The Black Hole redux

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

The Black Hole redux

Post by Omphalos »

Now when the whole Tron reboot thing came around, I got excited at first; I had great memories of the movie Tron. Then I ordered it from Netflix, watched it, and realized what a complete piece of shit it was. I probably won't bother with the new one, the original was such a piece of shit.

But this is something I can get behind. I loved this movie back when I was a kid, and a few years ago when I rewatched it.

http://www.scificool.com/the-tron-legac ... lack-hole/
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Freakzilla
Archivist

Re: The Black Hole redux

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:Now when the whole Tron reboot thing came around, I got excited at first; I had great memories of the movie Tron. Then I ordered it from Netflix, watched it, and realized what a complete piece of shit it was. I probably won't bother with the new one, the original was such a piece of shit.
You'll smoke a turd in Hell, blasphemer.
But this is something I can get behind. I loved this movie back when I was a kid, and a few years ago when I rewatched it.

http://www.scificool.com/the-tron-legac ... lack-hole/
I loved it as a kid, even had a plastic model of the USS Cygnus. But I was much more fond of Tron, watched it dozens of times. I guess because I was more into computers than astronomy at the time.
They were destroyed because they lied pretentiously. Have no fear that my wrath
will fall upon you because of your innocent mistakes.

~Leto II, God Emperor
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Fuck...another reboot?

They should just remaster the original and show it at the movies...
Neutrinos watch alert !

Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Omph never got in touch with his user.
"On the Eight day, God created Wizards because he knew he'd have to retconn some crazy shit."
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

I'll side with Omph on this one. Black Hole good, Tron bad. At least, I think; it's been around a lifetime since I've seen either.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Liege-Killer wrote:I'll side with Omph on this one. Black Hole good, Tron bad. At least, I think; it's been around a lifetime since I've seen either.
AT LAST!!!! :P
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
Trang

Post by Trang »

Omph!! you will have to light many candles and make many sacrifices at the alter to regain favor with the gods and goddess's of sci fi you have scorned with your blasphemy!!

Tron kicked ass back in the day, and it still does!!! Im ok with a reboot because you cant fuck up something that was corny and mediocre to begin with, but again just kicks ass.

Minus the heaven/hell ending weird thing, the Black Hole rocked.. I loved the old robot, and favorite scene is him and Vincent at the shooting range out blasting Star. I have the the comic book and album of the movie in storage, also think I have the complete first set of collectible cards.

A reboot here I don't fear either, don't think they could fuck it up to bad.

end of line...
2/11/1986

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”