Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

Post by Omphalos »

Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

That's the cover for the hardcover I was talking about in the 2001 thread. Great review. I love this book.

Btw, I'm still having formatting problems browsing your website with IE. The text at the top right menu is off (the text almost appears like strikethrough text against the same colored background) and the credit bar (2004-2008 Andrew Mathieson) sits in the middle of the review and I can't read what is underneath it. FYI.

EDIT: damn grammar :)
Last edited by GamePlayer on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

GamePlayer wrote:That's the cover for the hardcover I was talking about in the 2001 thread. Great review. I love this book.

Btw, I'm still having formatting problems browsing your website with IE. The text of the top right menu are off (the almost look like strikethrough text with the background) and the credit bar (2004-2008 Andrew Mathieson) sits in the middle of the review and I can't read what is underneath it. FYI.
YES, I have the same problem. The credit bar sits in the middle of the review and I lose a sentence or two. You think its an IE issue?
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Tleilax Master B wrote:YES, I have the same problem. The credit bar sits in the middle of the review and I lose a sentence or two. You think its an IE issue?
Perhaps. I'll have to try it with Firefox and see what happens.

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Yep, it's a IE issue. Just visited with Firefox and the formatting works just fine. The top right menu bar is formatted properly inside the graphic borders and the bottom credit bar remains at the bottom edge of the browser as you scroll, like it should.

So, something on Ompf's website doesn't work well in IE.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:That's the cover for the hardcover I was talking about in the 2001 thread. Great review. I love this book.

Btw, I'm still having formatting problems browsing your website with IE. The text at the top right menu is off (the text almost appears like strikethrough text against the same colored background) and the credit bar (2004-2008 Andrew Mathieson) sits in the middle of the review and I can't read what is underneath it. FYI.

EDIT: damn grammar :)
It just is buggy as hell with MSIE. I dont know how to fix it, and neither does my tech-guy. :wink: Im going to have to put up one of those "Best viewed with Firefox" banners somewhere.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Fine by me. I use FireFox on my home system and thus for 90% of my internet surfing. It's only at work I'm using IE. I'll change that soon :)

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Why would you use IE in the first place?

Do you WANT viruses and spyware on your PC?
"It means ruin to choose to think for oneself if one can't think." -Jens Bjorneboe
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Looks fine in Safari, which I use for all my chiggy stuff.

IE's handling of CSS is just shit. I mean SHIT. I've been trying to get the CIT Center to put Firefox on the school computers for over a year now. I had shitloads of problems when I was doing the website at school, still have them now doing my own. (There was a pretty neat OS chatware that IE just goes bugshit on. Pissed me off when we couldn't use it. Totally.)

The W3C standards exist for a reason. I fucking hate Microsoft.
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Here is some interesting Ender's Game news.

And yes, GamePlayer, I checked the date and its from yesterday. :P

GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Omphalos wrote:Here is some interesting Ender's Game news.

And yes, GamePlayer, I checked the date and its from yesterday. :P
Hahaha, I'd actually forgotten about that incident :) You've got a good memory.

Return to “Book Reviews”