The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction

Post by Omphalos »

A collection of short stories culled from the last sixty years of the fantastic Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. These stories were chosen by the current editor and owner of the publication, Gordon Van Gelder, and assembled here in anthology form as a celebration of the periodical's sixtieth anniversary. The magazine has always had a reputation for publishing literal science fiction. Van Gelder's editorship has spanned over ten years now, and you can clearly tell that he has upheld the virtues of the prior editors, and continues to do a great job. This is one of the best anthologies - if not the best - of 2009. In fact, if the Hugo people gave away an award for the best anthology, I would have voted for this one. Twice...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
TheDukester

Re: The Very Best of Fantasy & Science Fiction

Post by TheDukester »

Ooooh ... nice.

I've always had a soft spot for that magazine. I've even managed to collect a fair number of issues over the years.

Hell, back in the days when there were these things called "magazines" that you could find at "bookstores," I'd even buy the latest issue now and then. But now the kids just want to do their 1-click thing at that "Amazon" ...

Return to “Book Reviews”