Omphalos Preps for Filming

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Nekhrun
Archivist

Omphalos Preps for Filming

Post by Nekhrun »

FYI

http://www.themortonreport.com/entertai ... -shooting/
On television as well as in feature films and, sadly, the real world, there are murder investigations constantly being carried out by the authorities. What would you do, however, if you arrived at a crime scene only to discover that the victim was, in fact, you.

In the indie sci-fi thriller Omphalos, Edoardo Ballerini (Boardwalk Empire, Dinner Rush, The Sopranos) stars as Darius Lefaux, a private eye whose personal and professional lives are far from perfect. One day he is called in to investigate a murder and, much to his disbelief, the corpse turns out to be the spitting image of him.

Not long after, Darius begins recalling disturbing and confusing memories from his past. He also encounters more duplicates of himself. Both these occurrences are somehow connected to John Luka, an eccentric out-of-work juggler and old ally of Darius who was once involved in a time travel experiment that went awry. The two men eventually meet and together journey to “Omphalos,” a secret site they hope will resolve the conundrum that is unfolding around them.

Award-winning director Gabriel Judet-Weinshel makes his feature film debut with Omphalos, principle photography for which is scheduled to begin on August 15th, 2011.

The movie is being produced by Red Giant Media, a diverse and talented group of entertainment professionals that includes Independent Spirit Nominees Isen Robbins and Aimee Schoof (Brother to Brother, XX/XY), actor, writer and director Edoardo Ballerini, award-winning actor and writer as well as singer Greg Bennick, casting directors Sig de Miguel and Stephen Vincent (The Good Shepherd, Rabit Hole), award-winning director of photography (DOP) George Nicholas, line producer Ty Walker, production designer Laurie Krupp (Day Zero) and visual effects (VFX) artist Aidan Fraser (Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith).

Learn more about Omphalos and how you can help bring this movie to the big screen.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: Omphalos Preps for Filming

Post by Omphalos »

Darius "the fake," huh? Think I have this one already figured out.

Wasn't there a book with my name too?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Sev

Re: Omphalos Preps for Filming

Post by Sev »

There was, the British SF writer E.C. Tubb published 'Pawn of the Omphalos' in 1980.

My username is a shortened version of Severance, and that's been a movie. On another forum I was Severance23, so when 23 became a movie as well I changed it to Severed - and that became a movie as well :roll:
"It was early 1974 before I made any attempt to read Dune. After forty pages I gave up. I couldn't get into the book. It seemed convoluted, opaque and full of strange language." - Brian "Bobo" Herbert

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”