Sc-Fi channel green-lights Caprica

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Star Dust

Sc-Fi channel green-lights Caprica

Post by Star Dust »

http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/03/18/ ... nnel.shtml
According to the Hollywood Reporter and Broadcasting and Cable, the Battlestar Galactica franchise will continue on the Sci-Fi Channel in the form of the prequel series Caprica.

At its upfront presentation Tuesday in New York, the cable channel said that it has greenlighted a two-hour back-door pilot for the prequel, which had been in development for two years.

Produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, Caprica, which is set 50 years before the events in the departing Galactica and will follow two rival families and the backstabbing and passion involved as they evolve in the world of the 12 Colonies, will begin production in the spring. The pilot is co-written by Moore and Remi Aubuchon.

"We couldn't be more excited to see this long-anticipated project get off the ground," Sci Fi executive vice president of original programming Mark Stern said. "It's an amazing script and, though clearly inspired by the Battlestar mythology, it is not just a pale spinoff. This is a smart, thought-provoking, emotional and compelling character drama in its own right."
DN banned: Sep 14, 2008
==================
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

My curiosity is definitely piqued, but I'm not aboard until I see the the 4th and last season of BSG re-imagined. If that series lives up to its potential like it has with all the three preceeding seasons and it turns out to be the true gem of a sci-fi series I'm hoping it will be, then I'll take a shot at the sequels. If not, I'm out.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I'll give Caprica a shot, even if the final season of BSG is crap. I'm not expecting Caprica to be the same as BSG, it'll probably be more drama than sci fi.
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

If it's all about "shippers" does that still make it sci-fi? ;)
==================
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Sounds like its set after the first Cylon war, so it should be full of angry, battle-fatigued, drunk, horn-dogs, like BSG is, so it may not be too different.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Star Dust wrote:If it's all about "shippers" does that still make it sci-fi? ;)
No, just makes it a soap opera set in the future.

"shippers" are the fans who like the relationships :wink:
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Mandy wrote:"shippers" are the fans who like the relationships :wink:
Thanks for the clarification on that. ;)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Star Dust

Post by Star Dust »

Well, saying "shippers" was a lot easier than saying "the objects of shippers affections." I mean, you could PLAYED ALONG omg lol.
==================
13athroom

caprica spoilers

Post by 13athroom »

new caprica info:
spoilers ahoy
Kilroy was here
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

People actually read AICN? :wink: :P

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I hate that site. Its so ugly and hard to navigate. But I cant wait for this show!
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Robspierre
Archivist

Post by Robspierre »

GamePlayer wrote:People actually read AICN? :wink: :P

I refuse to go to that place, it makes my skin crawl.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

Ompf
I like the screaming fanboy atmosphere of the site, especially the infantile, profanity laced reviews and ten-minutes-out-of-the-theatre-raging-fanboy-opinion. Every film is either:

"OMGZ*!*!#$%$&% THIS FILM FUCKING ROXORS THE BOXORS! FTW! OWNZ JOO! I JUST HAD AN ORGASM!"

or...

"THIS MOVIE SUX ASS! I WANT THIS TWO HOURS BACK! MY CHILDHOOD HAS BEEN RAPED! FUCK EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES!"

I can feel the intelligence :)

Robspierre
That's a very good way to describe it. It is like the dodgy, bad side of town dive of the online film world. If they weren't such complete pansies, you could almost imagine working girls doing coke lines off the servers :)

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”