The Unselfish Gene, by Robert Burns

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

The Unselfish Gene, by Robert Burns

Post by Omphalos »

Zombies, altruism, sex and spaceships. That pretty much sums up what I do here, in my off hours. And I finally found a book that does it all at once too. The Unselfish Gene is Robert Burns' first published book, and although it seems that he is happy in the cliquey world of independent, small house niche publishing, I think that he probably has a bright future ahead of him. The Unselfish Gene is the story of an impossible survival mission to save the Lunar remnants of humanity from a slow and ungracious death, but its also a fantastic tale of betrayal in a world dominated by zombies, and its got a strong erotic element to it. It's a big book, but for me, it went fast. Couldn't put it down, as a matter of fact...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Dude, that cover pretty much sold me. A redhead in a bikini with a gun in her hand, wading through a swamp? And the first sentence in your review mentioned "zombies"?

Where do I sign up? :D

HBJ
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Dude, that cover pretty much sold me. A redhead in a bikini with a gun in her hand, wading through a swamp? And the first sentence in your review mentioned "zombies"?

Where do I sign up? :D

HBJ
They put her into a bikini for the cover. In the scene from the book she is bathing in an old zoo exhibit, and a zombie wanders up to the other side of the bars and starts wanking off. The illustration is in the book and she is fully nude.

Its available at Amazon, or you can get the electrons here. Tell 'em Omphalos sent ya!
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page

Return to “Book Reviews”