Speaking of BAD movies...

SF genre TV and Movie discussions
SandChigger
Archivist

Speaking of BAD movies...

Post by SandChigger »

Maybe not quite scifi genre, but...

Watched The Mummy 3 last night. 'Cause it was on one of my satellite channels and therefore, like, you know, already paid for.

Simply awful. I mean, I really liked the first movie (for what it was, a fun romp with Egyptian mummies!), and I love Jet Li, but this thing was just BAD.

Sigh. I just knew something was wrong/I was in trouble when this lame, snooty Brit bint appeared and everyone was acting like she was supposed to be Rachel Weisz. :(
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: Speaking of BAD movies...

Post by Omphalos »

I hated all the first two movies. Didn't bother with the third. Jet Li pretty much sucks, IMHO.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
The Phantom

Post by The Phantom »

the first two were fun and campy.. i watched them years ago and always enjoy Brendan Fraser's roles in movies... the third one was horrible.
I am not my own.
Eyes High
Momma Eyes

Post by Eyes High »

like with most movies that go into sequels. the first one was the best. I like Brandon Fraisor in most of the movies that I've seen him in.
I shall lift up my eyes unto the glory of the Lord.

Safety's just danger out of place.
GamePlayer

Post by GamePlayer »

I liked the first Mummy movie, dropped out after the second film so I never saw anything else past that. The only good Jet Li film was Hero, which was fantastic.
"What are we to call him, this Player of Games?"

"The books of Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert lie in a realm of uncertainty between self-conscious absurdity and genuine failure"
Liege-Killer

Post by Liege-Killer »

I like Jet Li, but even he couldn't save this pile of poo.

Not that I cared much for the first two installments either. Might have something to do with the fact that I really, really, really can't stand Brendan Fraser. At all. Really. I'd be hard put to think of a more useless "actor." What a worthless putz.
"I'm being ironic. Don't interrupt a man in the midst of being ironic, it's not polite." -- Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Return to “Genre TV and Movies”