A Jury Not of Peers, by Pg Wyal; Legal Review

Links to the book review pages
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

A Jury Not of Peers, by Pg Wyal; Legal Review

Post by Omphalos »

Written in a pushy and immediate style reminiscent of the hack producers of Gernsbeck’s day, with a low and sometimes scatological focus, Pg Wyal’s A Jury Not of Peers is a story of the criminal sentencing of a murderer. The murderer, referred to only as “the man,” or “the man who fled,” was a semi-literate, semi-skilled laborer who worked in a company town. He pled nolo contendere to a charge of the murder of a company manager, during a night of drunken revelry over some slight involving a company prostitute. This story is a new one to me so I read it a few times before sitting down to write this essay. The society in it is either the most enlightened or the most cowardly out there, and I am still scratching my head about the conclusion...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Re: A Jury Not of Peers, by Pg Wyal; Legal Review

Post by SandChigger »

Pushy, impatient, low and scat ... sounds right up my alley! :P
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.

Return to “Book Reviews”