King's "Under The Dome"

Links to stories that you like and want to share
SandChigger
Archivist

King's "Under The Dome"

Post by SandChigger »

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Dome-Novel- ... _mrai-recs

Anyone heard anything about this? Amazon sent me an email about it and a new collection of horror stories by Peter Straub....
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Arrakeen is an unawakened ghola.
Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Re: King's "Under The Dome"

Post by Omphalos »

Ive seen trailers on SciFi for this book. They certainly are pumping money into promoting it.
Something is about to happen, Hal. Something wonderful!

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

The Omphalos Umbrella Page
SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

ALWAYS a good sign.
"Chancho...sometimes when you are a man...you wear stretchy pants...in your room...alone."

"Politics is never simple, like the sand chigger of Arrakis, one is rarely truly free of its bite."

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

As in, "let's milk the poo-juice from this turd before everyone realizes how bad it really is?" That kinda "good sign?"

-James C. Harwood, Science Fiction Writer, Straight (March 5, 1956 - May 25, 2010)

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

That's what I was thinking.

But keep in mind that I'm pretty much on the outside looking in, and only spend a month a year watching the tube back there: I may be out of touch with what is "normal" advertising these days.

Omphalos
Alien Overlord

Post by Omphalos »

Book trailers are a new thing. Ive seen a few on the internet - never on TV before. The visual effects were pretty bad. It felt like a lot of panning over a large, static picture. Wasn't dynamic at all, and definitely did not reveal itself to be the result of someone's hard work.

SandChigger
Archivist

Post by SandChigger »

Well, I have to admit that when you mentioned it my first thought was those hideous Grunter and Sadworn things for THOSE books. :lol:

Return to “Fiction Links”