[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED • View topic - Earthling, by Tony Daniel

Earthling, by Tony Daniel

Links to the book review pages

Earthling, by Tony Daniel

Postby Omphalos » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 pm

I have been a fan of author Tony Daniel since I read his novella A Dry Quiet War in Gardner Dozois' 1996 or so Years Best of volume. A Dry Quiet War is a military piece with an interesting time travel element to it, and a bit of a love story as well. But Daniel does not publish very often, and other than another novella called Grist I had not read anything else by him until picking up this book, his first novel, called Earthling. This book was a bit difficult for me to get through, though I think...Please click here or on the cover above to be taken to the review
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Return to Book Reviews