BBC Zombie Drama: Dead Set

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

BBC Zombie Drama: Dead Set

Post by Omphalos »

Did anyone see this? It aired in the States over Halloween, IIRC, on IFC. I recorded it but my lovely bride deleted it before I could see any of it. We still chat about that faus pas occasipnally, when I remind her that I havent been able to find it anywhere since.

BBC has been making some fair to midlin quality five- to six-part genre shows over the last few years. Ive seen zombie, vampire, post apocalypse, and a few others. anyone else noticed this?
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Re: BBC Zombie Drama: Dead Set

Post by SandChigger »

I wasn't around in the States to see this, but I think I've mentioned that last year when I was back I watched and quite liked the first season of that Being Human series about the vampire, werewolf and ghost sharing a flat. I caught a couple of episodes of the second season while I was back this year, but didn't get to see all of it.

Over here in Japan one of my channels was showing an English post-apocalypse thing (almost everyone dies from some plague); can't recall the title exactly at the moment, but I think it had "survivors" in it; opening shots of each episode showed the Earth from space, at least the ones I kinda watched.

Some interesting things, to be sure. ;)
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Dead Set aired over here a couple of years ago, it was rather good, well paced with interesting/infuriating characters. There were one or two poorly placed attempts at humour that fell flat, but on the whole it's worth a watch. It's on DVD from as little as £3.99 over here, oh it's a Channel 4 production.
Look, I'm not much good at big speeches, and I know I haven't always been an easy guy to get on with, and I know, that given the choice, I wouldn't have chosen you as friends, but I just want to say, that over the years, I have come to regard you as people I met.

-Rimmer’s farewell speech
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Just found it on iTunes for $7.99. Thanks Inhuien!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Just finished it.n man, that was good. Wont be a sequel thete,that's for sure.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”