New Site

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

New Site

Post by Omphalos »

I am not sure if all of you know yet, but one of our other members has started in earnest to put up quality reviews of books (and others) that he has read (or watched, or listened to). Liege-Killer has started a blog that is shaping up really nicely.

I asked him months ago to put something up here to direct you guys over there, but I don't see that he ever did.

Anywho, have a look, and be sure to give him some honest comments.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Thanks for the mention!

I appreciate that. :D
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Um...there's been a sig link for some time, I believe. 8)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Um...there's been a sig link for some time, I believe. 8)
That is not what I was talking about.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Yeah, I always figured the sig link was enough; I'm not one to toot my own horn much.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Liege-Killer wrote:Yeah, I always figured the sig link was enough; I'm not one to toot my own horn much.
I think you can start doing that if you learn yoga. :wink:

Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

Omphalos wrote:
Liege-Killer wrote:Yeah, I always figured the sig link was enough; I'm not one to toot my own horn much.
Took me a second. Nice. ;)
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Star Dust wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Took me a second. Nice. ;)
:shock:

Really? Is that all?

I gave up trying the first time after about an hour when I heardfelt something go POP! in my back. :lol:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Something popped in your back, yea, that's where the pop came from, right. :wink:

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

This thread is officially disturbing.

(It didn't even take me a second!)

((To get the joke, you pervs.))
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh yeah?

You remember that roommate of mine at State I wrote that you remind me of? Well, I walked in on him one time....

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

With a monkey and three male cheerleaders? Yeah, that's always disturbing.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

How did you know?

TOM?! That IS you, isn't it?! You...you...Dorian Gray wannabe! :lol:

orald

Post by orald »

Dorms are a shit place to fool around unless you're absolutely sure the roommate won't be back for quite some time.

Oh, yea, it's about me and the ex. :wink:
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

I'm awake! God help me, I'm awake!
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Omphalos wrote:
I was wondering who would go there first. Why am I not surprised? :lol: :P
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Liege-Killer wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
I was wondering who would go there first. Why am I not surprised? :lol: :P
And it only took me 21 minutes too!

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

orald wrote:Dorms are a shit place to fool around unless you're absolutely sure the roommate won't be back for quite some time.

Sock on the door rule!
orald

Post by orald »

Oh, never thought of that... :o Though here I bet they'd just ignore it, the rude bastards. :|
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

I'm awake! God help me, I'm awake!
Worm

Post by Worm »

I've been after all you guys to give me something I can put permanently in the Affiliates section at Haven. I guess I’m gonna have to make something myself and devil be damned if you don’t like it.

Now where is that horn tooting pic I got off of sexsuckspics.com ??
:P
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:
orald wrote:Dorms are a shit place to fool around unless you're absolutely sure the roommate won't be back for quite some time.

Sock on the door rule!
Or just position yourself so that the intruder is staring at the bottom of your ballsack when they walk in. That'll keep 'em away.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Aww Omph... :shock: the jaws of life won't be able to remove that image from my head.-- Thanks!!

:wink:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

:lol:

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

How's that for a derailed thread? At least we do something really well over here in this "cesspool!"

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

orald wrote:Oh, never thought of that... :o Though here I bet they'd just ignore it, the rude bastards. :|
If they ignore it, you retaliate by doing your own "walk-in." Except you walk over to your computer/bed/something, open a bag of chips or start reading a book, and act like they aren't there. Instant turn off.
Worm wrote:I've been after all you guys to give me something I can put permanently in the Affiliates section at Haven. I guess I’m gonna have to make something myself and devil be damned if you don’t like it.

Now where is that horn tooting pic I got off of sexsuckspics.com ??
:P
I could give you an image of Kevin J. Anderson as Colonel Sanders, or as we affectionately call it, Colonel Anders. =P

(Although, really, Omph, I could probably come up with something if you want a banner or something like what Worm is talking about. If you have anything you might want, I'm bored 90% of the time and a couple hours in photoshop might be fun.)
Omphalos wrote:Or just position yourself so that the intruder is staring at the bottom of your ballsack when they walk in. That'll keep 'em away.
You're joining SandChigger on my list titled "Evil Old Men." I thank you for your advice, and will consider it in the future.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:(Although, really, Omph, I could probably come up with something if you want a banner or something like what Worm is talking about. If you have anything you might want, I'm bored 90% of the time and a couple hours in photoshop might be fun.)
That would be very cool, Phaedrus. My brother is going to come over with his medium format camera and lighting and take some pics of my favorite books to make a banner for forums. But Worm is talking about smaller banners for the bottom page of his site. I love cool views of things out there in the cosmos, like the Horsehead Nebula, for example. If you want to give it a try, I'd be much obliged! Thanks! Though, be warned. Im a picky bastard.
Phaedrus wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Or just position yourself so that the intruder is staring at the bottom of your ballsack when they walk in. That'll keep 'em away.
You're joining SandChigger on my list titled "Evil Old Men." I thank you for your advice, and will consider it in the future.
:twisted:

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Omphalos wrote:That would be very cool, Phaedrus. My brother is going to come over with his medium format camera and lighting and take some pics of my favorite books to make a banner for forums. But Worm is talking about smaller banners for the bottom page of his site. I love cool views of things out there in the cosmos, like the Horsehead Nebula, for example. If you want to give it a try, I'd be much obliged! Thanks! Though, be warned. Im a picky bastard.
Stuff in space in a small banner for a picky bastard? Sounds like a challenge.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Phaedrus wrote:You're joining SandChigger on my list titled "Evil Old Men."
HEY! :shock:

:?

Hmmm...I kinda like that! :twisted:

Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Worm wrote:I've been after all you guys to give me something I can put permanently in the Affiliates section at Haven.
Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning it; slipped my mind I guess.

What kind of dimensions are we talking about for the image?
Worm

Post by Worm »

Send me whatever size you want and I'll resize it if I have to. But you can get an idea for the right size if you take a glance at the affiliate window on Haven. It can take a variety of different sizes.

Return to “Book Reviews”