Terra Nova

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Terra Nova

Post by Omphalos »

Here's a new TV show that's in development by Spielberg. Personally I don't trust Spielberg, and I trust Fox even less. This thing will probably get really preachy, really quick, but the concept sound great.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Re: Terra Nova

Post by SandChigger »

A family in a devastated future blasts back to Earth’s prehistoric, dino filled world in the hopes of saving humanity from itself.
Time travel? This may be a new record: ALL interest lost by second sentence of second paragraph! :P

Yeah, count me out.

Last edited by SandChigger on Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

I will never understand why people actually look for anything other than schlock in TV and movie SF. Simply put, there are so few good things out there, that you might as well resign yourself to 50's level KJA-inspired stuff. IOW, if you set your sights too high, you will never be entertained.

Besides, time travel can be good just as easily as any other SF concept.

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

I don't expect anything better, but I can always hope, no? ;)
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

That's pretty funny. Im still gonna watch it and report back to you here, with all the juicy details. So get ready to feel like you've experienced it.

Bet you anything it has a few cute, plucky and bickering kids who are smart beyond their years and can figure out advanced, proprietary security systems that house dinosaurs.

Can't wait!

Hmmmm. Maybe Ill review Avatar this week.

Serkanner

Post by Serkanner »

Omphalos wrote:That's pretty funny. Im still gonna watch it and report back to you here, with all the juicy details. So get ready to feel like you've experienced it.

Bet you anything it has a few cute, plucky and bickering kids who are smart beyond their years and can figure out advanced, proprietary security systems that house dinosaurs.

Can't wait!

I would like some scarcely clothed females come with it, and actually might watch it. I don't care about the story as it is not original in any way. I remember a similar type of series for kids/teenagers a couple of years ago, but completely forgot its name.
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Omphalos wrote:That's pretty funny. Im still gonna watch it and report back to you here, with all the juicy details. So get ready to feel like you've experienced it.
Ooh, can hardly wait! :D
Mmmmm ... HURT may! :lol:

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Why dinosaurs? WTF?

If you can time travel to fix humanity then start with an Inglorious Basterds Hitler assassination and spend each episode screwing up the timeline even more by going back to fix something and then going back to your own time to see how much it changed things.

Oh wait, that might be too edgy for primetime.

Here's a good pilot: Spielberg himself goes back in time to stop himself from ruining Indiana Jones and George Lucas from doing the Star Wars Prequels.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
SandChigger
Archivist

Re: Terra Nova news...

Post by SandChigger »

Brian Tyler slated to score Terra Nova

From October 7th; posted by the admin of the Tyler fan page on FB.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: Terra Nova news...

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger wrote:Brian Tyler slated to score Terra Nova

From October 7th; posted by the admin of the Tyler fan page on FB.
Maybe that's why he's come out of torpor. He's been hired.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

He hasn't exactly been inactive: he evidently did the soundtrack for The Expendables. That was out this summer, right? :?: :?: :?:

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Oh. Well, it's not like he's going to give you a satisfactory answer anyway. I

Is he responding to ancient emails, or did you contact him again and get a reply this time?

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

To an end of September message on Facebook.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Who, me? :shock:

Wasn't planning on it! :lol:

I figure if nothing else, my hate of stupidity will keep me going a LONG time. ;)

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”