[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED • View topic - Serenity

Serenity

SF genre TV and Movie discussions

Serenity

Postby Omphalos » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 pm

According to Joss Wheadon, we are going to get a special edition of Firefly on DVD soon (and he promises it will be special and oh, so rock), plus there may be an inclination for a SEQUEL! I would love that.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Postby GamePlayer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Uh, Ompfy, did you see the date on that news article? It's August 2007. The "Collector's Edition" has already been released :)

WELCOME TO LAST YEAR!

:P :P :P

Oh yeah! :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
GamePlayer

Postby Robspierre » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 pm

I enjoyed Firefly and Serenity both and would love a sequel.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.

http://kiltedrobspub.blogspot.com/
Robspierre
Archivist

Postby Omphalos » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 pm

GamePlayer wrote:Uh, Ompfy, did you see the date on that news article? It's August 2007. The "Collector's Edition" has already been released :)

WELCOME TO LAST YEAR!

:P :P :P

Oh yeah! :)

Im as timely as I need to be. I must ask, is it out yet? No? Then Im timely. :P

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 am

I hope there is a Serenity sequel! I loved Firefly, Serenity was pretty good.. coulda been better, imo.
Mandy

Postby GamePlayer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:58 am

Omphalos wrote:Im as timely as I need to be. I must ask, is it out yet? No? Then Im timely. :P

Yeah, August 21, 2007 is very timely. Not too worry, you're in good company on the net :)

I actually loved both Firefly and Serenity. I saw Serenity in the theatres and then picked up Firefly after on DVD. Damn shame. Please make another film Whedon! :)
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
GamePlayer

Postby Omphalos » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:12 am

Mandy wrote:I hope there is a Serenity sequel! I loved Firefly, Serenity was pretty good.. coulda been better, imo.

That is exactly how I felt. The film was just an attempt to condense the story that they were going to get to in the show, and it suffered for that. But it was good, and I LOVE the series.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Return to Genre TV and Movies