[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED • View topic - I am offended

I am offended

SF genre TV and Movie discussions

I am offended

Postby Omphalos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Nineteen Eighty-Four meets The Terminator? Fuck them.

http://www.slashfilm.com/24-final-desti ... cifi-film/
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: I am offended

Postby Serkanner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 am

Horrible. It is al the "lowest denominator" again. This world is full of "low". Yuck!
Serkanner

Postby SandChigger » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

Ugh. :roll:
SandChigger
Archivist

Postby Hunchback Jack » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 am

Some of the comments capture it nicely:

Better Than You
16 hours ago
I wish we could ban 1984 just so that hack writers who barely understood Orwell's politics at all would stop making stupid hamfisted references to it in their own work.
hide 1 reply reply

Peter Burman
12 hours ago
Hell, I don't trust them with Terminator.

HBJ
Hunchback Jack

Postby Ampoliros » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Terminator + 1984 is the wrong analogy.

Cameron + Berg + Bay + Shamalayan would be more apt.

Translation: It will have lots of shiny sci-fi CGI, and it will have a moment where the characters almost try and address a human issue, and it might even move people with sub-par intelligence and then BAM! Action-CGI! It will also have robots and a hot chick.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
Ampoliros

Postby lotek » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

did someone say hot chick ?
In short, the Jihad is over. It ended just as SandRider predicted it would, not with a bang or even a whimper, by simple attrition.
- D. Pope
lotek
Archivist

Return to Genre TV and Movies