Jonah Hex

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Jonah Hex

Post by Eyes High »

Who has seen this movie? What did you think of it? Who has read the graphic novel?

Went and saw it with my husband this past Saturday. Thought it was a good 'action flik' but I've never read the comic books so I don't know how true to the story it was.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
Robspierre
Archivist

Re: Jonah Hex

Post by Robspierre »

Has no resemblance to the comic book.

Megan Fox still can't act.

Rob
Friends are the family we choose.
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

Robspierre wrote:Megan Fox still can't act.
Like anybody cares. :roll:
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Freakzilla wrote:
There are lots of hotter actresses who actually can act, so I think this is a legitimate criticism. Alicia Witt, Natalie Portman, Scarlet Johannsen, Tom Hardy, all hotter than Megan Fox, all better actresses.

So, Jonah Hex is just not worth seeing? Am I really going to have to watch The Expendables this weekend?
Freakzilla
Archivist

Post by Freakzilla »

merkin muffley wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
There are lots of hotter actresses who actually can act, so I think this is a legitimate criticism. Alicia Witt, Natalie Portman, Scarlet Johannsen, Tom Hardy, all hotter than Megan Fox, all better actresses.

So, Jonah Hex is just not worth seeing? Am I really going to have to watch The Expendables this weekend?
I wasn't trying to say Rob's criticism wasn't legit, just that people don't watch Megan Fox for the acting. She's mostly been in action and horror movies, right?
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Yeah, she's not typically competing with Meryl Streep for roles.
Nekhrun
Archivist

Post by Nekhrun »

merkin muffley wrote:Yeah, she's not typically competing with Meryl Streep for roles.
Probably would've made that Julia Child movie better though.

I actually don't think she's very attractive when I've seen her in photos or on TV, but for some reason she's always looked pretty good in those Transformers movies.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Nekhrun wrote:
merkin muffley wrote:Yeah, she's not typically competing with Meryl Streep for roles.
Probably would've made that Julia Child movie better though.

I actually don't think she's very attractive when I've seen her in photos or on TV, but for some reason she's always looked pretty good in those Transformers movies.
I agree, she looked great in the first one (never saw the second) and from then on it was pretty meh. I like darker girls anyways, now Grace Parks, THAT is a beautiful woman, I don't even care at all that she's a full decade older than I am. :D
I deleted some of your posts because they were derailing the topic and not focusing on the issues asked, and instead going after the authors or their material. That's why. ~ BM
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Grace Parks is sexy. The only part of Transformers I've ever seen is the infamous Megan Fox looking under the hood of the car shot, and it almost made me want to watch the movie, despite my feelings abour Michael Bay.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

merkin muffley wrote: ...

Depends on what you like when seeing a movie. If you plot and sub-plots and content, then probably not...but if you don't mind just setting back and watching the screen light up with explosions and predictable outcomes. Then go for it. It was funny and there were plenty of fighting and explosions. A nice action flick.

I enjoyed it, but then I again I enjoyed Avatar. Now neither of them are worthy to become classics in my opinion. But for two hours of forgetting that 2+2=4, it was worth going to the discount theater for.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
merkin muffley

Post by merkin muffley »

Eyes High wrote:It was funny
Funny goes a long way. And I like Josh Brolin.

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”