Movies that never were

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Liege-Killer

Movies that never were

Post by Liege-Killer »

Here's some interesting reading on some movies that were planned but never actually got made.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet with Oliver Stone's Planet of the Apes. :lol:
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Star Trek IV With Eddie Murphy... :shock:

"Fuck you, Kirk, you motha-fucka..."

:lol:
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Ugh.

The last bit on "Jodorowsky's Dune" is interesting. My shallow impression is that it would have been quite frightful.

:?: :?: :?:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

SandChigger wrote::lol:

Ugh.

The last bit on "Jodorowsky's Dune" is interesting. My shallow impression is that it would have been quite frightful.

:?: :?: :?:
As well as wanting to have Salvador Dalí as the Emperor, Alejandro Jodorowsky had other plans for the casting. Originally he wanted to play Leto Atreides himself, but changed his mind when he decided he'd be too busy with the rest of the movie. For Paul Atreides, he cast his son Brontis Jodorowsky. David Carradine was to play Liet Kynes, [or Leto Atreides] and Alejandro wanted Charlotte Rampling for Lady Jessica, but she turned the role down. Additional rumours place Orson Welles as the Baron Harkonnen and Gloria Swanson as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam.
:shock:

Baron : Rosebud...

Piter: The name of a new sex slave, my baron?

Baron : WTF?
Neutrinos watch alert !

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

That Batman by Aronofsky sounds awesomely fucked up. I'd definitely pay to see that. But I wouldn't sacrifice Nolan's two films to see it. Nolan is by far the better filmmaker (gets ready to rumble with any fellow dissenting film fans) and maintains almost all the right kind of Batman elements that still makes Batman who he is.

Stone's Planet of the Apes sounds awful and given that he hasn't made a good film in over a decade now, I think even Burton's disaster is preferable.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

GamePlayer wrote:Nolan is by far the better filmmaker (gets ready to rumble with any fellow dissenting film fans) and maintains almost all the right kind of Batman elements that still makes Batman who he is.
Im with you on that one.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

But i liked Burton's disaster... :(

At the time, it was a new take on the genre and i think it fired up the making of superheroes movies...
Neutrinos watch alert !

tanzeelat

Post by tanzeelat »

I'd have watched the Jodorowsky Dune, although I'm fairly sure it would have born no resemblance to the book. Well, even less than resemblance than Lynch's version. But the idea of Paul Atriedes as some sort of El Topo like figure, and with a story to match, with production design by Chris Foss and Moebius. Absolute genius.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”