Archiving 101

Just what it says. Feel free to add, but please try to make it readable.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Archiving 101

Post by Omphalos »

I was wondering if anyone else wanted to suggest some things from other various boards that should be archived here. I already started moving personal things over here, and Im going to continue doing that. But I was wondering if anyone else thought that there was anything that should come over as well. Suggestions?

I was thinking of SC's conversations about the diameter of Dune, our conversation (started I think by Phaedrus (?)) about AI, and the debate about FTL engines, which I think ran on two threads. Any others you guys who are banned miss, or think would be good to have here away from the stupidity. And please, no conversations where TAZ or arnolod are involved, or at least cannot be easily edited out for good.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Is the diameter stuff still up over there?

Someone...who was it?...came along later and posted some interesting things based on orbital harmonics (or something like that) that I hadn't even considered. That stuff would be worth saving....
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Remember what it was called? Ill get it this weekend.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Phaedrus

Re: Archiving 101

Post by Phaedrus »

Omphalos wrote:... our conversation (started I think by Phaedrus (?)) about AI...
I didn't start that debate, but I like to think I finished it. :D
"It means ruin to choose to think for oneself if one can't think." -Jens Bjorneboe
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Phaedrus wrote:
Omphalos wrote:... our conversation (started I think by Phaedrus (?)) about AI...
I didn't start that debate, but I like to think I finished it. :D
HA! :wink:

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

:P
"It means ruin to choose to think for oneself if one can't think." -Jens Bjorneboe
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Off-topic, but I saw the thread in the Characters forum over on the DN BBS where you guys just quoted Arny's OP.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Off-topic, but I saw the thread in the Characters forum over on the DN BBS where you guys just quoted Arny's OP.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I sense the end of that thread soon.

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

I think maybe he's starting to come to his senses... a little.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

This from the guy who bought how many new Dune books, hoping they would get better? ;)

I didn't see any evidence of it, but then I was just peeking and you're there more....so I'll defer to your judgement for the moment.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:This from the guy who bought how many new Dune books, hoping they would get better? ;)
At least I didn't read Snadworms. :lol:
I didn't see any evidence of it, but then I was just peeking and you're there more....so I'll defer to your judgement for the moment.
He's odd. I think he's a prime example of what reading the prequels first can do to someone. But he's obviously interested so I keep trying.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

arnoldo has been keeping a pretty low profile since I reamed him out on Chig's blog. I'd like to think that I had something to do with stopping the moronery, but its probably something as simple as a new dosage level of lithium. Whatever the reason, its a good thing that he stopped being so disruptive. Id actually be happiest if he just went away, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Freak, you cannot possibly be thinking that you are going to reform that little troll, are you? Good luck! He's as fickle as the fucking wind.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:I was wondering if anyone else wanted to suggest some things from other various boards that should be archived here. I already started moving personal things over here, and Im going to continue doing that. But I was wondering if anyone else thought that there was anything that should come over as well. Suggestions?
I wouldn't mind seeing a thread dedicated to the last stands people had at DN and Arrakeen. I think I saved The Preacher's a while back. That was good stuff.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:I was wondering if anyone else wanted to suggest some things from other various boards that should be archived here. I already started moving personal things over here, and Im going to continue doing that. But I was wondering if anyone else thought that there was anything that should come over as well. Suggestions?
I wouldn't mind seeing a thread dedicated to the last stands people had at DN and Arrakeen. I think I saved The Preacher's a while back. That was good stuff.
Ill put one up. Anyone who was banned at DN who would like for me to get their blazes of glory, send me a PM and Ill do it. If someone would not mind getting mine from Arrkeen, I would appreciate it.

Pardot Kynes

Post by Pardot Kynes »

If someone still has it somewhere, Superstring's thread/summary on the Golden Path.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I think Sister Artemis might have it on her board.. I'm sure I read it there a long time ago.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

That is a good one. I think I read it there too.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I don't remember the url to her old site. She's got a link to her blog in her profile now. Shoot.. I don't even know if her old site still exists.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Oh! Actually I had not read that before. Thanks!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Freak to the rescue! :)

Return to “Discussions from Other Boards”