Foundation's Edge - Legal Review

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Foundation's Edge - Legal Review

Post by Omphalos »

Isaac Asimov did just about everything else in his long and varied career, so I suppose it was just a matter of time before I stumbled across a legal issue in his SF works. I had read his Hugo Award winning novel Foundation’s Edge years before; probably just after it came out in the early nineteen eighties. But back then I was more interested in things like the gravity drive and what Bliss looked like naked than I ever cared about the legal or social issues. I recently reread this book to write a review of it for my book review blog, and was surprised to find some legal content in it. Starting about 1/3 of the way through the book one of the main characters...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Thanks Omph, that's the first time I've clicked over to that website and I found quite a bit of interesting reading. Looks like I might have to add a few more books to my pile.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

No problem, Nekhrun. Still working the kinks of actually applying a critical method, so I hope they will eventually improve in quality, but glad you like it.

Here is a link to Melancholy Elephants, by Spider Robinson:

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200011/0671319744___1.htm
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page

Return to “Book Reviews”