SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Outlander

Post by Eyes High »

Anyone heard or seen this movie?
Release Date: 11 July 2008

Genre: Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi more

Tagline: It destroyed his world. He won't let it destroy ours.

Plot:During the reign of the Vikings, Kainan, a man from a far-off world, crash lands on Earth, bringing with him an alien predator known as the Moorwen. Though both man and monster are seeking revenge for violence committed against them, Kainan leads the alliance to kill the Moorwen by fusing his advanced technology with the Viking's Iron Age weaponry.

Taken from: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462465/
I had not heard of it before, but saw it one the website for the local discounted movie theater nearest us. My husband took me to see it today.

I enjoyed it but there was not much sci-fi in it, in my opinion. The action was decent and I like the lead female character. I believe the plot line above touches the main points of the story.

I was just surprised that I had not seen any advertisments for it and was wondering if any of y'all had.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Never hear about nuttin' over here. :(

:lol:

Sounds kinda like Hidden with Kyle MacWhat'sHisName from Dune ... or more like the one where the alien cop is chasing the drug dealer alien who shoots people up with cocaine straight to the heart and then spikes their brains to extract the endorphens ... or dorphlundgrens? :P

The Age of Vikings setting is the novel twist, I reckons. I imagine it'll end up on Fox Movies eventually.... :)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I don't think I have either. Cool cast.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”