending envy-fuelled fan letters AS NEW. Please note that this is an uncorrected proof and NOT a hardcover . AS NEW and SIGNED BY FRANK HERBERT. Complete with an oversized PROOF DUSTJACKET that is larger than the proof and which is, therefore, wrinkled in places (the dustjacket, not the proof).
:shock=:
And that, children, is how the little bunny rabbit got his fluffy white tail.

As a minimum, we must demand from SF that it be wiser than the world it speaks to.
--Darko Suvin; On the Poetics of the Science Fiction Genre
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
D Pope
Archivist

Post by D Pope »

Himachil wrote:Nice one :)

You've triggered me to do a few searches for my next FH signature - they all seem rather expensive, but I did chance across this:
Immaculate, unread uncorrected proof of the final volume in the set of six 'Dune' novels penned by Frank Herbert and the second to be first published in the UK. It's a pristine copy in immaculate blue wrappers, a spine as tight as a lifelong lush during happy hour at a 24/7 free alcohol buffet and pages so clean that washing powder manufacturers are sending envy-fuelled fan letters AS NEW. Please note that this is an uncorrected proof and NOT a hardcover . AS NEW and SIGNED BY FRANK HERBERT. Complete with an oversized PROOF DUSTJACKET that is larger than the proof and which is, therefore, wrinkled in places (the dustjacket, not the proof).
:shock=:
Definitely does NOT have the gift this fellow displays, but... I'd like to see this," Revisions of January 1977 interview of Herbert, conducted by MacKenzie, "

http://www.michaelsbooks.com/home/micha ... tes/445-2/
When a brand knew urinal puck showed up in the bathroom of my studio, I knew what I had to do.
-AToE
ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Joseph-Vintimille Tariki Askaris

Post by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ »

D Pope wrote: Definitely does NOT have the gift this fellow displays, but... I'd like to see this," Revisions of January 1977 interview of Herbert, conducted by MacKenzie, "

Are you kidding me? :roll: :snooty:
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    ۞ Shaihuludata gigantica Gratia, Fidei defensor ۞
      D Pope
      Archivist

Post by D Pope »

Zeuhl wrote:
      D Pope wrote: Definitely does NOT have the gift this fellow displays, but... I'd like to see this," Revisions of January 1977 interview of Herbert, conducted by MacKenzie, "

Are you kidding me? :roll: :snooty:
      I admit the asking price is more than a little out there, but you're not curious to see what didn't make the MacKenzie Interview edit?
      < after checking again, it does take a long time to load here...
      you know he's selling more than a set of signed books? >
      -AToE

Return to “General Chat”