Pre-DN Deleted Comment Archive

Start topics here about Dune that are not bloody likely to be screwed with by me.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Pre-DN Deleted Comment Archive

Post by Omphalos »

Its no secret at all that we cannot trust der Uberfuhrer over at DN to respect the sanctity of our closely held beliefs; at least as described in our posts. So I'm going to start archiving mine here before captain-censorship hits that magic button of his. Here is my latest:
Omphalos wrote:
boardadmin wrote:
ijzersmidt wrote:Can anybody point me to a acceptable positive review/analyses of either Sandworms or Hunters? I have problems finding any.
Start here for Hunters.
Which actually does not count at all, since this is a "SciFi Essential Book" (which as far as I can tell means that it sucks) meaning that the organization that reviewed it has some interest in seeing it do well, financial or otherwise.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Oh well. This is already going on at Jacurutu. Ill just watch over there. :lol:

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Byron's funny when he gets his panties in a twist.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Mandy wrote:Byron's funny when he gets his panties in a twist.
It really does not take much these days, does it?

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Nope.. and I think he's getting tired of defending the garbage.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Well, he is getting sloppier, if anything. Im not convinced that means that he is getting tired of fighting us. Someone has gone and made a true believer out of him. I wonder how we can crack that shell? :twisted:

Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Well, he is getting sloppier, if anything. Im not convinced that means that he is getting tired of fighting us. Someone has gone and made a true believer out of him. I wonder how we can crack that shell? :twisted:
Electroshock therapy?
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

^^^War Mattock?

edit to remove my leeching jpeg
Last edited by inhuien on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

Byron's funny. He gets all uppity and then pulls the old "let's act like adults" card. :roll:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Oh, we'll have none of that.

I'm far too old to act like an adult. :lol:

(What I mean is, I've acted like an adult all my life and where has it really gotten me? So screw it, I'm going to act childish and have a good fit and enjoy it! :D )
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Omphalos wrote:
Mandy wrote:Byron's funny when he gets his panties in a twist.
It really does not take much these days, does it?
"All too easy..." Image

(Geez, thanks to Kevin I actually feel dirty using a Star Wars quote now...)
Omphalos wrote:I wonder how we can crack that shell?
Dude, he's loooong gone.
Narf!
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Mr. Teg wrote:Dude, he's loooong gone.
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it guide your destiny? :P

~Leto II, God Emperor
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

I keep thinking, Oh that's not bad, it won't get deleted so I don't need to save it. And then it does.
orald

Post by orald »

Sound's like you're all having so much fun there...but I won't go, I have my eternal soul to think about.
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

I'm awake! God help me, I'm awake!
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Fuck! I had my first comment deleted by Byron...A new form of governorship is rising over DN?
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

-from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:Fuck! I had my first comment deleted by Byron...A new form of governorship is rising over DN?
Nah...it's the same shit...
Neutrinos watch alert !

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Byron deleted my perfectly civil exchange with Hyppo on the Are There Any Women On Here thread started by Sloe Man, but not before Sloe Man quoted one of my posts. So now when you read the thread you see Sloe Man quoting a now non-existant post where I point out that the women at Dunenovels are the leftovers who nobody else wants.
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Considering how delete-happy Byron is these days, I pulled this from the I was a friend of Omphalos thread
I wrote:I wasn't a friend of Omphalos. How anyone could not like these new books is completely beyond my understanding. They're so well-written. You can really tell how much planning went into them because they really make you think about where we're headed as a species.

Sales for Paul of Dune should be through the roof! That should shut up all of those naysayers once and for all. If they weren't good, no one would buy them. Having access to the writing process through the Dune Novels Blog by the actual authors really lets us know that they're doing this for the fans of FH's classics.

Hopefully now that Omph's gone this place can finally start to feel like home and we can really get into how these new books have affected our lives.
P.S. Sloey's gonna miss you :cry:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Sloey needs some tough love. ;)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

:lol:

I love it! Thanks!

And tell Sloey to get his ass over to Jacurutu.

orald

Post by orald »

"Tough love" and "ass"? Hmm, should I comment further?
"Brian! Brian! Brian!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Brian!"

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Pull your pants back up orald. :roll:

chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Yeah, I can smell Orald's cheesy dick over the internet.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

This one will most likely get deleted:
CL, what I don't think they understand is how notes work. When people take notes in preperation for writting something, sometimes they decide not to use some ideas. It's OK to use those notes later, but not if they contradict what you've already published.

In Dune, FH wrote that Paul was born on Caladan and whatever notes FH wrote to the contrary before publishing Dune are irrelivent.

I was born in New Orleans and moved to Atlanta when I was very young, but I still tell people I was born in New Orleans. That's where the birth certificate is, there's no sense in lying about it.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

It makes too much sense. Its days must be numbered.

orald

Post by orald »

Your hairy asscrack smells of roses, CL. Maybe you stuck an air-freshener up there? :o

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

Just had two posts deleted today:

In the What do you want Paul of Dune to look like thread
I wrote:I want Paul of Dune to include all of the garbage we've seen referenced in the other books and a bunch more!

I love what's going on. You better believe I'll be first in line for it. Dune is slipping down the sewer of mediocrity and stagnation. We all know why the books actually sell, and it ain't 'cause o' the authors. I'll make sure to get my review out as soon as possible.

I'll give the HLP as much money as they want for as many products as they produce. I want them to continue to grow soft. We can help bring about their own Kralizec. The scattering which will occur in future HLP generations will help bring about a new age of quality in which fans of the FH novels will be able to look back on this period as the dark times and laugh about what a joke all of these other books have been.

And with what's being pumped out now, I don't think we'll have to wait very long.
And in the FH inconsistencies thread
I wrote:I've got another FH inconsistency here. He never once mentions in GEoD that Norma was a God. You'd think he'd want to include a little detail like that.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:And in the FH inconsistencies thread
I wrote:I've got another FH inconsistency here. He never once mentions in GEoD that Norma was a God. You'd think he'd want to include a little detail like that.
:lol: :lol:

Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

Oh, god. Don't do that.

Next thing you know, preeks will be finding inconsistencies and saying that Frank "Necrophile'd" Herbert should have researched Brian and Kevin's books before he did silly things like waiting 3,000 years for anyone to invent no-tech.

I'm going to go vomit somewhere.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I saw the inconsistencies one yesterday afternoon. :D

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /var/www/browse/pguts.php on line 704
I got this over at DN when using a proxy to take a peek. I think it's surprisingly appropriate. :D
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I just tried to take a look now too, and I can't even get that far. I guess Unca Mike let things wilt again.

Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

I'm guessing that this one is destined for the deletion pile, so I'll post here as well:
To which I wrote:
Web Druid wrote:I will also be posting several videos I took of the first event this year at University Bookstore in Seattle WA. They will be posted on Suvudu.com either Friday or Monday. I'll let you know when that happens, as I see some of you are curious about how the two writers came to work together, the notes they found, etc.
Yeah, that will be interesting to see which version the official one is now.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I was there when he was recording it. I'm glad that he recorded it, because there were some things I just did not have time to write down and comment about. That will jog my memory for sure.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

So Shawn is part of that site, too, huh? (That was the user name on that one YouTube video I found of Kevin at Comic Con. Hey, Triumph was at Comic Con 2008, too. Too bad he didn't run into Kevin...A GOOD AUTHOR FOR HIM TO POOP ON!!! :lol: )

Suvudu...Suck Up Videos something something something? ;)

Return to “Dune Talk”