Terry Goodkind fans

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Terry Goodkind fans

Post by Omphalos »

Here is an article about a syndicated TV show about his Legend of the Seeker story. Im afraid Im at a loss, as Ive never read it, or been interested in Terry Goodkind. Can anybody tell me if I missing something cool?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

Goodkind's Sword of Truth series is derivative fantasy drivel not very well
disguised as a delivery vehicle for his Ayn Randian Obectivism philosophy.
It is aggravating reading and will dull your mind. I am severely challenged
to consider that his other works would be much better. His message board
is DN-like as well, if that tells you anything.
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

His message board is far worse than DN from what I can tell. :shock:

His writing... I'll admit that when I was a kid I enjoyed his first couple books, they weren't what I'd call great writing but they weren't total shit either. His later stuff got really bad, and super preachy and repetitive to the point of making KJABH look like they've never repeated anything. Worst part is, each of his books he'd pick one philosophy and just beat it into the reader for 7 or 8 hundred pages of the main characters giving speeches about whatever the topics is. One book is all about how communism is bad, another book is all about how pacifists are idiots, the list goes on.

And the thing that says it all: When I was lurking on his forum (mostly just because I'd heard is was as bad or worse than DN and I was curious) this is what the admin had to say when reminding people about a certain rule:
16) Also, these are not your typical fantasy books. In fact Terry does not consider them fantasy books at all. They are books about the nobility of the human spirit, which happen to have some fantasy elements.

With that in mind we are not going to be posting threads leek, "who is hotter, Kahlan or Cara."; "Who would win in a fight, Zedd or Nathan" These are frivolous threads and do not belong on this site.
What a fucking ego maniac - that comment honestly puts him right next to or above KJA in my books for the arrogance factor.

Also, this is what the admin "Zedd" says to people like us who quit the forum:
And please spare me the I'm leaving pm's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

everytime I do anything on this site, I always get a few pm's telling me how I ruined the site and their lives and they are leaving.

Do me a favor, just leave without telling me first.

Serioulsy if your life or even your day can be ruined by some words on the internet being deleted, then I don't really know what to tell ya, other then goodbye.

So I will save you the time and say goodbye in advance. No need to send me a letter.
Sound familiar?
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

board crashing party anyone? :lol:
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Ampoliros wrote:board crashing party anyone? :lol:
All 50 of us here? :lol:

BTW, I love that avatar of yours. It took me forever to figure out what it was. At first I thought it was a heavily stylized face of a woman, and the red keep were her lips. Its the Yamato, right?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:His message board is far worse than DN from what I can tell. :shock:
They do not allow discussion of ANY books other than TG's. That right there
turned me off his board for good.
==================
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Star Dust wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:His message board is far worse than DN from what I can tell. :shock:
The guy is obviously a complete ego-maniac.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Star Dust wrote:
The guy is obviously a complete ego-maniac.
Or has entrusted his message board to one. In this case, I think it's both.
==================
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

Omphalos wrote:
Ampoliros wrote:board crashing party anyone? :lol:
All 50 of us here? :lol:

BTW, I love that avatar of yours. It took me forever to figure out what it was. At first I thought it was a heavily stylized face of a woman, and the red keep were her lips. Its the Yamato, right?

Aye, Space Battleship Yamato! Love the movies and the Star Blazers was nae bad either :D

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”