Hahahaha

Start topics here about Dune that are not bloody likely to be screwed with by me.
tanzeelat

Hahahaha

Post by tanzeelat »

Check out the Conservapedia entry on Dune It's hilarious, and was clearly written by a moron.

I especially liked: "House Atreides, the "siridar-dukes" of the planet Caliban, are supposedly descended from the ancient Mycenaean kings Agamemnon and Menelaus. Why Herbert chose to include a metaphor for modern Greece is difficult to say."

Er, it's Caladan not Caliban. And FH categorically states that House Atreides claims descent from Agamemnon (the House of Atreus).
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Was that written by Colbert? :lol:
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I get such a big laugh out of modern conservative websites. They always analyze everything in terms of how it's NOT like them :)

Well, at least Frank Herbert always knew Dune was fiction; Conservapedia is still struggling to get over the fiction known as creationsim. :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

Conservapedia is always good for a laugh :lol: or two :lol: :lol: .
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Return to “Dune Talk”