Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Trannies of Dune, Volume II

Post by Omphalos »

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1686

Here is the review:

Gay culture can usually only produce one or two masterpieces per generation. In the sixties there was Charles Nelson Reilley's masterpiece, The Fire Island Diaries. In the 30's we were treated to a still closeted Humphrey Bogart's confusing genre film, Humpin' 'Round Town. Before that, I dunno, Catulus' tirade on that bitch from Lesbos? When Trannies of Dune hits the shelves later this week, you, gentle reader, are going to know right away that youve got Moonraker in your hands, as compared to Chanilover's original Dr. No.

This work certainly is not a failure. The bits on Kaila Vernus only go to show how deep that woman's depravity can run. One wonders if Chanilover's constant vigil on her shennanigans is born of disgust, affection, sympathy, or maybe a little bit of all? One also wonders what Chanilover has against brains in jars. Cogiter Vidad's ipalement alone sends the brains reeling in two different interpretive directions at once. But sun damage and oxidation can only speak to the slow agony of torture reserved only for the most hated of jar-heads.

Perhaps the shining light of it all is Sloe Man's final introduction into the Traniverse. I think we have all seen this coming. And Chanilover's use of feces, I think, will only open up doors denied to Kaliea's depravity in future installments. As you know, once a particular door has been opened, its quite difficult to shut it again, eh?

This volume really is comparable to Dune Messiah on, say, oh, one whole level or so. But count not Chanilover out at this point. As pissed off as he truly seems at Duniverse, I smell a monumental sequel in the wind. Or....Is that the Sloething?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Moonraker!

I think my creative peak was taking the piss out of Nebiros's story.

I have sort of made a half arsed attempt at another Trannies story. I'll see if I can find any inspiration when I finally get around to reading Sandworms of Dune. I thought my worm stories weren't bad. They were better than the tranny stories, anyway.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I think youre tracking well, CL. I always thought that Messiah was the worst of the six, but that he Herbert came back strong with Children and totally rocked with God Emperor. I'm sure that is the path you are on.

:wink:

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I still futz sometimes about not keeping copies of Omphalos' and my replies to Seruna Anus' silly fanfic. Those were fun. (Is the pretentious little twit still posting, btw?)

Oh, and speaking of Nebby, I nearly popped a gut when I read about the orang biting his father over on Arrakeen. Wasn't I restrained in my comment? (You think he got it?)

You don't know how hard it was for me not to ask whether the monkey thought it was going for a banana. Or if it was the wooden leg it bit.

If there were a Hell, I'd be headed there for sure. :lol:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Yep. You're on the Hell Express with no stops. Really though, you were restrained. I just kind of left that one alone when I saw it last night.

I haven't thought about the Seru King for a while now. I don't think he's been around for a while now. Is he still alive is the question? Oops! Now Ive done it. I'm going to Hell too.

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Seruna k'Anus did pop up again at one point, I'm not sure where he is now. I only pop onto Dunenovels now and again and I usually only look at a coupld of threads.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

His posts always reek of geek, if you follow my meaning. Eeeeew.

My, Chani, what a big...sig you're packin'. ;)
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

BTW, excellent answer to Simon and arnoldo about the kami of turds, and whatnot.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:BTW, excellent answer to Simon and arnoldo about the kami of turds, and whatnot.
Best CL post, ever. :)
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor

Return to “Book Reviews”