The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, by Max Brooks

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, by Max Brooks

Post by Omphalos »

Those of you who have spent any time reading these review pages should know by now that there is really one thing that I will seek out with more fevor than SF: Zombie tales. To put it bluntly, I LOVE zombie stories, and the best one that I have ever found is Max Brooks' World War Z. So it was a feeling of gleeful shock that washed over me when in the Seattle/Tacoma airport that I stumbled upon Brook's newest work, The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks. The Zombie Survival Guide was Brooks' first published work; a tounge-in-cheek survival guide for when the zombie hordes rise from their graves and try to lunch on one's brains. The Recorded Attacks volume is an illustrated series of twelve vignettes about various zombie attacks that have occured in the past. When I saw it sitting on the shelf I did not even bother to open it. I was a little put back when the cashier told me I had to pay her $18 for the thing, but I figured "what the hell? It's Brooks! It can't be bad!" How wrong I was...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Ampoliros

Re: The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks, by Max Brooks

Post by Ampoliros »

I love new graphic novels, so when we got this in the store I flipped through it. It looked just about as well as I could consider to be a graphic representation of a desert, the art, while good seemed vast and open and the text seemed to be spread as far apart as possible. I didn't even bother to read any of it, I just put it back on the shelf.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Ampoliros wrote:I love new graphic novels, so when we got this in the store I flipped through it. It looked just about as well as I could consider to be a graphic representation of a desert, the art, while good seemed vast and open and the text seemed to be spread as far apart as possible. I didn't even bother to read any of it, I just put it back on the shelf.
Which store do you work in again, Amp?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Here's a nice 480p trailer for it.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech

Return to “Book Reviews”