[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
THE (ALMOST) UNDELETED • View topic - Outcasts

Outcasts

SF genre TV and Movie discussions

Outcasts

Postby Himachil » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:33 pm

This has been on for a few weeks but I'm just getting round to watching a bit it. Still not entirely sure what to make of it - mainly due to it's stubborn refusal to tell you anything, but the last ep I watched was actually getting pretty decent. It's definitely got a hint of BSG about it - post catastrophe people living on the edge with lots of baggage, things they created not being too pleased and a character who is a bit Baltar.

And that, children, is how the little bunny rabbit got his fluffy white tail.

As a minimum, we must demand from SF that it be wiser than the world it speaks to.
--Darko Suvin; On the Poetics of the Science Fiction Genre
Himachil

Re: Outcasts

Postby Serkanner » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Thanks for the tip. I am getting me the first 5 episodes from the web. My stupid tv provider doesn't have the BBC in its basic package. :evil:
Serkanner

Re: Outcasts

Postby Omphalos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:45 pm

I've heard some mixed reviews about it. Don't think its made it to the BBCA yet.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Return to Genre TV and Movies