Revolution

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
A Thing of Eternity

Revolution

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Anybody watching this? Has it's ups and downs but so far I'm enjoying it.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: Revolution

Post by Omphalos »

Stopped watching After three episodes. But I do like that submarine show and 666 Park Ave.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Ah, yeah it only started being any good after the first few. Haven't watched either of those yet but they do look pretty good.
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
lotek
Archivist

Post by lotek »

What's that about ?
In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
- D. Pope
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Revolution? Not a clue.
IMDB wrote:A group of revolutionaries must battle a governing dictatorial militia 15 years after an instantaneous global shutdown of all electronic devices known as the Blackout.
Sound like a watered down The Day, which if you haven't seen then shame on you, go away and watch it at once.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
Serkanner

Post by Serkanner »

I have watched the first 6 episodes now and although not fantastic, I find it very entertaining.
lotek
Archivist

Post by lotek »

inhuien wrote:Revolution? Not a clue.
IMDB wrote:A group of revolutionaries must battle a governing dictatorial militia 15 years after an instantaneous global shutdown of all electronic devices known as the Blackout.
Sound like a watered down The Day, which if you haven't seen then shame on you, go away and watch it at once.
I shall do that.
I like to wait for a few seasons and/or episodes at least so I don't get the wait for next one syndrome, it was bad enough when I was a kid and there was no internet.
(yes, there was no internet, it was those Day
In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
- D. Pope
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Man, I remember books.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

lotek
Archivist

Post by lotek »

And the library.
- D. Pope
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

lotek wrote: (yes, there was no internet, it was those Day

Should be stated as: Those were the days!
lotek
Archivist

Post by lotek »

I know that, but I deliberately changed it because this wouldn't work otherwise
it was "The Day"
it was "Those Days" (that were)

;)
- D. Pope
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way....

And you have only yourselves to blame, I'm merely a conduct of causality here.

SandRider
Judge of the Change

Post by SandRider »

Serkanner

Post by Serkanner »

SandRider wrote:
My favourite comedy of all time. My grandmother is the spitting image of Edith. (behaviour wise that is)
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

I've been watching this one, but it's a little borderline for me; not much else going on in tv land these days, so why not? It's been disappointing from a science perspective, though. Just these gadgets that cause this anti-electical field, with no explanation at all of how they work. I like some of the characters, however, especially that guy who played the drug lord on Breaking Bad.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”