Bad Robot`

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Bad Robot`

Post by Omphalos »

This site always skimps on the info, but they do try to get something up about every project in the works. This looks alright.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Re: Bad Robot`

Post by SandChigger »

Will look at the trailer next time I'm in the office. (I like the blood-splattered cutsey round face, though. :) ) Saw these on the same page:
Assault Girls Trailer. It’s Like Dune, Except with Hot Japanese Chicks.
October 10, 2009

J.J. Abrams Dishes On The Next Trek
October 9, 2009
I seriously doubt it will be anything like Dune, unless they meant Rynch's Dune. :P

And fuck J.J. Abrams' Treks. :roll:
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:Will look at the trailer next time I'm in the office. (I like the blood-splattered cutsey round face, though. :) ) Saw these on the same page:
Assault Girls Trailer. It’s Like Dune, Except with Hot Japanese Chicks.
October 10, 2009

J.J. Abrams Dishes On The Next Trek
October 9, 2009
I seriously doubt it will be anything like Dune, unless they meant Rynch's Dune. :P
From the bit i saw, it's gonna be one of those "lure those fucking anime retards" flicks the japanese so love to make.
SandChigger wrote:And fuck J.J. Abrams' Treks. :roll:
I havent seen the movie and i dont plan to, i never liked star trek. Except for the movies when i was a kid.
My brother saw it, he said it was a great film and that the story was smart. :roll:
I lost a huge chunk of respect for him.
"But if self-replication can be considered a life-form, then intelligence should be, too.
The real problem is that "life" is such an unscientific word" - Masamune Shirow
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Seraphan wrote:My brother saw it, he said it was a great film and that the story was smart. :roll:
Ouch. That always hurts. :(
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:
Seraphan wrote:My brother saw it, he said it was a great film and that the story was smart. :roll:
Ouch. That always hurts. :(
Yeah, it's been happening gradualy. He says he liked the transformers movies and found the "attempted" comedy moments funny.

Then he tried to talk with me about the watchmen movie, and actually tried to talk about watchmen itself. The funny part? He never read the novel.

The other bullet was when he said (or better implied) that The Wire wasnt his cup of tea because it was about real life.

He's been going on now about the Fringe tv show, but i've only seen the first episode so i dont know if it really is any good.
"But if self-replication can be considered a life-form, then intelligence should be, too.
The real problem is that "life" is such an unscientific word" - Masamune Shirow
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

It’s actually an honest-to-goodness sci-fi movie about robots run amok. Or at least, one robot.
My first thought was that if they want to go with the "bad robot" theme, they should make a movie out of Alfred Bester's story "Fondly Fahrenheit." But then I found out it's already been done. Well, not a movie exactly; it was adapted in 1959 for a tv series called Sunday Showcase. Damn, wish I could find that somewhere.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Liege-Killer wrote:
It’s actually an honest-to-goodness sci-fi movie about robots run amok. Or at least, one robot.
My first thought was that if they want to go with the "bad robot" theme, they should make a movie out of Alfred Bester's story "Fondly Fahrenheit." But then I found out it's already been done. Well, not a movie exactly; it was adapted in 1959 for a tv series called Sunday Showcase. Damn, wish I could find that somewhere.
You should ask the Crotchety Old Fan to dig it up. He seems to enjoy doing that.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”